Gene’s Martin Rossiter Related

eugenius

Gabba Gabba Hey
April Richardson is an American comedian who married Martin Rossiter of Gene about six months before the pandemic hit. I listen to her podcast, and she spoke a bit about their relationship during the engagement. After she got married and moved to Brighton with Rossiter, her podcast seemingly ended.

All that to say that she recently posted this essay about their relationship. He briefly orbited Morrissey’s universe one time, and she was a big Morrissey/Smiths fan — she also has an account here.

Anyway, it’s a long, but very insightful read about mental illness and manipulation. I thought you creeps might be interested

Read: Medium

Trigger warning for you sensitivivos.

Nice read, thanks for sharing.
She was thankfully brave enough to leave.

But colleagues/work?
Does he have a day job now?
I did really like Gene, I must say.

Nice read, thanks for sharing.
She was thankfully brave enough to leave.

But colleagues/work?
Does he have a day job now?
I did really like Gene, I must say.
I believe he’s a professor at a music school in or near Brighton. According to her, his behavior was selective (he was fine around co-workers and students), which makes me believe he doesn’t have mental illness, he’s just a manipulative, miserable asshole. I really think Gene’s music is great, too. Especially those first two LPs. Just goes to show you, you don’t know how seemingly normal people act behind closed doors.

Listening to Gene now, and the lyrics take on a new meaning having read that harrowing story

Everyone is just walking away from me
Am I really that nasty
All the dust and dirt affects my skin
Everyone is just turning away from me
Am I really that filthy
It's cold and dark, let me in

I'm in love with this land of plenty
Full of folks that still are friendly
I've lost my will, still I see some hope
Give me a rope, I'll take it gladly
Find me a tree, make it sturdy
Bye ma! it's my time to go
Yes this one's for the dead

April Richardson is an American comedian who married Martin Rossiter of Gene about six months before the pandemic hit. I listen to her podcast, and she spoke a bit about their relationship during the engagement. After she got married and moved to Brighton with Rossiter, her podcast seemingly ended.

All that to say that she recently posted this essay about their relationship. He briefly orbited Morrissey’s universe one time, and she was a big Morrissey/Smiths fan — she also has an account here.

Anyway, it’s a long, but very insightful read about mental illness and manipulation. I thought you creeps might be interested

Read: Medium

Trigger warning for you sensitivivos.
I remember some weird story with her, where Moz and Jessie went to see a comedy gig in Hollywood (either her own gig or someone else's, can't remember), and she got very upset and taken aback because Jessie apparently started screaming and shouting abuse at her in the street? It must have been posted on here or something, because I have never followed her on any social media? Don't remember any backstory, but weird nonetheless.

I remember some weird story with her, where Moz and Jessie went to see a comedy gig in Hollywood (either her own gig or someone else's, can't remember), and she got very upset and taken aback because Jessie apparently started screaming and shouting abuse at her in the street? It must have been posted on here or something, because I have never followed her on any social media? Don't remember any backstory, but weird nonetheless.
I can’t say I’ve ever heard that one, but she has mentioned that she’s gotten shit from other Morrissey fans for criticisms she’s had about him. My guess is that the incident with Jessie is semi-related.

I can’t say I’ve ever heard that one, but she has mentioned that she’s gotten shit from other Morrissey fans for criticisms she’s had about him. My guess is that the incident with Jessie is semi-related.
I‘ve witnessed Morrissey use Boz Boorer in this way. The incident seriously tainted my opinion of both. I know for a fact that Boz didn’t have a clue why Morrissey asked him to be his attack dog, but unquestioningly, and obediently, he jumped to action for his master.

i‘d had a pint with Boz the night before, and he was really friendly with everyone. Morrissey clicked his fingers (he actually just said “Boz” and pointed) and we all just looked on in disgust.

We had a glimpse of the real Morrissey that night, and Boz didn’t do himself any favours. Many saw it.

April is an amazing woman. I've spent time with her, and she is an undoubted fan, but she's been treated appallingly. I feel for her.

pretty sure she wrote a thing a while back about how she was breaking up with morrissey or some such

What a disturbing and harrowing read that was. The allegations certainly made me view this clip in a new light. From 0.58 onwards to 1.18.

okay i finally read it and all i can say is: boooooooorrrrriiiing

i dont know if it's because she writes uncompellingly like a 14 year old (how many times do we have to hear she was "stuck in a new country with nowhere else to go"??) or because of the gratuitous airing of every single little article of dirty laundry which is neither that shocking nor interesting nor even really that bad. so he's given to tantrums? why the f*** do i care? who the f*** hasnt broken the bedroom closet door by bashing their head into it several times?

also, i am reminded after reading this article (wherein there is no mention of any faults she might have had in the relationship--i guess she's perfect?) that there are two sides to every story, and that maybe, just maybe, she was f***ing annoying. she certainly sounds it from this article.

That was horrible to read :( I did not make it through all of it, I skipped to the end tho, and the way he split her to black sounds like Borderline Personality Disorder, as did other things, esp the self harm and the overdosing. Making you think they will kill themselves is one of their favorite tools in their toolbox.
Self harm = personality disorder and there is no dealing with those people, they don't even really exist, they don't have a core or a personality or a sense of being so they take on these extreme behaviors or mimic other people just to feel like they are someone or something. Also, the disturbances in his own sense of self (which does not exist) over something like a pair of trousers or a tshirt is a sign of a personality disorder. Her saying she felt she was walking on eggshells is another clue. Having worked with women trapped in abuse, we are taught that when they leave could be the most dangerous time, even fatal, and given his fixation on her leaving, it's easy to see why she felt she couldn't despite how badly she wanted to. These people are so destructive and will damage anyone around them, which is why the advice from any therapist is to run and go no contact obviously only when one has planned a safe exit.
The victim is never to blame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom