Gene’s Martin Rossiter Related

lol

April Richardson is an American comedian who married Martin Rossiter of Gene about six months before the pandemic hit. I listen to her podcast, and she spoke a bit about their relationship during the engagement. After she got married and moved to Brighton with Rossiter, her podcast seemingly ended.

All that to say that she recently posted this essay about their relationship. He briefly orbited Morrissey’s universe one time, and she was a big Morrissey/Smiths fan — she also has an account here.

Anyway, it’s a long, but very insightful read about mental illness and manipulation. I thought you creeps might be interested

Read: Medium

Trigger warning for you sensitivivos.
April is a drama queen. She only married Martain because he was in a brit-pop band. She couldn't give a feck about Martain as a man
This is a scummy thing to share. Its one side of the story. This should be taken down.
I thought Gene were shitty plop and I am not a fan of Martian, I thought he backstabbed M he is also part of the Brighton/London media scene with Billy Bragg . He seems like a complete knob but this should be taken down.
This is not cool

Last edited:
I believe he’s a professor at a music school in or near Brighton. According to her, his behavior was selective (he was fine around co-workers and students), which makes me believe he doesn’t have mental illness, he’s just a manipulative, miserable asshole. I really think Gene’s music is great, too. Especially those first two LPs. Just goes to show you, you don’t know how seemingly normal people act behind closed doors.
Hes not bow,. He was sacked,. I wont say why. My daughter has friends at BIM

April is a drama queen. She only married Martain because he was in a brit-pop band. She couldn't give a feck about Martain as a man
This is a scummy thing to share. Its one side of the story. This should be taken down.
I thought Gene were shitty plop and I am not a fan of Martian, I thought he backstabbed M he is also part of the Brighton/London media scene with Billy Bragg . He seems like a complete knob but this should be taken down.
This is not cool
You are an idiot and you haven't a clue what you're talking about

Hes not bow,. He was sacked,. I wont say why. My daughter has friends at BIM
Very much still working there.

GENE were a revelation in the 90s. For me, it was the purest embodiment of a British indie rock band with ambition, style and attitude. Morrissey said in his interviews, so worth reading at the time, that they didn't even remind him of The Smiths so much as they remind him of him as a solo artist.

When Rossiter advertised his stage farewell with the GENE logo, but the band was not even invited on stage together for one song, I thought it was shabby.

As for his second wife, who was never tired of sharing her new, absolute happiness on all channels and also linking it artistically: I was not aware of this new development in the relationship or I wanted to dismiss it as gossip.

But indeed: his lyrics already allow us to look deep into abysses.

You are an idiot and you haven't a clue what you're talking about
LOL
Mate, I only just read this. Funny AF. This coming from someone who sat at one of M's shows clapping and singing as happy as a lark, only to then go home and post shit about M over and over again. You posted so much shit that you are now banned from shows. What kind of ungrateful, bitter feck are you, that you shit on someone who made you happy? I mean, how many nice things have you actually said about M over the last 10 years? Its got to be a sign of mental illness that you go on a fan site nearly every day and 98% of what you say is pure hatred.
Funny thing, me and the wife sat behind you at one of M's gigs- I know it was you as people were saying "that's uncle skinny the wall-eyed guy ".LOL
I hate wimpy dicks who beat the shit out of women and I am no fan of Gene, they were fecking shit. I do think April is wrong to post what she posted though. She says that Martain suffers from mental illness, so how will that help him? Worth remembering Martain wasn't convicted of abuse with April, so where is the proof this is true? Has any of Martain's other ex-GF's claimed he abused them? No. She is your typical "look at me" American show-off type. I mean one of her posts is about her going to sign on "look at me down the dole office " . Fecking hell. Its obvious she was only with Martain because he was in a brit pop bad, sad af. Shes gross doing this .

LOL
Mate, I only just read this. Funny AF. This coming from someone who sat at one of M's shows clapping and singing as happy as a lark, only to then go home and post shit about M over and over again. You posted so much shit that you are now banned from shows. What kind of ungrateful, bitter feck are you, that you shit on someone who made you happy? I mean, how many nice things have you actually said about M over the last 10 years? Its got to be a sign of mental illness that you go on a fan site nearly every day and 98% of what you say is pure hatred.
Funny thing, me and the wife sat behind you at one of M's gigs- I know it was you as people were saying "that's uncle skinny the wall-eyed guy ".LOL
I hate wimpy dicks who beat the shit out of women and I am no fan of Gene, they were fecking shit. I do think April is wrong to post what she posted though. She says that Martain suffers from mental illness, so how will that help him? Worth remembering Martain wasn't convicted of abuse with April, so where is the proof this is true? Has any of Martain's other ex-GF's claimed he abused them? No. She is your typical "look at me" American show-off type. I mean one of her posts is about her going to sign on "look at me down the dole office " . Fecking hell. Its obvious she was only with Martain because he was in a brit pop bad, sad af. Shes gross doing this .
Either you know the people involved or you don't.

It's clear you don't.

LOL

Wow, could anyone be anymore wrong about this ....

She deserves to be able to speak out and he deserves all he gets. Millions of people have mental health issues and don't treat women this way. Maybe if this went more viral and the press got hold of it he might start to see just how bad he has affected someone's life that clearly loved him.

It's always blame the victim with some.

April Richardson is an American comedian who married Martin Rossiter of Gene about six months before the pandemic hit. I listen to her podcast, and she spoke a bit about their relationship during the engagement. After she got married and moved to Brighton with Rossiter, her podcast seemingly ended.

All that to say that she recently posted this essay about their relationship. He briefly orbited Morrissey’s universe one time, and she was a big Morrissey/Smiths fan — she also has an account here.

Anyway, it’s a long, but very insightful read about mental illness and manipulation. I thought you creeps might be interested

Video shows, she was a britpop fan judging by the vinyl case.

It looks like a section on her love for Gene has been deleted from the video as well.

LOL
Oh, there's proof, and it's disturbing alright.

In the mid-90s she had befriended a vegan without disclosing that she was a meat eater (at the time), but after her mama told her she should be hostile to non-murderers, she did exactly that (after putting on how much she was her own person.) She was called out in detailed writing, which made her hold a grudge. 15 years later she went on a podcast to talk shit about that person, revealing how witticisms had gone over her head (she's a comedian who doesn't understand when people are joking.) (Her biggest argument was that the vegan was 23; she's obsessed with comparing ages.) She eventually renounced Morrissey, which was great because how can someone so stupid and fake like him anyway?
Then she wanted to marry a vegan and her mama objected to vegans again, but this time she defended the vegan because he was semi-famous. But then she divorced him claiming abuse. I can't sympathize with someone so fake, hostile, and bitter. The one part of her abuse story that I call BS on is when he accused her of thinking he was fat and she said, no she didn't think he was fat. He had a beer belly; he was obviously fat.

Back
Top Bottom