Geoff Travis on the Morrissey of today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Nov 16, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Nov 16, 2019 at 11:52 AM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

(Originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread)

Rough around the edges: Former Smiths record label manager talks about his latest batch of Irish acts

"The first question you must of course ask Geoff Travis is what he thinks of Morrissey’s ongoing descent into far-right notoriety. Back in 1980s Travis discovered The Smiths and, with his record label Rough Trade, helped propel Moz toward gladioli-flourishing immortality. How long ago that must seem — how bittersweet the memories.

“Not bitter, no,” says Travis. “It was one of those periods that went by in a flash. Morrissey wasn’t the person he now seems to be. He was an interesting character to be around. As a band, The Smiths were an unstoppable force. A lot of years have gone by. I don’t think I’d recognise the Morrissey of today. It’s sad what he’s become, in terms of his views.”"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...ut-his-latest-batch-of-irish-acts-963182.html

[​IMG]

A brief Morrissey segue in to the article's title.
    Regards,
    FWD.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      :rolleyes:

Okay Clouseau.
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I thought Morrissey enjoyed the money he made as the Lyricist and frontman of The Smiths.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      No one cares about Anne Marie Waters. Her 5 minutes of of (not even) fame went up in flames before it ever got her any real POLITICAL power. But good on her for being a militant vegan. We need MORE militancy not LESS.

As for Murray, he is a run of the mill neocon and white supremacist who yearns for E.M. Forsters England. Nothing to see here.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    4. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      Ere......their success gave them the money...their popularity. ie the punters. Us.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      Skinny, are you reviving your old Inspector Clouseau troll alias username?
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      Douglas Murray's a white supremacist? That's funny.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Nerak
      Nerak
      I always like to hunt for clues.
      • Troll Troll x 2
    8. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      I am, indeed, very funny.
    9. Nerak
      Nerak
      In his quiet way, he is. Although I think his main motivation is hating the way some on the liberal-left ignore or enable militant Islam. Which is more justifiable than his barking theory about Europe dying & being replaced by the house of Saud.
      • Troll Troll x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      All sane people should condemn Mohammed Bin Salman and the fact that Saudi Arabia is an autocratic regime ruled by a fucking lunatic. MBS ordered the killing and dismemberment of another human being IN BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT inside of an EMBASSY. Barbarians.
    11. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      Leave my Steve alone!
      • Like Like x 1
    12. GodEmperorMorrissey
      GodEmperorMorrissey
      A Jewish record label owner is not shocking. People still want to pretend Jews don't run mainstream entertainment/propaganda
      • Troll Troll x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    13. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      Well..............https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/11135/barcelona-process
    14. Nerak
      Nerak
      • Troll Troll x 1
    15. Nerak
      Nerak
      I agree he's terrible. But the idea that he's conquering Europe by bunging cash at a few Mosques in between shopping trips is ridiculous.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    16. Nerak
      Nerak
      They don't run entertainment & they don't use it for propaganda. It just happens to be a profession that was was always open to Jewish people when other professions were closed or difficult to prosper in. It's also why there used to be so many gay people in the arts.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Is that why they have such powerful organisations?

You are out of your depth here.
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Every food item americans pay for a part of it goes to wealthy jews but you'd have known that if you weren't a lying cheating jew wanting to hide that fact from the public.
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      He is and he's the only one using the word fantasist which is not a real word unless you count words used by commoners who pretend they have an education.

Look in the Liverpool banner thread.

If any psychiatrist used that word they would be barred from the profession.
    20. Mayfly
      Mayfly
      I doubt it honestly. Morrissey strikes me as emotional and impulsive, and not really the rational type. I also doubt he can easily persuaded to change his (political) views. He is very hard headed, that has worked in his favor at times, though not always. I also can't help noticing a pattern in his behavior, where he says something shocking and is probably aware of it, and then shuts himself completely off when the shit storm hits. That's how he behaves publicly, and I struggle to think he would be different privately, but this is just my opinion and I don't claim to know him. If we are lucky, he'll write a great song about being hated on social media, like Speedway and Maladjusted before (to name a few).