Fugazi (again)

Bona Drag

whore in retirement
Hi guys,

So I think I brought Fugazi to the table a couple of times in this forum. I just love this band, each of their records are just amazing punk rock bombs.

But I never talked about this before. The thing is, if you are familiar with the band, then is possible you own or at least you've seen their (incredible) documentary "Instrument" by Jem Cohen. In this documentary there are a few seconds of Morrissey music, you can hear they are listening to "Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning" (one of my ever favorite Moz tracks) while driving their van.

So I wonder if someone out there has more info about it. Are the members of Fugazi Morrissey fans? Did they ever talked about it? Has Ian MacKaye or Guy Picciotto ever make some kind of coment?... And what about our man? Is he aware of this band? Any declaration from our beloved about Fugazi?

Any information more than welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Bona Drag (Whore In Retirement)

That's funny. I love Fugazi, but I have never sen the docu you mentioned. TBH, I haven't even listened to Fugazi in years, but we used to go see them play all of the time. They used to come to LA a lot and play shows that cost like 5 Dollars to get into, and they would get CRAZY-some of the most insane pits I remember, and I went to A LOT of punk gigs back in the day. I don't remember any Moz mention by them, but it's possible since I really never read too much about them at the time. Repeater is definitely an all time classic.

Yeah, Repeater is amazing. I'm a big fan of End Hits and The Argument as well, I think they had this really interesting evolution.

Is just that when I saw the docu (I suggest you to watch it, is great!!) and I heard that song... I was like :eek: and then :horny: and then :guitar:

You know?

Bona Drag (Whore In Retirement)

I LOVE FUGAZI! I don't own the documentary but I have seen it as a friend has it. I thought Ian had mentioned The Smiths before but I dunno. I saw Fugazi play in my college days. They were so amazing! Those were fun times!:)

Back
Top Bottom