Geoff Travis on the Morrissey of today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Nov 16, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Nov 16, 2019 at 11:52 AM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

(Originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread)

Rough around the edges: Former Smiths record label manager talks about his latest batch of Irish acts

"The first question you must of course ask Geoff Travis is what he thinks of Morrissey’s ongoing descent into far-right notoriety. Back in 1980s Travis discovered The Smiths and, with his record label Rough Trade, helped propel Moz toward gladioli-flourishing immortality. How long ago that must seem — how bittersweet the memories.

“Not bitter, no,” says Travis. “It was one of those periods that went by in a flash. Morrissey wasn’t the person he now seems to be. He was an interesting character to be around. As a band, The Smiths were an unstoppable force. A lot of years have gone by. I don’t think I’d recognise the Morrissey of today. It’s sad what he’s become, in terms of his views.”"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...ut-his-latest-batch-of-irish-acts-963182.html

[​IMG]

A brief Morrissey segue in to the article's title.
    Regards,
    FWD.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Are you a femoid by any chance? Because you're certainly acting like one.
    2. Nerak
      Nerak
      Sasha is a lovely man & all he's advocating is for platforms to be treated as publishers, so that some standards apply.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      LOL

It would be fun to have your brain and eyes for 5 minutes and look at the world all distorted and unable to see reality. I bet a lot of people have tried to tell you things between the lines but failed.

Taking as long as you did yo answer tells me all I need to know cause despite taking your time that was all you could come up with.

Thanks for providing almost endless entertainment here.
    4. Nerak
      Nerak
      I didn't see your post till I answered it.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Liar liar pants on fire.
    6. Anonymous