Full List of unreleased Morrissey songs?

A

Anonymous

Hello,
Could anyone direct me to a full list of unreleased Morrissey song titles and potential lyrics? Thanks very much.

Hello,
Could anyone direct me to a full list of unreleased Morrissey song titles and potential lyrics? Thanks very much.
Listed many time throughout the years.
The search function (top right of the site) will show you many, but here's one from 2007 - several threads thereafter have added to the discussion, but I'm sure you can locate them:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...-and-unreleased-tracks-a-complete-list.77396/
PJLM:
http://passionsjustlikemine.com/songs-moz.htm
Mr. Krix:
http://www.krix-s.de/morrissey_rarities.htm

Regards,
FWD.

That list didn't have Action is my middle name, The Kids a looker and the other track he was singing at York and Stoke, Grimsby etc in 2011

Action Is My Middle Name, The Kid’s A Looker and People Are The Same Everywhere were b-sides to The Last Of The Famous International Playboys re-issue so have actually been released and there is no studio versions of these songs to date. This is an accurate list of unreleased songs.

Alas, the Wiki is incomplete. It doesn't include, at minimum, "Stay As You Are" from Vauxhall and I or "Laughing Anne" from Southpaw Grammar. The long-circulating (and inferior) demo recording of the former has been all but debunked as a Morrissey track though Simon Goddard did reveal in Mozipedia that the Vauxhall demo tape he heard courtesy of Jonny Bridgwood contained a song with that title. "Laughing Anne" was an instrumental only and has yet to leak publicly. One of Boz or Alain's demos from the period has occasionally circulated with the title associated to it, but it's apparently a different (unknown or unnamed) song.

A person who used to post here regularly for years told me that they had discussed the unreleased tracks from Years of Refusal with Jesse, who confirmed they were left unfinished at the time of Jerry Finn's death.

Alas, the Wiki is incomplete. It doesn't include, at minimum, "Stay As You Are" from Vauxhall and I or "Laughing Anne" from Southpaw Grammar.

Personally I wouldn't rate an instrumental demo as an unreleased track -- there are probably dozens of those, with or without titles. That said, "Oh Phoney" is missing from the wiki list as well.

There was a different version of "Get Off the Stage," according to the wiki? I've never heard of that.

Personally I wouldn't rate an instrumental demo as an unreleased track -- there are probably dozens of those, with or without titles. That said, "Oh Phoney" is missing from the wiki list as well.

See the 2010 re-release of Bona Drag...

Personally I wouldn't rate an instrumental demo as an unreleased track -- there are probably dozens of those, with or without titles.

While that is certainly true, my intent was to address the ones that had specifically been titled and pointed out by Goddard.

Along those lines, this list would grow extensively if one were to include alternate versions of released songs, of which a glut were released in the last handful of years.

Quite right gents.
If you start looking at book references for versions that never quite made it - you will pull your hair out trying to figure it all out.
This is not an area to expect anything 'definitive' whatsoever.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom