'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirt worn by Morrissey and band in Bradford

Update (June 29, 7:50 AM PT):
Media coverage:

Morrissey wages war on own fansite - The Guardian, link from Uncleskinny
Morrissey vs. His Fans - ClashMusic
Morrissey - Morrissey's F-Word Blast At Fan Website - ContactMusic
Morrissey Hates His Fans, The Music Industry, The Smiths, The Internet And YOU. Probably. - Hecklerspray

They came out in 'f*** Morrissey solo.com' for the encore of This Charming Man.

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

Image from Facebook posted by modrevolve:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Having looked at this site on a very occasional basis for a few years, I've been logging in frequently recently because, as a frustrated southerner unable to get to any of the 2011 shows, it has helped me to keep connected to what's going on. It's nice to see setlists, gauge opinion and so on, even if I rarely trawl through the entirety of the comments - sifting through the haters and the sycophants to get to the normal, everyday Morrissey fans is hard work.
So, I am glad of this site, and Morrissey is welcome to his opinions. I am afraid I don't know the history of it all or why the site irked him so much in the first place, but I certainly won't stay away on his advice, any more than I will become vegetarian simply because he tells me to (the time may come one day, but it will be my decision, not his).
As for the tour, trapped as I am down south, it's nice to hear that it's going well, and the set list is looking pretty strong, although it's a shame that Boy Racer wasn't around for long. You're the One for Me Fatty must have been a treat - it would be nice to see a few more surprises in there - and personally I wouldn't object one little bit to Irish Blood/First of the Gang being given a rest - I've seen him 6 times and they've been played every time. Good songs of course, but must they be obligatory?
Enjoy the rest of the tour if you're going, I'll be waiting jealously for your comments.

Of course, how could I forget it was frowned upon to enjoy modern-day Morrissey by the control freaks who now inhabit this Morrissey fan site. I'm sure your non-attendance is welcomed by all.

The irony is that I went to more concerts than these others did during the last tour and still they had the audacity to claim that they were "better" fans. Armchair heroes for the most part. It was clearly jealousy. How could I dare to go to all these concerts and claim that I enjoyed them? It is interesting, looking back I'd not say anymore that I enjoyed them, like I did back then, and I don't, because they made sure that it was all spoiled. Every little concert is now associated with something they did or said. I am really enjoying my non-attendance, too, because it feels good to still have the money on my bank account without the annoyance. Morrissey-solo.com was a very good marketing tool - not.

There is a lot of sad people on here. Imagine arguing over a website and a t-shirt, when there are bigger issues in life. Turn on the news. Go get a f***ing life. Get angry at things that actually matter. Maybe we could actually hold disgusting governments to account rather than whinge about a choice of clothing. That is all :)

The irony is that I went to more concerts than these others did during the last tour and still they had the audacity to claim that they were "better" fans. Armchair heroes for the most part. It was clearly jealousy. How could I dare to go to all these concerts and claim that I enjoyed them? It is interesting, looking back I'd not say anymore that I enjoyed them, like I did back then, and I don't, because they made sure that it was all spoiled. Every little concert is now associated with something they did or said. I am really enjoying my non-attendance, too, because it feels good to still have the money on my bank account without the annoyance. Morrissey-solo.com was a very good marketing tool - not.

Your many contradictory arguments confuse me. You appear to agree with me that solo is aproblem, yet you argued to begin with. Unless this is a different "anonymous"

haha, I found it funny. No surprise he wore that shirt seeing that 50% of the readers of this forum are total assholes though that being said, Morrissey-solo.com is the best Morrissey forum in existence, by far. No other forum comes even close when it comes to bringing news about him.
Also, the simple fact that he wears that shirt means he reads the forum which actually means a lot in itself so that shirt is more a compliment than an insult, even if he did not mean it that way.

Last edited:
Your many contradictory arguments confuse me. You appear to agree with me that solo is aproblem, yet you argued to begin with. Unless this is a different "anonymous"

The same anonymous. We disagree, because the people whom we think are the problem are not the same ones, only partly. Some of the ones you cannot stand are my "friends", some of whom I cannot stand or even all of them are your friends. We have a different value system.

The same anonymous. We disagree, because the people whom we think are the problem are not the same ones, only partly. Some of the ones you cannot stand are my "friends", some of whom I cannot stand or even all of them are your friends. We have a different value system.

I see. I wouldn't say they are my friends, I'm a lone wolf as far as this site goes. I don't come on to bitch or moan, I just come on to talk about the music (or at least, I try). And they sound like pretty annoying and crappy users from your description however I maintain my original argument that the overwhelming negativity is bringing down the site and the man himself.

What overwhelming negativity? If people think the new stuff is disappointing do they no longer have the right to say so? If he makes ill-informed and idiotic statements about Ireland is he somehow beyond contradiction? That might be the case in the tour bus, but not in the real world.

This is a guy who has based his career on courting controversy. That's fine, many do, but for him to then moan about reactions he does not like is facile.

I get a feeling Morrissey's inner circle is not very dissimilar to Elvis's Memphis mafia. Too many 'yes' men, too few, if any, willing or able to challenge him. He seems to seek to extend that control elsewhere.

Can tales of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches being flown in be far behind? That would certainly help to explain the weight gain.

What overwhelming negativity? If people think the new stuff is disappointing do they no longer have the right to say so? If he makes ill-informed and idiotic statements about Ireland is he somehow beyond contradiction? That might be the case in the tour bus, but not in the real world.

Oh no, I agree that if you don't like his new songs and disagree with his statements then yeah, of course, I would never try to stop you from saying ("I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it" is a quote I pretty much live by). However it's the general feeling of people constantly just telling him to go away and retire and to shut up and lose weight etc - usually in the first few comments of an article, which really drags the tone down. It's just pretty hypocritical because, as you say, he has made a name for himself being (unintentionally) controvertial.

I think the whole situation is blown out of proportion. We all know how Morrissey portrays his public self and if we don't know that by now what the hell are people complaining about . I am very used to his ill judged statements in the past but i still love the man and his music. I put put up with various reissues and compilations because thats alwaways been the case way back to World won't listen.
The site is a great way of finding out what people think and of course what is going on with Moz. What i do find a bit bizarre is the hate from some in replies to threads etc. Why not create your own site and stay there!
For now we use can this site for our own devices as fans. Keep up the good work its definately the best site by far!:)
If you know what to expect from him i just dont know what you are doing here.:confused:

Not terribly sophisticated, is it? Not cheery or kind. Without this site, how would we know the most efficient ways to put money in Morrissey's pocket? It would be very difficult. A disappointing bit of childishness from SPM.

Awww...this makes me sad. Regardless of what Morrissey thinks I'd hate it if this site didn't exist or closed down. Where else can you get an update within 30 minutes of Morrissey finishing a gig? Or find a reasonabley priced ticket to a to sold out venues via other fans? Or know when there is a radio/magazine interview? For me it keeps the momentum going. I know Morrissey likes to use True To You to issue statements etc...but, if I go there more often than not there is nothing happening/updated. I would like to think that most people that come here do so for the same reasons as me and we are mostly silent readers who don't give a second look or thought to negative or silly posts. I think David creating Morrissey-Solo and keeping the wheels turning for all these years is in its simplest form a true labour of love. Please keep the momemtum going...

You're absolutely right!

Time to call it a day David Tseng. Oh how you and your assistant Winnie Wong must feel now. Hated by your idol must hurt and this made this summer the best ever.
Thank you Morrissey but it should have been spelt "fook" you know.....

I'm so glad Morrissey and his band did this, I stopped coming to this egotistical hell-hole about five years ago as it's full of boring American fans who don't get it but bitch & moan all day long. Ugly, ugly, vicious people hide here behind their keyboards. "So safely with your software, miles from the front line..."

The only problem with this, is that he's given the site publicity, though real fans will see the shit rising constantly to the surface.

Best thing is for this crappy site is for it to close its doors forever.

The shirt was a gift from Urban that chatroom legend hours before the gig. He gave it to Moz at the hotel at lunchtime and a few snaps were taken. He was given two versions of it with one being spelt "fook" and the other which he used spelt "f***".

I've never posted until now even though I've visited for years & pre-Morrissey Solo was also a collector of the fanzines. The reason being I've also been put off by some of the really nasty, ugly comments that appear on here, mostly anonymously. I guess it's no different to my being suprised at some of the fans he attracts to the gigs over the tears. I sometimes wonder if they've ever really listened to his words or understood any of the work? I am moved to comment now as I see this t-shirt attack as a bit of a landmark moment. I think it's a shame that the normally eloquent & well spoken gentleman Morrissey has resorted to wearing obscenities on his clothing. This is the second time on this tour after a similar fur related swearing t-shirt. I really thought this kind of thing would be well beneath him. Why has he allowed himself to be dragged down to "their" level? I used to so enjoy his interviews no end but now I am almost scared to look given the increasing bitterness & sometimes misplaced self-deprication.

Sorry if I seem such a delicate flower. Maybe it's time for me to finally let go but that's always been my problem. I won't flip & start hating though, just fade to indifference.

Before it is said - I realise he wouldn't care one jot as sad that that fact is. I still wish the best for him & hope he finds whatever it is he really wants. I just don't think I can be any part of it any longer.

I really hope David who runs this site doesn't take it as personally as I have. :tears:

I think the whole situation is blown out of proportion. We all know how Morrissey portrays his public self and if we don't know that by now what the hell are people complaining about . I am very used to his ill judged statements in the past but i still love the man and his music. I put put up with various reissues and compilations because thats alwaways been the case way back to World won't listen.
The site is a great way of finding out what people think and of course what is going on with Moz. What i do find a bit bizarre is the hate from some in replies to threads etc. Why not create your own site and stay there!
For now we use can this site for our own devices as fans. Keep up the good work its definately the best site by far!:)
If you know what to expect from him i just dont know what you are doing here.:confused:

Totally agree! Thank you Sidney James.

He (Moz) knows how to provoke - done a good job from the comments posted so far. Result!

I love him to bits and come to expect him to say or do something which will stir things up. That's what he does best after performing, isn't it? We all know it - so why the fuss.

This site is the best, David keep on doing what your doing - it is appreciated.

As for Moz - well, he'll just keep being Him, accept it or go follow another band/singer. He's never going to change just because you're indignant about a shirt he wears or a comment at a gig/to the press.

Well well well that's hit a nerve.

Moz you should be grateful for this site , it has kept the interest through the barren years.....like now really.

If you think your band are exceptional , that's you opinion. Some of your fans think otherwise , I'm one of them.

If you think the three new songs are good , that's your opinion. Some of your fans think otherwise , I'm one of them.

Your chosen Internet media , ie , tru to you , doesn't have a fan forum does it , I wonder why. I know why because you do not like the fact that some fans of yours don't agree with everything you say or do.....what did you say once about David Bowie , oh yes , everyone must pray at the temple of David or something similar.

Long live The Smiths , Johnny , Andy and Mike without whom , well you know the rest.

DavidT.....do not close this site.

Morrissey has provoked drama, whats new? enjoy the ride. Go back to your moz albums and enjoy his concerts. You're gonna miss him when he's gone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom