General site operation thread

Re: Article: Identification of Bradley Steyn - true-to-you.net

You're the one stumbling from one nightmare to the next. And as with all nightmares it's all happening inside your head....... and Uncle Skinny's.

Primary diagnosis: Ineffectual Middle-Aged Man Syndrome, with a secondary condition of Hypocrisy.

Genius posting! Says it all really.

Gotta give you credit keene.. unlike most idiots who praise their own posts.. you at least logged out of your actual account first.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. No one here is complaining about his right to post it, they are criticizing and discussing his choice of doing so. People may personally insult each other here but posting personal details of someone is certainly not encouraged.

So the Morrissey has aids-'story' from a few months ago was fair game? How is that not personal?
It is baffling to see David T and Uncle P fighting their corner together here, both trying every trick in the book to make themselves look good and Morrissey look bad.
But the evidence is there for everyone with eyes to see.

Appalling, truly appalling.

So the Morrissey has aids-'story' from a few months ago was fair game? How is that not personal?
It is baffling to see David T and Uncle P fighting their corner together here, both trying every trick in the book to make themselves look good and Morrissey look bad.
But the evidence is there for everyone with eyes to see.

Appalling, truly appalling.

nytimes-logo.jpg

This is the motto of the New York Times. David posts ALL THE NEWS. He doesn't determine whether it's fit to print. I think that's the crux of the argument here. Some are calling for him to be more discerning of what is news and what is gossip/slander.

davidt wrote :
People may personally insult each other here but posting personal details of someone is certainly not encouraged
People are pointing out it's not cool / unwise to post personal details like someone's Facebook details. I don't see anyone encouraging that to other users here. If they are, show me some evidence.

Here is some very recent evidence:
On this site, in the thread following the show in Denver, CO (May 17, 2014) :

Someone (an ANONYMOUS of course...) explicitely wrote down the full name of a french fan they considered responsible for a stage accident. His identity has been given away. From there, he got totally insulted, and the thread got filled with french hatred.
You let that go. You should have moderated that, and erased the post with the name. You did nothing.

So yes pointing on Brad Steyn isn't right. But the same happens here, and you let it go.

nytimes-logo.jpg

This is the motto of the New York Times. David posts ALL THE NEWS. He doesn't determine whether it's fit to print. I think that's the crux of the argument here. Some are calling for him to be more discerning of what is news and what is gossip/slander.

Libel, not slander. Slander is spoken (heard). Libel is written (published).

Gotta give you credit keene.. unlike most idiots who praise their own posts.. you at least logged out of your actual account first.

You want some attention? I'm here....and I only post with my real name. My name is keene....mr. bored.

By the way,....what's the name of that song? The one that Morrissey can't stand...that's stuck in his head?

Do you have an interpretation....or you just don't know....what does it mean?. Go to the other discussion, you know where it is.....

Libel, not slander. Slander is spoken (heard). Libel is written (published).

Will someone please just shoot me in the head.

You want some attention? I'm here....and I only post with my real name. My name is keene....mr. bored.

By the way,....what's the name of that song? The one that Morrissey can't stand...that's stuck in his head?

Do you have an interpretation....or you just don't know....what does it mean?. Go to the other discussion, you know where it is.....

japanese-lady.gif
why aren't you posting with your real name? why? keene is not a real name. why you do dis? why?
japanese-lady.gif

japanese-show-door-knob-2.gif

japanese-lady.gif
why aren't you posting with your real name? why? keene is not a real name. why you do dis? why?
japanese-lady.gif

japanese-show-door-knob-2.gif

We all know you want attention.

How about it "Viva Los Little Boy", why don't you send me another private message slamming gays..or racist or homophobic slur.....come on bring it.

I don't give a damn. I guess you are one of the moderators of this site.

Viva Hate.....that song of the siren....... must be screaming in your ear right now.

You gotta make a lot of noise to keep the truth at bay......the grinning skull is right over your shoulder....

You mean this post below? We all know this is the truth....and david t, especially knows this....

david t....come on. How are you being harassed here?. You just keep the ball rolling don't you. This is what you wanted all along .....recognition by Morrissey.

You thought he was a God in your teens....you never forgave him when you found out he was human.

You want some attention? I'm here....and I only post with my real name. My name is keene......

You are obsessed with this name bullshit.

What is your full name? Keene is so common as to be worthless. It is no different to someone calling themselves Jones. Full name, or shut up about it.

Regardless of whether or not he approves, my question is - does he think Morrissey has the right to say it?

I'm surprised you need this explaining to you again.

Does Morrissey have the right to wish death on someone?

Lets start with "Context is everything". Meaning what is "appropriate" given the circumstance and the medium

then lets follow that with a general nod towards freedom of speech. We all like freedom of speech don't we, with some restrictions of course.

Now lets get specific:

Morrissey is making a slightly camp grandiose comment about a critical writer in an interview. Whilst it may be considered as somewhat off colour ultimately the humour comes across.

On a moderated internet forum with guidelines and rules the inference may be different. So you end up comparing things that are very different for subtle reason.

To just address every point with "Yeah but Morrissey said in 1987...." is to just dodge the point being made and deliberately cloud the waters.

If you think its a bad thing to do (and you obliviously do as you are highly critical of Morrissey) then don't use him as justification just don't do those things.

I'm surprised you need this explaining to you again.

Does Morrissey have the right to wish death on someone?

Lets start with "Context is everything". Meaning what is "appropriate" given the circumstance and the medium

then lets follow that with a general nod towards freedom of speech. We all like freedom of speech don't we, with some restrictions of course.

Now lets get specific:

Morrissey is making a slightly camp grandiose comment about a critical writer in an interview. Whilst it may be considered as somewhat off colour ultimately the humour comes across.

On a moderated internet forum with guidelines and rules the inference may be different. So you end up comparing things that are very different for subtle reason.

To just address every point with "Yeah but Morrissey said in 1987...." is to just dodge the point being made and deliberately cloud the waters.

If you think its a bad thing to do (and you obliviously do as you are highly critical of Morrissey) then don't use him as justification just don't do those things.
That's too logical...david t can't follow that.

You are obsessed with this name bullshit.

What is your full name? Keene is so common as to be worthless. It is no different to someone calling themselves Jones. Full name, or shut up about it.

You shut up....this guy, calls himself "bored" Tells me I logged out and posted something on my own statement. I answered that.

Somebody that calls himself "Johnny Barleycorn"......tells me to use my real name.....really? ha....

Posting "all the news" sounds nice, but republishing something defamatory is actionable, and furthermore, why would a fan want to burn Moz? I love Moz and I have a simple solution. If "the news" includes potentially defamatory statements, then just post the author's name with the link, but don't republish any of the content. I think this idea is a really good one and I hope others like my idea. :)

nytimes-logo.jpg

He's on ignore, so I can't see what's being posted, but I reckon this Keene guy's been sent to f*** up the boards. It's all good sport.

What this site needs is some adult supervision.

david t has got to be in his mid forties by now.....and he still acts like a kid. Somebody out there needs step up and get this site better organized.

I can see now that there are some intelligent and thoughtful people that come on this site and post. Someone needs to step up or step down...or you all will just continue to talk in circles and learn nothing from life ...or art.

Back
Top Bottom