George Bush in favor of turning over US ports to terrorists?

P

pie.

This shows the War on Terror to be the huge lie that Bush critics have claimed it is. It also makes some of the crazier theories floating around about who is REALLY responsible for the 9/11 attacks seem a little more credible.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/25/port.security/index.html?section=cnn_world

UAE history

Critics say the UAE has had questionable ties to terrorists in the past and that its banking hub in Dubai was used to funnel money linked to the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C.

There is concern among some that allowing the company to operate some terminals in U.S. ports will compromise national security, but the White House and DHS have vehemently defended the transaction.

It's not gonna happen. They're going to find a way to not do the deal with Dubai. Some other company'll step in. At least it's got the Republicans and Democrats working together!

Seriously?

The UAE is about the size of Leeds.

Not often I agree with the US Government.

the floodgates open and terrorists pour into the country

> It's not gonna happen. They're going to find a way to not do the deal with
> Dubai. Some other company'll step in. At least it's got the Republicans
> and Democrats working together!

Sadly, it looks as if this IS going to happen. George W has said he'll veto any attempt of congress to block this from happening. He's going to allow it no matter what the people have to say about it.

My favorite George W. quote from this whole fiasco... "This deal wouldn't go through if I was concerned for the security of the United States". So what is he telling us, that he's NOT concerned for US safety??

They claim that US security will still inspect any incoming cargo, just as it always has, but the truth is that only 7% of incoming shipping containers are inspected. That leaves 93% of incoming cargo containers free for terrorists to camp out in, or to plant dirty bombs in.

Dubai is also responsible for shipping nuclear materials to N. Korea. It'll be interesting to see what sort of things they ship to US soil once this deal goes through.

> It's not gonna happen. They're going to find a way to not do the deal with
> Dubai. Some other company'll step in. At least it's got the Republicans
> and Democrats working together!
I don't have much hope because Unfortunatly Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Co.is not an American company.

Re: Seriously?

> The UAE is about the size of Leeds.

> Not often I agree with the US Government.

I can't quite get the meaning of this. It doesn't really matter how big they are. It's the resources they control. More than that, it is an insult and an outrage because of the things that have been done in the name of the War On Terror. Things like the Patriot Act, illegal spying on US citizens by our own government, prisoners held for years with no charge, secret prisons in Europe, a constant attempt to terrorize the citizens into giving up their constitutional rights, all of these things done because we are in danger from an outside threat, and then they want to let these people with ties to terrorism operate on US soil? It doesn't make sense.

Re: Seriously?

> I can't quite get the meaning of this.

I mean the UAE has no ties to terrorism other than it being an Arab state.
Though they do own an airline. That a terrorist may once have used. Does that count?

> It doesn't really matter how big
> they are. It's the resources they control.

Well they are a rich Arab country. Which surely makes it less likely that they would harbour terrorists. They have too much at stake.

More than that, it is an insult
> and an outrage because of the things that have been done in the name of
> the War On Terror. Things like the Patriot Act, illegal spying on US
> citizens by our own government, prisoners held for years with no charge,
> secret prisons in Europe, a constant attempt to terrorize the citizens
> into giving up their constitutional rights, all of these things done
> because we are in danger from an outside threat, and then they want to let
> these people with ties to terrorism operate on US soil? It doesn't make
> sense.

Well like I said, it's not often I agree with the US Government.

Back
Top Bottom