Get Him to the Greek

Patrick!

And I watch Home Alone...
this was the funniest rock and roll movie i've seen a very long time. if you don't like drugs or breasts you may not be into this flick, but a lot of the songs were penned by carl barat and jarvis cocker and they're all hysterical. the best part of the movie was actually p diddy's breakout performance as sergio, the mindf***ing record exec.

BBC 6 Music played a song sung by Russell last week, but I wasn't impressed.

Hopefully the film is better than my expectations.

the movie worked because the three main characters were all funny in different ways. russell brand is always funny in his excess, jonah hill is always hysterical when he gets fed up and f***in angry, and p diddy was completely unhinged in the movie. i'm not joking when i say that this was p diddy's breakout performance.

Sorry peeps, but even with the affection I have for Russell Brand and the adorable-ness of Jonah Hill, the script was an EPIC FAIL. The many repetitive scenes of drug use could have been used to move the story along or show a little character development but instead stalled it dead each time. The raunchier parts were DRAAAAGGGGGGGED out for uncomfortablenesses sake (as in all Apatow movies) and I thought this would be the exception to my hatred for the genre on the whole, but no. I'm also not a 14-year-old boy, so....

The new songs were cute but not featured enough I felt. T. Rex and the New York Dolls we also on the soundtrack for those interested.

Um...I'll say C-. Maybe C.

Russell Brand's new film 'inspired by Oasis, Mick Jagger, Morrissey' - NME.com

Russell Brand has said his latest film role has been inspired by the likes of Liam and Noel Gallagher, Mick Jagger, David Bowie and Morrissey.

The comic is currently filming for Get Him To The Greek, which sees him reprise his character Aldous Snow from 2008 film Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

In the new film, Snow fronts a band called Infant Sorrow, and when he was asked whether any musicians had inspired the role, he replied: "Lots. Jagger, Keith Richards, Bowie, Morrissey, Noel Gallagher, Liam Gallagher. I'm friendly with some musicians so I'm able to watch them. They're very different from comedians. They're rude - at the least the ones I know. They're so self-assured."

Brand told Comingsoon.net: "I didn't ransack the biography of my musical chums. I felt that would sort of be like grave robbing. I did lots of characteristics and traits from some musicians I know like Morrissey or Noel Gallagher for example."

Sorry peeps, but even with the affection I have for Russell Brand and the adorable-ness of Jonah Hill, the script was an EPIC FAIL. The many repetitive scenes of drug use could have been used to move the story along or show a little character development but instead stalled it dead each time. The raunchier parts were DRAAAAGGGGGGGED out for uncomfortablenesses sake (as in all Apatow movies) and I thought this would be the exception to my hatred for the genre on the whole, but no. I'm also not a 14-year-old boy, so....

The new songs were cute but not featured enough I felt. T. Rex and the New York Dolls we also on the soundtrack for those interested.

Um...I'll say C-. Maybe C.

You're probably 100% right and yet I'll probably really like the movie simply because Russell Brand makes me laugh. Without someone like him this movie would be really bad. I can tell the plot is one we've probably seen more than a few times in our lives.

Brand and the other lead actors in this film have been interviewed briefly on video, during which Brand, at one point snottily, references Morrissey:

- ARTISTdirect.com Get Him to the Greek Exclusive VideosCheck out our exclusive video clips (1) and (2) with the cast of Get Him to the Greek, where ARTISTdirect.com's Rick Florino probes the cast about their musical references and inspirations for this music industry-themed film.

Jonah Hill talks about loving The Strokes when he was 18-years-old and his first concert, which was Maroon 5, under their former name, at the Troubador in Los Angeles. Rose Byrne talks about modeling her pop star character Jackie Q after Lil' Kim, because of her raunchiness and because Kim "goes" for it and how The Beastie Boys were here first concert. Russell Brand talks about how his character, Aldous Snow, is more Mick Jagger than Morrissey. The actors also talk about what would be on their character's playlists. Great questions and super fun answers, so check out the clips! -

They're at
http://www.artistdirect.com/enterta...t-him-to-the-greek-i-exclusive-videos/7073282

Back
Top Bottom