George Lucas Sells Star Wars

D

DAVIE

Disney now owns Star Wars apparently and they plan to make a 7th film.

What an absolute joke! The whole idea of Star Wars is based upon Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. Why make a 7th film when the character is dead!?
I actually have no objection with them making another Star Wars film, but it should not be classed within the actual Star Wars saga. Can you really make the saga any worse than what it's already become?

I have a bad feeling about this...

What an absolute joke! The whole idea of Star Wars is based upon Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. Why make a 7th film when the character is dead!?
I actually have no objection with them making another Star Wars film, but it should not be classed within the actual Star Wars saga. Can you really make the saga any worse than what it's already become?

As ridiculous as the next three films will be, does it really make a difference to you? I take it you're a big fan...and you should be. But those original three films, in their original versions, are always going to be great. Nothing Lucas can do to sodomize the artistic cohesion of his legacy -and God knows he's a no-lube kind of guy and it's become a bloody mess- will ever change that.

Don't want three more films? Don't see them. I understand your ire, but this is how things work: money. Very few people will choose art over cash. VERY few.

Just be thankful that those first three films exist; particularly the first two. No amount of superfluous, retroactive special effects, re-editing, unnecessary overdubbing, horrible sequels, bad cartoon spin offs, etc. can destroy what those films mean to so many people. Not everyone is a total idiot...and deep down Lucas knows it. So don't let what he's done bother you...

Some babies are born with their lungs on the outside of their bodies, Davie. There are far worse tragedies in the world than Disney helping Lucas take another shit on his reputation.

Why does George Lucas need any more money? :confused:

why? Its a 'brand' for making money and always has been.

anyway.....

tumblr_m8ixzugyU11qady5mo2_500.gif

Why does George Lucas need any more money? :confused:

tumblr_mbspn911zC1qady5mo2_r1_250.gif

There are far worse tragedies in the world than Disney helping Lucas take another shit on his reputation.

tumblr_lyn3pl9rHK1qady5mo6_r3_250.gif

Some babies are born with their lungs on the outside of their bodies, Davie. There are far worse tragedies in the world than Disney helping Lucas take another shit on his reputation.

I'm only trying to inject some discussion and light hearted debate in the forum :(

I actually thought some people here had similiar views on Star Wars and George Lucas. Just me then! :rolleyes:

I'm only trying to inject some discussion and light hearted debate in the forum :(

I actually thought some people here had similiar views on Star Wars and George Lucas. Just me then! :rolleyes:

Loved the first three films as a youngster. Wasn't particularly interested by the time the next lot rolled around but , dear me , weren't they stinkers ! From the "cutesy kid" of the first ( or should that be fourth ? ) to the embarrassing acting of Ol'-Wooden-Eyes a.k.a Hayden Christiansen in the second ... just a clusterf*** !

Even if the seventh film makes no sense as a serial episode , at least it surely won't feature the various horrors of the previous three e.g. which film was it that featured Yoda flying in , Apocalypse Now-style , on some space-age helicopter gunship ? To rescue some of the dancing ninja troupe ?

The analogy just came to mind : the lightsabre fight scenes in the three prequels reminded me of the film version of West Side Story ... you know , all that ostentatiously choreographed spinning and swivelling and tumbling ...

Last edited:
why? Its a 'brand' for making money and always has been.

Well this is true and it's not true.

Occasionally something genuinely artistically great can come along which also, freakishly, happens to catch on with the masses and make huge amounts of money. But it's rare. The Beatles, Star Wars, whatever examples you wanna throw in. But I wouldn't reduce the original run of the franchise to a "brand for making money." Not intrinsically anyway, although obviously that was a goal or a hope for Lucas...which is fine. I just think it's sad that the money aspect became so important for him that he has done so much to bloat things.

7478320.bin

This is the real Sith Lord! I can't believe the Jedi couldn't sense it :D

Back
Top Bottom