Future Morrissey Spotting at Barney's NYC?

Yes, I can see it, too!

forfun.jpg

Wow! Morrissey looks like a model.

I love the sign, Mozmic_Dancer!!! Moz would be the perfect model for a luxury brand, lol! I could see him doing watches...or maybe Gucci cologne...think he's ever been approached about it? PETA should approach him about doing an ad for their 'I'd rather go naked than wear fur' campaign :D

Oh wow, maybe I should ask my boss if we can ask Moz for a photo shoot to advertise B's! I have to stop by the office on Tuesday with the latest pics of the windows. I am going to stop by the shop (it's on Madison btw) and perhaps have a look around just to - keep up with what is going on at the store I shoot... :D
Barneys is actually supercool. The people I work and talk with are super creative and fun.
Simon Doonan is in charge of the windows and he wrote a super funny book called "confessions of a window dresser" which had me laughing out loud.

xoxoxoxoox ooooooooooooooooooooooh here comes MOZZA!

oooh i want to be the person measuring and dressing him... i think i should switch jobs huh? ooooooh dressing mozza...
well, I am off to the frink thread now - it seems.

Yes, you all run over to Barneys all day and I will get a better place in line.

--jeniphir

do you really think that there is going to be a line and all that? like a line up outside the show as if it were 1991 or something?

From discussion on here. . .um, yeah, I kinda do think that.

--jeniphir

ooh i work freelance for Barney's. I just shoot the windows every three weeks but I do know a bit about it. Barney's does tend to have smaller sizes and the look for mens suits has been very tight fitting skinny legged pants, which Morrissey only wore briefly in the early 2000s or so (short, narrow flood pants have been the in thing for top designer suits lately) - but Barneys does Made to Measure suits and I am sure they can work with Morrissey.
In general its a younger, hip, rich crowd and sorry to disappoint you america haters - not all americans are fat, esp not the rich ones.... its the poor who are generally fat. Barneys keeps clothes for customers they market to... I am sure they can accommodate Morrissey - in fact stylewise he is so Barneys... at least in my view. He could be the poster boy! Old world elegance meets sleek styled luxury.

Dito, that. Living in the same town Morrissey used to live at WeHo (West Hollywood for the tourist) ive gone to every store down Robertson blvd and Rodeo Drive next door in Beverly Hills, and most of the sizes are on the "smaller/thinner" side. Women, good luck trying to find a size 10/12/14. Guys, theres no size 34/36/38 or XL anythings shirts are mostly XS, S, M and only about 2-3 L's. Most of the posh shops are obviously marketing to the rich/young/elite crowd and being that most of the people in my city work in the "INDUSTRY" and celebrities live amongts us, "most" of us try to keep a thin appearance. My missus is a personal trainer for celebs and youd be surprised at amounts of cash people are willing to shell out to have that perfect six pack bod. Ive purchased a few $$$$ from Barneys and Fred Segal and have had to stand in the "room of shame" myself. But, f*** it when you gotta look good for work with nice threads you gotta suffer. I mean, you can go into Bloomingdales in Century City and all your going to find is small sizes then go into a Bloomingdales in a "less affluent city" and you will generally find larger sizes. Come to West Hollywood and theres not one TacoBell and I think only ONE McDonalds, and its prety much empty.

Back
Top Bottom