f*** the bastards responsible for this

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...celand-denmark-ritual-tradition-a7798436.html

694940094001_5639591445001_5639580551001-vs.jpg

I couldn't believe what I was seeing / hearing when I saw this for the first time. Is this a Nordic problem? Well, to me, they rank up there with China. And to think, if the UK had not voted Brexit, we would have been in a United States of Europe union with them :eek: SICK

No, it's not a "Nordic" problem. Don't know of any Swedish whale slaughtering rituals.

And yes, it's awful, but at least they were free and didn't lead a miserable existence in a slaughterhouse.

No, it's not a "Nordic" problem. Don't know of any Swedish whale slaughtering rituals.

And yes, it's awful, but at least they were free and didn't lead a miserable existence in a slaughterhouse.
Given that more than one Nordic country seems to think they have the right to murder Whales, there does appear to be a link there. If I were Swedish, I would be pressing my government to refute what Denmark and Norway are doing.

You are welcome to contact the governments of Denmark and Norway and express your concerns. Or get involved with WWF / Greenpeace / etc.

You might also want to educate yourself, and you should probably worry about what’s going on in your own backyard.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...isastrous-britains-farm-animals-eu-laws-cruel
What happens in Denmark or Norway, is now (I am glad to say) no longer an urgent concern, as Britain will not be linking arms with them anymore.

The article that you have posted is from before the referendum ;)

So this is really about politics for you then, not the whales. Me, Swedish = whale slaughter on Faroe Islands (an archipelago 300 km north of Scotland) - must be urgent concern! Must press Swedish government to press Danish government. You, British = whale slaughter on Faroe Islands (an archipelago 300 km north of Scotland): no urgent concern because your government will not be linking arms with Denmark anymore. Gotcha.

Yes, the article explaining that Brexit is disastrous for British farm animals is from before the referendum. How does that change the fact that Brexit is disastrous for British farm animals?

This is just another opportunity for you to waffle on about Brexit. If you wanted to help the whales you'd get engaged. Your country is still in the EU. There are plenty of NGOs you can join. Etc.

Last edited:
So this is really about politics for you then, not the whales. Me, Swedish = whale slaughter on Faroe Islands (an archipelago 300 km north of Scotland) - must be urgent concern! Must press government. You, British = whale slaughter on Faroe Islands (an archipelago 300 km north of Scotland): no urgent concern because your government will not be linking arms with Denmark anymore. Gotcha.

Yes, the article explaining that Brexit is disastrous for British farm animals is from before the referendum. How does that change the fact that Brexit is disastrous for British farm animals?
Sorry for the delay, I was listening to Nigel Farage discussing the impending EU army, which coincidentally, Denmark has said they will not be signing up to on Monday.

Stop trying to justify the scale of what Denmark and Norway are doing. You are referencing newspapers that are pro-remain, end of conversation. I wish you well in Sweden. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom