Morrissey Central "FUERZA! FUERZA! FUERZA!" (May 26, 2023)

I wouldn't say "force" would be the best translation in this case. When said as an exclamation (FUERZA!) is more or an expression of support, kinda saying "you can do it!". Though I can't see the video right now, no idea what he's referencing...

Bit odd as this relates to 2004, perhaps its a teaser leading up to an announcment about a new deal?
Not long after Moz appeared at the Ivors I got this feeling that something good was coming down the road for Moz and his legions. I still feel that. Paint A Tasteful Picture. On their hands a vibrant star.

Still irks me that First of the Gang to Die wasn't the lead single off Quarry. It's one of those Morrissey songs that everyone seems to like, even if they don't like Morrissey.

I've always preferred it to Irish Blood, English Heart. That song comes across as too grouchy and preachy. Still got to #3 in the UK singles chart, off the back of being Morrissey's first original material in 7 years and being released before Quarry itself.

I really believe "Gang..." could have been Moz's maiden #1 single. Alas, we'll never know.

That's pretty funny that I Have Forgiven Jesus was
a top ten'r durin' Christmas week.
Never knew that one.
:lbf:
I remember my outlaws were visiting that week and I played Top Of The Pops with Moz singing I Have Forgiven Jesus, introduced by Cat Deeley (wife of Patrick Kielty who is taking over the absolutely dire Late Late Show on RTE Ireland television - a.k.a. The Not Late Enough Show). My outlaws/inlaws were stunned into silence by the sight of Moz in priest garb singing how HE has forgiven jesus. Capitals and lowercase intentional.

I remember my outlaws were visiting that week and I played Top Of The Pops with Moz singing I Have Forgiven Jesus, introduced by Cat Deeley (wife of Patrick Kielty who is taking over the absolutely dire Late Late Show on RTE Ireland television - a.k.a. The Not Late Enough Show). My outlaws/inlaws were stunned into silence by the sight of Moz in priest garb singing how HE has forgiven jesus. Capitals and lowercase intentional.
It's such a remarkable lyric.

BTW watched the video, and while it has some interesting tidbits, the robotic voice made it almost unwatchable...

I believe the live introduction of these tracks 1-2 years to them being available & subsequent response may have influenced the choice of what to release first. Similarly, they were both performed before being recorded (Irish Blood possibly being toyed with since '99).
Keeping in mind "You Are The Quarry" was originally going to be called "Irish Blood, English Heart" - which might further evidence Morrissey's thinking.
Regards,
FWD.

I believe the live introduction of these tracks 1-2 years to them being available & subsequent response may have influenced the choice of what to release first. Similarly, they were both performed before being recorded (Irish Blood possibly being toyed with since '99).
Keeping in mind "You Are The Quarry" was originally going to be called "Irish Blood, English Heart" - which might further evidence Morrissey's thinking.
Regards,
FWD.
It should have been called that.

Irish Blood, English Heart should have been the opening track too. Now it’s a great album let down by the first and last song.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom