Gender in profiles

Sicy

Smother Me Mother
Maybe I'm missing something, but I cant seem to find the 'gender' option in users profiles. I know it exists with this software. It would be nice to know if someone is a guy or a girl so that I dont embarrass myself. :(

Maybe I'm missing something, but I cant seem to find the 'gender' option in users profiles. I know it exists with this software. It would be nice to know if someone is a guy or a girl so that I dont embarrass myself. :(

You can write it either in your profile or custom user title.

Someone asked to disable it.

Someone asked to disable it so you did? :confused:
I see absolutely no logic in disabling this feature, but ok lol.

Thanks. :thumb:

I think it's fun not knowing.

There have been a bunch of times where I have seen user pics or someone mentioned their gender and I laughed because I had them backwards.

Someone asked to disable it so you did? :confused:
I see absolutely no logic in disabling this feature, but ok lol.

Thanks. :thumb:

Can't see why it's necessary, but I can see even less reason to disable it. I know you can hide your year of birth on forums where you have to put a birthday in. Neither are things anyone would really need to hide but in this day and age there's always too much emphasis on preventing descrimination and there's always one who has to exercise that right.

Yes but if you dont want others to know your gender then you would just not fill out that part. *shrug*

I guess I just want to know whether I'm talking to a guy or a girl. It could mean all the difference in the world.

C'mon...it's 2009, you can be anything you want.

Would it not help if we all had "male" or "female" underneath our avatar image?

I don't know if half the people on here are male or female, it's confusing and annoying!:mad:

Re: Would it not help if we all had "male" or "female" underneath our avatar image?

I don't know if half the people on here are male or female, it's confusing and annoying!:mad:

What Difference Does It Make? Really, why do you need to know? How would that alter how you read or respond to their posts? :confused:

Yes but if you dont want others to know your gender then you would just not fill out that part. *shrug*

I guess I just want to know whether I'm talking to a guy or a girl. It could mean all the difference in the world.

I'm a boy.
You could of just asked me. ;)

It's a Morrissey forum. It makes sense that it's disabled. I kinda like it even though it can be confusing at times.

I'm a female, by the way. :)

Back
Top Bottom