Morrissey Central "GENTLE, GENTLE GENTLENESS" (April 23, 2023)

GENTLE, GENTLE GENTLENESS

0-3.jpeg

“God come down if you're really there
Well, you're the one who claims to care

Little lamb on a hill
Run fast if you can
Good Christians they want to kill you
And your life has not even begun
You're just like me
Just like me
Oh your life has not even begun”

Last edited:
if one designer can use products which arent harmful to animals then why cant all designers do the same.

Last edited:
I Googled the line 'Gentle, gentle gentleness' and a similar line from the poem Autobiography by the Irish poet Louis MacNeice came up:

'My mother wore a yellow dress
Gently, gently, gentleness'

which is a nice thought for Spring, although the poem is rather sad.

I also Googled Stella to see what's new and found she's been made a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) by Charles the Turd. She's also used horses from a French military academy in her fashion show. She persists in trying to make things look like leather or fur as if that's a good thing. She eats icecream on holiday in Italy. There was a time when I thought all Morrissey's associates would be intelligent, attractive and vegan, but I don't think I've discovered even one who fits this description.

Honestly, save all your criticisms. She’s doing much more than most designers. If Moz endorses her then we should be cool with her too.

Honestly, save all your criticisms. She’s doing much more than most designers. If Moz endorses her then we should be cool with her too.
Criticisms or facts? Here are some more: Stella is a keen horse-rider, purely for recreation; the brand is a luxury one (the yellow dress in the shop window, for example, costs £1,150), hence unaffordable to most people; Stella has brought four children into the world, which is surely de trop; and she got her start in fashion design as a 16-year old intern at Christian Lacroix, which, if not because of her famous family, I really can't see why this would happen. I am struggling to see how this is someone Morrissey can or should endorse in any real sense.

Criticisms or facts? Here are some more: Stella is a keen horse-rider, purely for recreation; the brand is a luxury one (the yellow dress in the shop window, for example, costs £1,150), hence unaffordable to most people; Stella has brought four children into the world, which is surely de trop; and she got her start in fashion design as a 16-year old intern at Christian Lacroix, which, if not because of her famous family, I really can't see why this would happen. I am struggling to see how this is someone Morrissey can or should endorse in any real sense.

I want to know what kind of a perfect world you're living in? Your expectations are no one else's issues. Who are you to come here and criticize Morrissey's choice of values?

Moz himself wasn't a vegan until relatively recently... no one's perfect. She advances the cause of animals for sure.

Easy. Stella makes cruel free clothing and shoes. Advocates for a cleaner and better world where animals are treated equally to humans. She rides horses, but that’s not cruel. Most horses can hold up to 300lbs and (0h, I’m) guessing Stella is nowhere near weighing that. And she doesn’t race them. As for the rest, Morrissey loves children and as being able to be an intern for Christian Luacroix, well…who do you need to know…?

Seriously?
The McCartney family are probably the most famous vegetarians and animal rights activists in the world, with a 40-year legacy of tireless campaigning, and you're picking fault because Stella has a few kids and rides horses?
Most of the McCartneys are involved in animal rights in some fashion, whether it's Paul directly, Linda's frozen food line, Stella's clothing, Mary's cookbooks, etc. And I mean genuinely involved - actively helping people to make better choices, giving them alternatives, not just passively whining that the world isn't the way they'd like it to be. Morrissey won PETA's Linda McCartney Memorial Award in 2005 and was pen pals with her. His friend Chrissie Hynde was very close to the McCartneys. There are tons of reasons why he would rightly recognise their impact on animal rights and it goes well beyond Stella.

chrissie.png

Last edited:
Moz himself wasn't a vegan until relatively recently... no one's perfect. She advances the cause of animals for sure.

Yep, advancin' is so important.
It's like when Moz sang Meat Is Murder and he made
a lot of folks aware about what they're really doin'.
Now Stella is showin' folks how ya can have miles of
style without exploitin' other livin' creatures.
Ya got keep advancin' and makin' folks aware.
:thumb:

Seriously?
The McCartney family are probably the most famous vegetarians and animal rights activists in the world, with a 40-year legacy of tireless campaigning, and you're picking fault because Stella has a few kids and rides horses?
Most of the McCartneys are involved in animal rights in some fashion, whether it's Paul directly, Linda's frozen food line, Stella's clothing, Mary's cookbooks, etc. And I mean genuinely involved - actively helping people to make better choices, giving them alternatives, not just passively whining that the world isn't the way they'd like it to be. Morrissey won PETA's Linda McCartney Memorial Award in 2005 and was pen pals with her. His friend Chrissie Hynde was very close to the McCartneys. There are tons of reasons why he would rightly recognise their impact on animal rights and it goes well beyond Stella.

View attachment 90632
Exactly. The McCartney's impact on animal rights has been huge (as has been Moz's). Stella's has made a real difference in the fashion world, by having Adidas make leather free shoes (or whatever it was) and in general making a point of trying to use cruelty free products. Of course he'd endorse her.

I wonder if the McCartney's involvement in animal rights was influenced by Meat is Murder. They were vegetarians since the early 70's but only began to get involved in a more active way in the late 80's.

Never trust the children of millionaires. Morrissey is cancelled for many years now and desperate with zero good taste, rather like those famous cardboard sausages.
Chrissie Hynde, maccartney -the old one, morrissey,marr, they are all Pinocchios. Thinking they are King's but they all have very long ugly noses. I 100% denounce them all. Adinfinitum

Easy. Stella makes cruel free clothing and shoes. Advocates for a cleaner and better world where animals are treated equally to humans. She rides horses, but that’s not cruel. Most horses can hold up to 300lbs and (0h, I’m) guessing Stella is nowhere near weighing that. And she doesn’t race them. As for the rest, Morrissey loves children and as being able to be an intern for Christian Luacroix, well…who do you need to know…?
Paul McCartney also rides horses... as did Linda.

Maybe the thing to focus is not this promotion of Stella's brand (a brand which doesn't seem to include the shoes she designed for him anymore and is after all only for rich people) but on the fact that this is a photo of her London store, therefore implying that Morrissey is in London or was recently perhaps. Is this significant? In relation to this week, I mean.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom