Further Royal discussion

i assume that her party's lobby groups expect some sort of public interference. She has to be careful though, as the royals are pretty high on the popularity scale at the moment, and quite a lot folks expressed hopes that Charles continues being an advocate for sustainability issues. Probably it's going to be a give-and-take arrangement between these two in the coming year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truss will be out of Downing Street by Xmas.

Her party have discovered she is electorally toxic, and the series of car-crash interviews she did last week will do nothing to change that.

Anyone watch Lady Colin Campbell on youtube?

… there’ll be blood on the cleaver tonight.

I take the tax comment is the first criticism of the monarchy since the queens death.
But they do pay tax voluntarily at much higher rates than most people. 48%. The myths/lies run away with themselves to fit an agenda.

Anyone watch Lady Colin Campbell on youtube?
A fine lady who can articulate herself well. My interest in what she had to say about the royals though, I was able to maintain for about 20-25 minutes. From what i have seen, her videos seem to be three times as long. I need more depth to continue watching or listening to a monologue.

A fine lady who can articulate herself well. My interest in what she had to say about the royals though, I was able to maintain for about 20-25 minutes. From what i have seen, her videos seem to be three times as long. I need more depth to continue watching or listening to a monologue.
At another site I frequent, there is a royal watchers thread and that is where I get most of my info about the royals. They LOVE Kate and William - Megs and Haz, not so much - very pro King Charles- Diana, not so much. They talk about Lady C (as she is called) sometimes and say that she really does have inside info. I do find her amusing but a bit long winded, so I have not watched many videos. She has had a very interesting life, she may have been born a hermaphrodite, you can read about it on Wikipedia if you are interested. Also, she lives in a castle built for Percy Shelley that he never got to live in because he died.

@romanticandsquare
I can see that people i have a chat with in this thread or in others are repeatedly downvoted by you.
Is there a reason for that? A feud or something?

At another site I frequent, there is a royal watchers thread and that is where I get most of my info about the royals. They LOVE Kate and William - Megs and Haz, not so much - very pro King Charles- Diana, not so much. They talk about Lady C (as she is called) sometimes and say that she really does have inside info. I do find her amusing but a bit long winded, so I have not watched many videos. She has had a very interesting life, she may have been born a hermaphrodite, you can read about it on Wikipedia if you are interested. Also, she lives in a castle built for Percy Shelley that he never got to live in because he died.
Yes, I read Lady C's bio on wikipedia, and she has led an interesting life so far. She also looks very comfortable in her role as a "royal", and might also pass as an Edith Sitwell character. Are you sure about the Percy Shelley castle, i thought it was Lord Byron's?
With regard to the British royals, i like Charles and Camilla. William and Kate are still too young to be truly interesting. Meg and Haz lack style. With regard to the Queen, I once had a coworker who was like her, extremely high and narrow-minded standards when it came to accepting people. If you didn't fit in according to her opinion, but were nevertheless able to compete with her, she'd make you feel like a worm. No mercy. Those who didn't know her that well or who were lucky enough to fullfill her expectations and willing to accept a subordinate position, described her as warm and motherly....o_O

Is that a US site Redacted, I've always felt that Diana was universally loved by Brits. I remember when she died, I was in the South of France on my hols and there were loads of people in the camp site TV room watching the news, it was a really big shock!

Regarding the other views, I like Kate and William and I also like Harry and Megan, the problem for Harry and Megan is that there is a particular well read newspaper/website in the UK (although it looks like they are in deep shit) that spends an awful lot of time posting shitty articles about Megan for some reason.

I click "dislike" when I read something stupid or dishonest.
I guess we can't argue about what we personally perceive as stupid, but when it comes to dishonesty, I just wonder how you know that someone is not honest about what they write here. I had the slightest suspicion that you were not completely honest about what you had posted as an answer, but as i said, it is only a suspicion, and i can't prove it.

Yes, I read Lady C's bio on wikipedia, and she has led an interesting life so far. She also looks very comfortable in her role as a "royal", and might also pass as an Edith Sitwell character. Are you sure about the Percy Shelley castle, i thought it was Lord Byron's?
With regard to the British royals, i like Charles and Camilla. William and Kate are still too young to be truly interesting. Meg and Haz lack style. With regard to the Queen, I once had a coworker who was like her, extremely high and narrow-minded standards when it came to accepting people. If you didn't fit in according to her opinion, but were nevertheless able to compete with her, she'd make you feel like a worm. No mercy. Those who didn't know her that well or who were lucky enough to fullfill her expectations and willing to accept a subordinate position, described her as warm and motherly....o_O
Yes, I am sure about the castle, Castle Goring. Mary Shelley actually did live there for a while.
I don't have a lot of opinions on the royals, but Charles seems like he has a wicked sense of humor for some reason and I like how Prince Louis ran to him when he was misbehaving at the Jubilee Concert, like maybe Grandpa indulges him a bit. To me, William and Kate seem like they want their family to be as normal as possible, esp for their children, I think the children are adorable. I feel bad for Harry, it seems like he has unresolved trauma regarding his mother, but that would require a gigantic post. I really don't know much about the queen one way or the other.

Is that a US site Redacted, I've always felt that Diana was universally loved by Brits. I remember when she died, I was in the South of France on my hols and there were loads of people in the camp site TV room watching the news, it was a really big shock!

Regarding the other views, I like Kate and William and I also like Harry and Megan, the problem for Harry and Megan is that there is a particular well read newspaper/website in the UK (although it looks like they are in deep shit) that spends an awful lot of time posting shitty articles about Megan for some reason.
Hi Surface, yes it is a US site but people from all over the world post there, lots of people from the UK, US, Canada and Australia, which makes sense. I also thought Diana was universally loved so to see the negative comments about her was surprising to me. I remember when she died too, it was covered here on US television and I was actually very sad because I did like her, she was a beautiful young woman taken in her prime. So incredibly sad, esp for her children.

Yes, I am sure about the castle, Castle Goring. Mary Shelley actually did live there for a while.
I don't have a lot of opinions on the royals, but Charles seems like he has a wicked sense of humor for some reason and I like how Prince Louis ran to him when he was misbehaving at the Jubilee Concert, like maybe Grandpa indulges him a bit. To me, William and Kate seem like they want their family to be as normal as possible, esp for their children, I think the children are adorable. I feel bad for Harry, it seems like he has unresolved trauma regarding his mother, but that would require a gigantic post. I really don't know much about the queen one way or the other.
Oh my, I have probably confused Castle Goring with Newstead Abbey.

I developed a new interest in the royals during the funeral proceedings. Last thing I remember from decades ago were the rumours concerning Harry, whether he was actually the son of Diana's riding instrutor. Has this mystery been solved in the meantime?

lady louise windsor has "inbred" written all over her. she also used to be cross-eyed, like all the good people of the appalachias

View attachment 84981
Charlotte von Mecklenburg-Strelitz, who was married to George III, and was a descendant of the Portuguese royal family, reaching back to Alfonso III and probably his Black mistress, looks somehow like Louise, I think.

Charlotte von Meck-Strelitz.png

Back
Top Bottom