Geoff Travis on the Morrissey of today

(Originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread)

Rough around the edges: Former Smiths record label manager talks about his latest batch of Irish acts

"The first question you must of course ask Geoff Travis is what he thinks of Morrissey’s ongoing descent into far-right notoriety. Back in 1980s Travis discovered The Smiths and, with his record label Rough Trade, helped propel Moz toward gladioli-flourishing immortality. How long ago that must seem — how bittersweet the memories.

“Not bitter, no,” says Travis. “It was one of those periods that went by in a flash. Morrissey wasn’t the person he now seems to be. He was an interesting character to be around. As a band, The Smiths were an unstoppable force. A lot of years have gone by. I don’t think I’d recognise the Morrissey of today. It’s sad what he’s become, in terms of his views.”"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...ut-his-latest-batch-of-irish-acts-963182.html

full

A brief Morrissey segue in to the article's title.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one cares about Anne Marie Waters. Her 5 minutes of of (not even) fame went up in flames before it ever got her any real POLITICAL power. But good on her for being a militant vegan. We need MORE militancy not LESS.

As for Murray, he is a run of the mill neocon and white supremacist who yearns for E.M. Forsters England. Nothing to see here.

No one cares about Anne Marie Waters. Her 5 minutes of of (not even) fame went up in flames before it ever got her any real POLITICAL power. But good on her for being a militant vegan. We need MORE militancy not LESS.

As for Murray, he is a run of the mill neocon and white supremacist who yearns for E.M. Forsters England. Nothing to see here.

Douglas Murray's a white supremacist? That's funny.

Douglas Murray's a white supremacist? That's funny.

In his quiet way, he is. Although I think his main motivation is hating the way some on the liberal-left ignore or enable militant Islam. Which is more justifiable than his barking theory about Europe dying & being replaced by the house of Saud.

In his quiet way, he is. Although I think his main motivation is hating the way some on the liberal-left ignore or enable militant Islam. Which is more justifiable than his barking theory about Europe dying & being replaced by the house of Saud.

All sane people should condemn Mohammed Bin Salman and the fact that Saudi Arabia is an autocratic regime ruled by a f***ing lunatic. MBS ordered the killing and dismemberment of another human being IN BROAD f***ING DAYLIGHT inside of an EMBASSY. Barbarians.

All sane people should condemn Mohammed Bin Salman and the fact that Saudi Arabia is an autocratic regime ruled by a f***ing lunatic. MBS ordered the killing and dismemberment of another human being IN BROAD f***ING DAYLIGHT inside of an EMBASSY. Barbarians.

I agree he's terrible. But the idea that he's conquering Europe by bunging cash at a few Mosques in between shopping trips is ridiculous.

A Jewish record label owner is not shocking. People still want to pretend Jews don't run mainstream entertainment/propaganda

They don't run entertainment & they don't use it for propaganda. It just happens to be a profession that was was always open to Jewish people when other professions were closed or difficult to prosper in. It's also why there used to be so many gay people in the arts.

They don't run entertainment & they don't use it for propaganda. It just happens to be a profession that was was always open to Jewish people when other professions were closed or difficult to prosper in. It's also why there used to be so many gay people in the arts.
Is that why they have such powerful organisations?

You are out of your depth here.

Every food item americans pay for a part of it goes to wealthy jews but you'd have known that if you weren't a lying cheating jew wanting to hide that fact from the public.

Skinny, are you reviving your old Inspector Clouseau troll alias username?
He is and he's the only one using the word fantasist which is not a real word unless you count words used by commoners who pretend they have an education.

Look in the Liverpool banner thread.

If any psychiatrist used that word they would be barred from the profession.

I agree. Also I think Morrissey believes that his opinions are based on facts, so I think, if people could stop condemning him for five minutes, they could probably persuade him he was wrong about some of it.

I doubt it honestly. Morrissey strikes me as emotional and impulsive, and not really the rational type. I also doubt he can easily persuaded to change his (political) views. He is very hard headed, that has worked in his favor at times, though not always. I also can't help noticing a pattern in his behavior, where he says something shocking and is probably aware of it, and then shuts himself completely off when the shit storm hits. That's how he behaves publicly, and I struggle to think he would be different privately, but this is just my opinion and I don't claim to know him. If we are lucky, he'll write a great song about being hated on social media, like Speedway and Maladjusted before (to name a few).

The list is endless & mostly unproven since he's always saying contradictory things but in general, it's that he supports Brexit, Anne Marie Waters & For Britain (Far Right, but he has said he thinks she's unifying the left & the right), Israel (he doesn't) & Harvey Weinstein & Kevin Spacey (he just speculated) & he's against Halal slaughter & open borders.

He also seems to believe that crimes committed by Muslims are covered up by Western governments (they have been a little bit) & he recommended Douglas Murray, who believes that Saudi backed Islamic ultra-conservatives are taking over Europe aided by West-hating Marxists. Which is mad, but it's published by Bloomsbury, so I'd blame them rather than Morrissey.

Wait a minute, the Saudis sponsoring ultra-conservative Islam in Europe is a fact that is true. The Saudis sponsored the main mosque here in Brussels for decades, and everybody knew it. But our lame politicians didn't act….until the terrorist attacks of 2016. Saudi Arabia really has an ugly regime, but they are very rich and influential.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom