Gabriel Avalos on Morrissey, Mexican fans and music fandom - TEDx Talks...have you seen this?

What Morrissey and his Mexican fans tell us about music fandom | Gabriel Avalos | TEDxWhitneyHigh

Description:
Published on Sep 8, 2017

"Every once and a while there is a certain artist and their fan following that breaks these conventional rules. They actually end up reversing the roles and instead the fans end up defining the artist.” Gabriel Avalos is currently a junior at Whitney High School where he is constantly busy and trying to do it all. He has a passion for politics and is involved with the Association of Latin American Students, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, and Junior State of America. When not working with those clubs or doing something for school, he is always listening to music. Gabriel's favorite artists range from The Beatles to Arcade Fire, David Bowie to Kanye West, Radiohead to Neutral Milk Hotel, and even My Bloody Valentine to Carly Rae Jepsen. If you're interested in listening to some of the music by Morrissey and The Smiths, make sure to check out this Spotify playlist curated by Gabriel himself: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?v=...abriel_avalos/playlist/1KZE06WotSrH5jR5fqf1NF
This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't the TED talks meant to be about something useful?

That was bizarre to say the least... I mean for the standards of an usual TED talk.

Aren't the TED talks meant to be about something useful?

That was bizarre to say the least... I mean for the standards of an usual TED talk.
Yes, I couldn't agree more. I like TEDx talks because they are insightful and usually talk about new innovations, technologies, or theories. This seemed a bit out of place. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. I like TEDx talks because they are insightful and usually talk about new innovations, technologies, or theories. This seemed a bit out of place. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it.

Yes, they are usually about "How I made a nuclear reactor in my basement" or "How it would be possible to feed everyone in the world without causing any pollution", etc... not about "I like Morrissey, he's great".

If you like Ted talks, then this parody is probably hilarious:

Yes, they are usually about "How I made a nuclear reactor in my basement" or "How it would be possible to feed everyone in the world without causing any pollution", etc... not about "I like Morrissey, he's great".

If you like Ted talks, then this parody is probably hilarious:

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom