Gifts for Moz

I once handed him an Ian McEwan novel, which I thought he'd like because it was about sexual dysfunction. I never got a thank you note, so I'm pretty sure he hated it.

Not sure if there was such topic here already but, have you ever given/tried to give Moz a present at a concert? Did you have any luck and what did you give him?
I personally made him a little crocheted teddy bear with Moz styled hair and attached a little note to it. He was taking notes and books etc from people last night in BAM and on the 9th in Long Island, but completely ignored my doll. I guess it wasnt his thing.
What was your experience?

He knows he's being photographed the whole time. I'm thinking holding a crocheted teddy bear doesn't mesh with the style/image he's worked so long to shape. I'm sure if you gave it to him in real life he'd appreciate your handy work.

I saw you trying to hand it to him. You were over on the opposite side from me.
I've been successful handing him vinyls and books. Think about what he likes and his interests.
I buy things for him with thought just as I'd do for a good friend.
It could be it was the wrong moment for him to take your gift during the song; you have to time it just right. I never take it personally. :)

Not sure if there was such topic here already but, have you ever given/tried to give Moz a present at a concert? Did you have any luck and what did you give him?
I personally made him a little crocheted teddy bear with Moz styled hair and attached a little note to it. He was taking notes and books etc from people last night in BAM and on the 9th in Long Island, but completely ignored my doll. I guess it wasnt his thing.
What was your experience?

Last edited:
LOL I think the OP is psychic. I was crocheting a present for Moz yesterday and was feeling anxious because it was turning out to be really cute and I was thinking I didn't want to give it away if it wouldn't be appreciated... I never quite got over thinking that stuffed animals were "real" and I couldn't bear for it to be thrown out or chucked aside.

So now I guess I'll just go ahead and keep it and just give him a note. We can keep our work as self-made mementos :)

Can you post a pic of your bear? It sounds adorable. I made a kitty sitting inside a rubber ring. It's not finished quite yet.

LOL I think the OP is psychic. I was crocheting a present for Moz yesterday and was feeling anxious because it was turning out to be really cute and I was thinking I didn't want to give it away if it wouldn't be appreciated... I never quite got over thinking that stuffed animals were "real" and I couldn't bear for it to be thrown out or chucked aside.

So now I guess I'll just go ahead and keep it and just give him a note. We can keep our work as self-made mementos :)

Can you post a pic of your bear? It sounds adorable. I made a kitty sitting inside a rubber ring. It's not finished quite yet.

Here it is. I just really hope now that he's found a new home, wherever it may be, as long as it's not a garbage bin.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/3787_10151219227896003_1835517239_n.jpg

That is adorable! So you did eventually manage to get him up on the stage? I hope he's found a new home too. There's something special about hand-made things. :)

well, he never took it so I just threw it on stage and his bodyguard picked it up. after the concert he told me he'd give it to his personal assistant

What gift/item would you give Morrissey if you could hand it to him personally?

I was able to personally give Morrissey a small book of poems by Oscar Wilde before a show in 2000. I wrote a small greeting and expression of gratitude on the inside cover. If you had the chance to hand him something, what would it be?

Re: What gift/item would you give Morrissey if you could hand it to him personally?

I'd give him me. Not sure he'd accept, though. :p

Re: What gift/item would you give Morrissey if you could hand it to him personally?

I once sent him the Pillow...the one that I dream on ....and he sent me his.....I'll get me coat........

I managed to throw some of my knickers at him one year, I'd soiled them completely with liquids and solids, he didn't look happy.

Nor did his security as they were in the firing line of my faecal drenched drawers, and subsequently received an unwelcome nugget of human effluence to the brow. Woe is me

I managed to throw some of my knickers at him one year, I'd soiled them completely with liquids and solids, he didn't look happy.

Nor did his security as they were in the firing line of my faecal drenched drawers, and subsequently received an unwelcome nugget of human effluence to the brow. Woe is me

I didn't realise you were so old. Double incontinence, yet it didn't stop you from waving your dentures at Moz. What a trooper!

I handed him a letter earlier this year. I was thrilled when he took it. I'd seen people hand him gifts and letters and I tried to analyze why he took some and not others. It seems he only accepts a handful per show and timing and perhaps not being to pushy is key. I had the letter in my back pocket and was waiting for the right time, then during the forth song he was making his way towards me and shaking hands. So the first time I held it out he took it right away, I was so happy. I was grateful as well to deliver it early in the set so I didn't have to stress the whole time.

..... ..... ...... ...... .....
LOL :) a leaflet out of my book!!!!!!
I oftern wonder what people post and then edit and delete!
Fascinating!

Last forum I was on the moderaters took away my edit and delete function !
My position on there as a valued member became intolerable!
I had 2 go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I handed him a letter earlier this year. I was thrilled when he took it. I'd seen people hand him gifts and letters and I tried to analyze why he took some and not others. It seems he only accepts a handful per show and timing and perhaps not being to pushy is key. I had the letter in my back pocket and was waiting for the right time, then during the forth song he was making his way towards me and shaking hands. So the first time I held it out he took it right away, I was so happy. I was grateful as well to deliver it early in the set so I didn't have to stress the whole time.

:) ! I really do feel morrissey and kristeen really like and appreciate gifts and letters ect
Its a very special and personal thing 2 write a hand wriiten letter 2 someone these days, what with facebook ect, and so its greatly apprecaited! :)

I still often wonder if morrissey and kristeen come onto this site just out of curiosity, just 2 have a look?

Goodness knows what they think of me as there fans ! hope there not 2 dissapointed !!!
Mind you, ive never really had chance 2 get started on here proper what with a few ongoing problems ive got!
But should do soon as best able ect !!! :)

Last edited:

welcome back!

If I may be so bold, which city did you see him in? xx

Back
Top Bottom