Germany Concert Dates

Leaving Augsburg in two hours heading for Offenbach, it's a 3 1/2 hours drive from here. I'm going with friends, and I'm not sure if they're interested in any pre- or after-gig events (both aren't Moz fans :crazy: and have yet to be converted :rolleyes:).

Looking forward to seeing all you guys this evening. Joe honey, hope you managed to get a ticket.....

Love
-crsp-

No I was not able to score one just yet. Sistasheila has been a sweetheart in trying to get me one, but me not having a cell phone or steady internet access makes things tough for me. But I will see you tonight!

Re: OFFENBACH Pre-/After

I'm probably driving home right after the concert but a meet-up before the gig would be great!

I have never been to Offenbach before but I'd suggest this pub I've found on Qype which isn't very far away from the venue.
It's called "Förster's": http://www.qype.com/place/15241-Foersters-Offenbach. What do you think?
I'll be arriving in the early afternoon around 14.30 or 15.00.

Hi,

sounds fine! klingt gut!
Will be there 5 ish /arrival at Marktplatz 1659/ Schätze, bin um ca 5 da,
be sitting in first part (compartiment?)of the S-Bahn (after the driver)
Wearing 'Your Arsenal Shirt' / mit Your Arsenal Shirt

Fingers crossed for Joe

Looking forward to see you all and esp Walkers Crisp and enjoying Moz!

will the silvewings venue sell out do you think? i went to a night, morris licious or something over a year back, not many there but the bar upstairs was nice.
my post conc the aftershowparty< in berlin in the events ttread last week:
12.06.09 * 22:00 Uhr
Rock-A-Tiki & Xmal80s präsentieren:
MORRISSEY AFTER SHOW PARTY
The Moz! The Smiths! The Polecats! Guitars Galore on 2 Dancefloors!
DeeJays: Crawfish & Ragnar (Xmal80)
und
Robert "The Smiths" Schmidt(Morrisseylicious)
Einlass: 22 Uhr Silverwings

Eintritt: 3,-Euro mit Konzert-Ticket 5,-Euro ohne
meaning: 3 euro with concertticket showing,5 euro when you dont have the ticket anymore

columbia Damm 8, 12101 Berlin (SilverWings Club)
tube station to exit is : platz der luftbrücke (same tubestation as heading for the columbiahalle)
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&sour...13.393664&sspn=0.012465,0.027637&ie=UTF8&z=13
one minute walk
from columbiahalle
columbiadamm 9
columbiahalle
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&sour...2.487824,13.393664&spn=0.012465,0.027637&z=15

a69380a5a1.jpg

www.silverwings.de

ahh the very nice robert ( is djing too..fine
and a good price

for other parties
http://www.berlin030.de/index.php?o...trict=Bezirk&locationList=&Itemid=67&a_page=1
5 pages

here is a site for only queer parties on that day
EDIT:also contains theatre and museums for queer likings
and beside the normal parties there are some ehh lets call them: special parties for men for satisfying certain needs ....:lbf:
http://www.siegessaeule.de/berlin-s...al_controller[sday]=20090612&cHash=6d3aa0980f
i need to find a site who lists regular museums , theatre etc
easiest might just be the berlin daily newspaper listing for that

for a pre gig pub/bar: well..., mehringdamm which is near is kinda the gay mile or at least has lots of gay pubs((and clubs like the legendary schwuz-lovely people there)..so hard to choose
dont know if the straight people feel "comfortable" in there...but there arte stright ones too
also lots of pubs at yorkstrasse, gneisenaustrasse
soo berlin citizens suggest something
otherwise for meet up: for things very near to columbiahalle :there is a chips booth directly behind the tube exit (platz der luftbruecke ) located in the middle of the crossroad.you will see it.
so??

btw : rock a tiki is alovely store for rockabilly clothes
http://www.rock-a-tiki.com/
hmm have they re opened again ( ive heard they did closew their shop and only sell online..hmm they seems to be back again
since you mentioned the morrisseylicious party here(which exists ca since 2006, is monthly, in a venue callled ackerkeller,but theyre not exclusvly playing smiths moz all night)
there is a thread about it, started around 2007
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=68989&highlight=morrisseylicious
the resident dj robert from ackerkellerwill be djing at that night at silverwings
i dont think the silverwings will sold out...its not the infamous star and garter you know;-)

as for a pre gig meet up..I hope the chips booth is still there?last time i was there (this year) it was
otherwise....suggestions very near?
but me not having a cell phone or steady internet access makes things tough for me.!
joe just call him from a phone booth...they are everywhere. on the street...he has written me today that he will be heading to the venue from frankfurt tp offenbach, he hasnt heard of you yet...call him please

Last edited:
Any pre- or post-Köln events planned? Ionly know there is a party on Wednesday at Gebäude9 already...

Any pre- or post-Köln events planned? Ionly know there is a party on Wednesday at Gebäude9 already...

gebäude9.. hab ich bisher nicht mitbekommen..na wenigstes etwas:rolleyes:

Morgen kann ich leider nicht. Gehst du?

ne, ich glaub nicht..habe noch so viel zu tun..auch proben..dnke, eher nicht..schade, dass sonst nichts los ist am donnserstag..kann es kaum fassen:(

About the Berlin show. What time are people getting there to be up front? I was thinking 5pm.

Last edited:
@ allie walls & meduza-perduza..
i left you my number..you never know what happens..
if we could see each other:)

Offenbach war saugeil u. Moz in Topform. Alles andere ist Panikmache.
Super location. Hold on to your german friends, Morrissiiiiiii (as some screaming girls pronounced him).
I missed "All you need is me", "Skull", "Reader" & "Payroll". But what the heck...it was brilliant.

those who went to offenbach..do tell a bit more;-)
(yes ive read the blog posted oin the mainbaord but i want to hear from the poepl from the forum...

edit

taz review

http://www.taz.de/1/leben/musik/artikel/1/\god-bless-you-all-especially-me\/
aaawww:
"God bless you all", sagt Moz zum Abschied mit ironischem Unterton und fügt hinzu: "especially me". Ja, möge er sein talentiertes Erdenkind weiterhin mit Genialität segnen.
das ist doch mal ein netter schlusssatz

Last edited:
Offenbach war saugeil u. Moz in Topform. Alles andere ist Panikmache.
Super location. Hold on to your german friends, Morrissiiiiiii (as some screaming girls pronounced him).
I missed "All you need is me", "Skull", "Reader" & "Payroll". But what the heck...it was brilliant.

Where`s your nick from - do you know Phranc, the american folksinger? Was once (1991) meeting her after the moz concert in Berlin (she was opener) and went to several bars with her and the moz band (without Morrissey)

Yes, it's an obvious play on words with Morrisseys support in 1991. I was too young to be there but I know her shots from "Peepolism" where she indeed poses "frank & open". What is she up to now?

By the way:
Wir können auch Deutsch reden, ich bin aus Mannheim.

Aber Englisch kann ich auch ein wenig:

I don't want to describe every little nuance from yesterday u surely red it (nearly) all before. I stood in the second row (first time in my life with 37!!!) and the power of the first 2 songs was so intensive that it really knocked me off my feet. Everyone in the front row and in the whole fantastic venue, an old jewish synagoge and home of the Who's Tommy musical in the Nineties, was singing along to nearly every line. I caught myself yelling like a teen, waving, dancing, twistin (the loop) & nearly crying. Hard to choose the right words in another language.
I saw him 3 times live since 1999 but this was the best concert by far. Always good tho have people around you who are also 100% into it.
As stated, I missed a few favorites which I thought he would play but people were fullfilled nevertheless.

Morrissey concerts in Germany are still thin on the ground. U can count them with two hands in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Offenbach was a great gig - the venue was packed! We got there late (due to a nasty traffic jam on the A8 grrr) and only managed to get a spot at the back, but the floor was elevated there and we had a reasonably good view. Not much dancing in the back rows though - I got told off by my static, po-faced neighbour for moving around too much :crazy:, as a consequence I annoyed him even more by singing right into his ear.

Unfortunately we had to leave right after the gig because my friend's GF wasn't feeling well, so sorry i missed Joe and Quiffaa.....:(.

Best show of the tour for me so far (yes, even better than the two Manchester gigs...imo).

Best show of the tour for me so far (yes, even better than the two Manchester gigs...imo).

Wow, that's a powerfull message! I really got the feeling too, to be part of something special during yestedays concert. Much better then last time at the Jahrhunderthalle Franfurt (12/2006) which was too big for him., I think.

Yes, it's an obvious play on words with Morrisseys support in 1991. I was too young to be there but I know her shots from "Peepolism" where she indeed poses "frank & open". What is she up to now?[\QUOTE]
  • sometimes does new folk songs,

• day job as a tupperware salesperson (sad but true)
more here http://www.informationdelight.info/encyclopedia/entry/TV/Phranc
I stood in the second row
Boz Side - centerish? If so, then we shared the same area!!!

Sadly haven't met Walkers Crisp, Joe and Sven68 (was probably to late at 'Försters' due to the rain) :tears:

One of the best concerts, very energetic, RRRocky, v lovely people and loving atmosphere esp in the first 3 rows centre. (2 guys shared threads (literally!) from the white shirt cuff (Ärmelfäden) and made people happy, people reserved standing space for those who went for the loo, no bickering), lovely small hall

Cannot describe the Moz experience
(reason a) : been to dentist, aenesthetics ->)uberdizzy
(reason b) : waves of mozaftereffects roll over me
... general WoW!ness, Bliss, floating

the My heart is full ...ness

quoting what I wrote this morning in the frink thread

'moz at offenbach was just the swoon.
where else could I post this :
after the gig, I felt just like after v orgasmic sex,
wanting to go and come all over again.

Last edited:
see you tomorrow:thumb: