German venue help please!

Yes you have to be careful with the airports.
There are 3 Berlin airports and 2 Hamburg airports. But hey - the airfares are cheap! It's the same for foreigners landing at 'London Stanstead' or 'London Luton' and finding out they are not on the doorstep of Buckingham Palace!
The Hamburg airport Luebeck is about 1 hour 15 mins on a coach laid on by Ryan Air but only costs 8 euros.
Ryan Air are good at this, in the last year I have been to Rome and Barcalona and landed at small out of town airports but they provide cheap buses straight into the centre of each city.
And no, I am not rich, just the prices are cheap as chips!

Checked the Blackpool link to Stanstead and they were late at night and didnt match at all.

The Goat

Will BErlin sell out (the gig not the flights, I hasten to add)

Does anyone reckon there'll be a few Xmas UK gigs as it'll be cheaper? (Yes I am greedy!)
Though the thought of going to Berlin for a ridiculously cheap price is extremely tempting, especially the week before Christmas.

However, as an environmentalist we should all stop taking cheap flights. And recycle our teabags. No not teabagging, teabags. (You can get 3 cups out of Typhoo if you try hard enough and PG Pyramids......)

And does anyone think that ROTT failed in European sales expectations hence the multitude of European gigs? (as for the States, did it sell any??? :D

Also, their sickbags are emblazoned with "Vielen Dank fuer Ihre Kritik", which amused me endlessly

Priceless! I'd give you 200 Pounds for making me laugh out loud before going to bed so you could go to see the concerts (to everybody: Berlin Arena highly recommended! If possible: Don't go to Düsseldorf... the Philipshalle sucks)... if I could. The richest of the poor: count me in.

35 euro postage!!!! Are they having a laugh?? Bastards.

You mean Eventim asks 35 Euro just for sending you those bloody tickets??? Did I get that right? What the...? I would sent them to you if you wish (I guess that would be about 3 Euro or so), I just don't know how that's supposed to work out. Maybe you have an idea. And I write those bastards tomorrow... 35 Euro is just ludicrous.

Have you seen the size of the orchestra pit on the floor plan? Think I'll pay a bit more & go direct to Berlin.

It says it's a podium, so it might be removable. Since Janis Joplin played her only german gig there I can't imagine it being otherwise.

Horrendous fee for sending the tickets but there must be another way
You might check http://www.tickets-per-post.de/tickets-per-post/Main.php? or
check the site of the concert agency http://www.mlk.com/ticket-info.html to find local places to buy
Get a german friend to pick reserved and payed tickets for you (in Frankfurt it's at Saturn Store )
Or trust that it wont sell out and book your travel arrangements

On the environment do the Quaker thing and plant a tree!
Donate a tree or two in Kenya as compensation for the CO-2 emissions if you have to fly.
BYM (Britain Yearly Meeting) is collecting british contributions for ‘Trees for Africa’ at Friends House, Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ. Money goes via Quaker Hulp (NL) .
Info at http://fwccemes.org/documents/files/among-friends-92.pdf page 5 and http://www.quaker.org/fwcc/EMES/AmongFriends93.pdf scroll down page 3

Last edited:
You mean Eventim asks 35 Euro just for sending you those bloody tickets??? Did I get that right? What the...? I would sent them to you if you wish (I guess that would be about 3 Euro or so), I just don't know how that's supposed to work out. Maybe you have an idea. And I write those bastards tomorrow... 35 Euro is just ludicrous.

Thanks for that but I didnt notice until I had already paid. Practically another ticket!

Can anyone confirm if there is only 1 arena in Berlin? I;d like to stay very close to the venue and I found this hotel http://www.parkplaza.com/webExtra.d...utDayMonthYear=12/18/2006&selectedBrandCodes=
that says it is 200m from Berlin Arena - is this Treptow arena? Only 45 euro for a 4 * hotel! I hope its close!
(I have emailed the hotel to ask them but no reply so far)

I am sorry, this hotel isn't close to Arena Treptow.
Actually, I have no idea what this "Berlin Arena" is supposed to be but it is not the venue Morrissey is supposed to perform. You should book a room in Kreuzberg or Friedrichshain. Subway-station (U-Bahn) Schlesisches Tor or S-Bahn-station Treptower Park should be close.
Since I live there I don't know any hotels. But I would help you finding your way. Just pm me.

I know I say this every time but...am I the only Morrissey fan who isn't rich?!

Certainly not!
I've decided to starve until christmas, in order to travel from Norway to Glasgow and see him between my exams.
There are some things in life you just have to afford...

I am sorry, this hotel isn't close to Arena Treptow.
Actually, I have no idea what this "Berlin Arena" is supposed to be but it is not the venue Morrissey is supposed to perform. You should book a room in Kreuzberg or Friedrichshain. Subway-station (U-Bahn) Schlesisches Tor or S-Bahn-station Treptower Park should be close.
Since I live there I don't know any hotels. But I would help you finding your way. Just pm me.

Thanks very much for that. I'll keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom