Future Islands announced as support for Red Rocks concert (Morrison, CO, July 16, 2015)

From the Morrissey Official Facebook page:

We are pleased to announce that the special guest for Red Rocks on July 16 is FUTURE ISLANDS.

redrocks.jpg

Related item:

Yawn? This is beautiful. The Future Islands are amazing. The people going to Red Rocks are surely in for a treat.

They may very well end up putting on a great show, and I hope for all in attendance that they do. As far as an anouncement, though, and also as a general comment on their hailed track "Seasons...", I would have to agree with the "yawn".

They may very well end up putting on a great show, and I hope for all in attendance that they do. As far as an anouncement, though, and also as a general comment on their hailed track "Seasons...", I would have to agree with the "yawn".

Are you joking? They're the best live band on the planet at the minute. Completely blow the heads off anyone live. It's going to be amazing. Seasons isn't even close to their best song.

He needs to have Future Islands open. To give him that kick in the ass he needs to do a great show.

That performance of that song, is better than the Letterman performance that went viral last year. If you don't know about these guys, and if you are a Morrissey fan, you have to start listening.

Good call Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of them. Don't want to either. Moz is deluded if he thinks this is an announcement worth heralding in advance.

Just forced myself to watch/listen to that clip:
1. He curses before the songs start
2. He feels a need to explain the meaning of the song after it has started
3. The guitar player makes Boz look like an anorexic waif
4. Should make for a nice long leisurely bathroom break for people before Moz comes on
5. Moz has a weird sense of humour or
6. Moz is deaf or
7. Moz is blind or
8. All of the above

Last edited:
His voice and dancing = ANNOYING

- - - Updated - - -

They were in Futurama werent they? ( I know not my best connection joke)

I don't really like 'em but I enjoy his comedy dancing.

the same Charlie. I would have rather he had gabi sympathy open which is a female electronic act but its orchestral and ambient and not electro pop. would be a good choice for demographics special guest wise but it would be an excellent show. future islands are very popular on this board and have a lot of stuff posted about them here. it makes sense as they do for sure have a cross sectional fan base.

Never heard of them. Don't want to either. Moz is deluded if he thinks this is an announcement worth heralding in advance.

Just forced myself to watch/listen to that clip:
1. He curses before the songs start
2. He feels a need to explain the meaning of the song after it has started
3. The guitar player makes Boz look like an anorexic waif
4. Should make for a nice long leisurely bathroom break for people before Moz comes on
5. Moz has a weird sense of humour or
6. Moz is deaf or
7. Moz is blind or
8. All of the above

It's not my music either but what the hell ... then don't go and see the show. I don't understand some people :crazy:

The lead singer is annoying as shit..my friend invited me to one of their shows and that dude literally had to tell a story before every song then danced like a spazz the whole time. People loved it..I didn't

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom