Getting to the front at Camden...

why will this not be possible?
do 6 day-ers get priority?

1a-axe.gif

why will this not be possible?
do 6 day-ers get priority?

I don't know how many passes are sold, but obviously people bought the pass want to get in before the others.

I won't fight to get in front because there's no use.
The second and third row would be very uncomfortable because the numbers of people pushing behind you.

does anyone know how many 6 day passes were sold? enough that the early entry won't definitely guarantee a front row spot? i'd like to know how early i should show up.

does anyone know how many 6 day passes were sold? enough that the early entry won't definitely guarantee a front row spot? i'd like to know how early i should show up.

Doors open 7:00pm, I think the pass holders will get in 15-30 minutes earlier.

It's not guaranteed front spot, early entry is promised.

I have no idea how many passes are sold by SeeTickets, perhaps people went to LA and NY gigs can give us some info?

Last edited:
i don't know anyone who went to the US shows, and i'm hoping/imagining that very few of these tickets were sold, I mean who in their right mind can afford it??
i imagine that a huge wave of non pass-holders can get their way to the front though...
it's wrong and hugely un-morrissey to give this kind of privalege to people who are financially better off than the majority.
at least this nonsense won't be a dilemma in doncaster!

I had a 5-day pass for New York, there were 200 sold.
Even if you didn't queue early you could easily get to 2nd/3rd row. Only the final night was a bit busier than the other days.
But there were never 200 people there when doors opened.

I had a 5-day pass for New York, there were 200 sold.
Even if you didn't queue early you could easily get to 2nd/3rd row. Only the final night was a bit busier than the other days.
But there were never 200 people there when doors opened.

it's people like you i love..
beacons of hope you are!

you seem pretty bitter. i'm not extremely wealthy but i picked up a 6 day pass. now i'm broke. you don't know everyone's situation so don't say it's wrong just because you're pissed off.

I had the five day pass for NYC, and I still had to queue (no matter what others might say) to get up front.

I'd gladly spend more money to have a better position to see Him.

i haven't a problem with the 6 day passes - however giving people who can afford them priority to access the front over people who can't is quite bitter. and so am i.

I agree. I could never afford to buy all 6. Well done to those of you who did, I hope you all have a great time, but can I ask for you just to stand back a bit on the saturday night so I can get to the front please? ;)

i haven't a problem with the 6 day passes - however giving people who can afford them priority to access the front over people who can't is quite bitter. and so am i.

some of us have saved all year in anticiaption of this, so just get over yourself.
yes it may be 'unfair' but one day you may well be in a position to buy the passes, and boy will you be pissed off if you dont get any 'special treatment'. :p

some of us have saved all year in anticiaption of this, so just get over yourself.
yes it may be 'unfair' but one day you may well be in a position to buy the passes, and boy will you be pissed off if you dont get any 'special treatment'. :p

As if we who don't got six day passes hasn't saved for this? It's not like a forum discussion will ruin that experience.

The information wasn't available at the time the tickets were sold so how should we know? If I buy such a six-day pass it's because I want to see all the shows and not that I need help queuing. I would be happy enough if I got a t-shirt or something similar, but I would still be equally pissed if I got a place that rightfully belonged to someone that had queued longer then me.

Last edited:
The information wasn't available at the time the tickets were sold so how should we know?

Most people knew because just a couple of months ago the same thing happenned with the package deals for LA and New York, where those who had the passes gained early entrance to the shows, plus the London package deal was advertised as giving 'VIP entrance' to the shows. Sorry if you didn't realise what the deal was with these passes, you'll just have to chalk it up to experience - if we suddenly get a '6 night residency in Manchester' (or wherever) announced you'll know the score!

Most people knew because just a couple of months ago the same thing happenned with the package deals for LA and New York, where those who had the passes gained early entrance to the shows, plus the London package deal was advertised as giving 'VIP entrance' to the shows. Sorry if you didn't realise what the deal was with these passes, you'll just have to chalk it up to experience - if we suddenly get a '6 night residency in Manchester' (or wherever) announced you'll know the score!

Well for me VIP entrance wasn't the same thing as early entrance, I've been to shows with this before but it has never included early entrance. I had a hunch since NY & LA but it never was official.

How is it in any way fair that someone, usually 25+ years of age, and in a financial position to be able to spend more on a special 'pass', can get to the front of the 'general standing area', whereas a young person (16-21) cannot (bearing in mind that many fans who are buying these passes will have been of this age when The Smiths were touring - a time that never involved having to worry about getting to the front, ticket touting or such nonsense)?

because we live in a capitalist society where you get what you pay for. sorry.

I have to come out against special privileges. Maybe you saved for it, or maybe you just have more money, but it obviously does give a special consideration to those who pay more money however you look at it. If you can afford it you should enjoy it. I'm not asking anyone to feel guilty. It's just that there is already so much oneupmanship in the Morrissey fan community and this seems to be an endorsement of that.

It seems more in the spirit of Morrissey to let people get to the front by getting there early (though that system seems to have some holes in it) or by working their way through the crowd, and not by getting out their credit card. They might at least be discreet about it so that those of us who might struggle and scrimp to see one show wouldn't feel like the poor relations.

But... I've never been anywhere near him at the shows I've seen and it was still great.

Back
Top Bottom