'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirt worn by Morrissey and band in Bradford

Update (June 29, 7:50 AM PT):
Media coverage:

Morrissey wages war on own fansite - The Guardian, link from Uncleskinny
Morrissey vs. His Fans - ClashMusic
Morrissey - Morrissey's F-Word Blast At Fan Website - ContactMusic
Morrissey Hates His Fans, The Music Industry, The Smiths, The Internet And YOU. Probably. - Hecklerspray

They came out in 'f*** Morrissey solo.com' for the encore of This Charming Man.

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

Image from Facebook posted by modrevolve:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Funny. Morrissey knows what he's doing. He loves the site really and this is his way of advertising it.

You hiss and you moan,
And you constantly grown,
But you don't ever go away,
Cause all you need is morrissey-solo

I'm shocked! Just shocked!

It's so unlike Morrissey to be a crybaby when anyone, anywhere says something he doesn't agree with or that isnt flattering.

I just cant believe labels and managers dont want to work with him!

I cant believe that these tiny shows (except Glasto) in the middle of f***ing nowhere are the best he can do. I refuse to believe that the man who could once play huge venues in the States now has to play 1500 seat ones.

How someone as gracious and humble as Morrissey could fall on hard times and take his frustration out on the very site that kept his name going through the post Maladjusted years...I guess I just dont understand the world anymore.

He is old and bitter that it hasn't turned out the way he wanted.

He should be more worried about these new songs than he is a website.

Morrissey, I know you read these comments. Stop if you have such a thing skin you cant take criticism. Stop altogether if the best you can do is "Action Is My Middle Name."

Well, I think that Moz loves this site and just wanted it to be visited more :lbf:

But seriously, I love this site for many years and hope that it remains...

Love from Germany...

Alex :guitar:

Oh for god sake. He's not saying "f*** all his fans", he's not a f***ing moron! Stop being melodramatic.

At present, this site really is enough to put a new fan off Moz. I'm not saying it didn't save his career post-Maladjusted but still, the overwhelming negativity is terrible. Heck, even I sometimes find myself questioning things that I like, because this site is constantly labelling everything as bad, disappointing and a travesty - of course, it's your opinion, but his music is far more enjoyable before seeing it torn to pieces in the mouthes of people stuck in 1993. Rather than entice new fans in, I truly believe that it will be pushing them away.

Imagine, for example, someone other than a fan was listening to Janice Long and absolutely loved the new songs. They may shop around to try and find a decent recording of them and find themselves on here. God help them. They'd be put right off ever listening to him ever again after seeing what his supposed "fans" had to say.

And I'm not saying all his fans slag him off (and im not saying that he sometimes doesnt deserve critisism), I just propose a new site for those who I've mentioned: morrissey-solo1987-2004. Then you can have fun talking about how good his old stuff was and how shit his new stuff is without a small voice trying to tell you otherwise. Have fun. f*** Morrissey-solo.

This site used to be the most important Morrissey resource on the web. It got exclusives and it was a great source of news. However in my opinion, and I remember using the site as far back as 2002 if not earlier despite my profile saying I registered in 2006, it has gone down hill in the last few years and some of the site management and user experience has been reduced. The level of abuse and malevolent posts seems to increase, while the user experience has diminshed. I personally use the site less and less and rarely other than around tours sign in.

Being blunt the site appears to have descended into Lord of the Flies with moderation by Nurse Ratchett's monomaniacal and ruthless twin sister (any West Wing fans remember Sorkin's vicious portrayal of LemonLyman.com - it could have been about here :lbf: ) The treatment of some long standing and well respected posters and users has been fairly disgraceful. I won't name names, but expect posters will recognise who I mean.

Morrissey clearly reads the site, or has someone do it for him and pass on the tidbits, as in Dunoon he very sarcastically said "Well you aren't being very talkative are you?" when all the talk on here was about how little he was saying. I even waded in, when it was reported categorically that he said nothing. Of course then we see videos from Perth and Inverness when he was talking and joking between songs. That's the problem with obsession folks, it clouds your judgements and makes you believe what you want.

It must be very hard for those of you who put hours of your life into something for a good and positive reasons to hear that the object of your adoration and all your work dislikes and possibly even hates you. My sympathies, that must be hard to take. However, if you were a business or Government service, this is the same result as your biggest supplier refusing to trade with you or your central funding being cut. Both situations would call for a re-think and a change of strategy. I hope this disturbing and painful lesson provides some insight for the management and even the users of Morrissey-Solo.com.

I hope to keep reading this site, but with more frequency and to use it more, as it improves and moves on from this low point.

Oh for god sake. He's not saying "f*** all his fans", he's not a f***ing moron! Stop being melodramatic.

At present, this site really is enough to put a new fan off Moz. I'm not saying it didn't save his career post-Maladjusted but still, the overwhelming negativity is terrible. Heck, even I sometimes find myself questioning things that I like, because this site is constantly labelling everything as bad, disappointing and a travesty - of course, it's your opinion, but his music is far more enjoyable before seeing it torn to pieces in the mouthes of people stuck in 1993. Rather than entice new fans in, I truly believe that it will be pushing them away.

Imagine, for example, someone other than a fan was listening to Janice Long and absolutely loved the new songs. They may shop around to try and find a decent recording of them and find themselves on here. God help them. They'd be put right off ever listening to him ever again after seeing what his supposed "fans" had to say.

And I'm not saying all his fans slag him off (and im not saying that he sometimes doesnt deserve critisism), I just propose a new site for those who I've mentioned: morrissey-solo1987-2004. Then you can have fun talking about how good his old stuff was and how shit his new stuff is without a small voice trying to tell you otherwise. Have fun. f*** Morrissey-solo.

Well, actually he is saying just that. Because it isn't this site per se that says or does anything. All you find here is what people upload to or post on it. And these people are Morrissey fans. And if anyone presumes that somewhere, far from the internet world in Britannia's woods there exists a truer, purer, less critical fanbase than the one that's being represented by the people posting here, he is exactly what you term "a f***ing moron".

I hope he was just trying to make a brash statement

It's not his statement though is it? He borrowed it from MuteWitness616, one of the dullest, most humourless "ex" Solo members, via his faithful well-read Facebookish guitarist. Rejection is one thing, but rejection from a fool...Or two...Or three...

It was terribly inconsiderate of him to throw away the baby with the bathwater this way. By paying attention to this kind of people, he expressed very little care for the people who made this site, and those who stayed on it. He made it clear he only cares for dimwits who can't stand criticism. Well, he has a right to be upset by some of the comments here, and so do his musicians, but he took so much out of this site that he never gave back, one would expect at least him not to get a t.shirt idea from a not very bright resentful kid.

Of course, BB himself has never enjoyed checking this site, the appreciative comments, has never laughed at any banter, any pictures, any knitted doll. Surely not. How could he? It's such a crap site. so he suggests people should start others. I mean, how hypocritical can you get? Even if he was drunk, that's really scraping the barrel.

Now he (they) started a civil war because of an immature oversensitive kid, and they acted like immature insensitive kids themselves, mirroring the trolls they so despise. It'd be fine if they weren't fifty-year olds indebted to this site in a multitude of ways. It'd be fine if they didn't actually need this site in a multitude of ways.

They tested the love in a very dumb way, they're going to have the face the consequences one way or another.

I for one will from now on stay well away from the almighty BB's all-seeing vengeful puffy eyes. He can stay with his backstabbing moronic kind, I'll stay with mine. Oh, I'm sure they'll all live with that. f*** me too, right?

Just posting again in support of the site! Keep on keepin' on davidt! Everyone knows Morrissey is a control freak and it's got worse over the years. He can't bear the thought that far and away the most popular and most discussed website dedicated to him contains unfavourable postings (some fans can't deal with that either, apparently! You know who you are!).

Actually we all know this site is great for news and discussion too, - ignore the trolls, lighten up, get a life, make peace with forces on the internet that you ultimately can't control, and enjoy the very best way to keep up to date with all things Morrissey.

MORRISSEY IS NOT SOLO ANYMORE....that´s the reason for the shirt....

I've been coming to this site since 1997. Do I agree with everything posted on the site, no, but I will say that this site carried Morrissey through the lean years between Maladjusted and YATQ...it is pretty much the only thing that kept Morrissey fans connected, informed and passionate.
I don't care what he or anyone else says, I do believe this site has and always will be part of the reason Morrissey is still relevant.
Where do we find out about songs? Here
Where do we find out about tours?Here
Where do we find out about gossip good and bad? Here

Not a f***ing chance in hell would he been able to carry on at the rate he has without this site. I guarantee you this site has more hits than any other site associated with Moz. Are people here to talk shit sure. Got to any site with a forum, and people will be talking shit on anything from haircuts to reptile care...this is just another site that just happens to be abut something we love.

David, I might like everything that is posted on here, but I am man enough to say carry on and thank you for everything!

xoxo
long time fan of yours.

p.s.I don't like Mike Joyce much, but he is dead on, that version of TCM is pretty bad
p.p.s.I love the new songs btw

Completely and utterly agree. I've seen Morrissey over a dozen times (also since 97) and at least 10 of those were entirely because of this site. It seems odd that Morrissey should bite the hand that feeds (no MIM pun intended). Speaking of which though, I still eat meat despite admiring his stance. Similarly, regardless of his rather mean-spirited t-shirts (unless they were intended ironically?) I will continue to come to this site for as long as it exists, after which Moz will drop off my radar.

PS Also pleasantly surprised how good the new songs sound live compared to how middling they sounded on Janice Long.

Chin up David - you're doing a great job.

Well, actually he is saying just that. Because it isn't this site per se that says or does anything. All you find here is what people upload to or post on it. And these people are Morrissey fans. And if anyone presumes that somewhere, far from the internet world in Britannia's woods there exists a truer, purer, less critical fanbase than the one that's being represented by the people posting here, he is exactly what you term "a f***ing moron".

Yes that is true. However, to say a man is going to stand infront of his audience and say "f*** you all" is ludicrous. This site isn't true or pure anymore, in my opinion. It's murky and dark, filled with hate regardless of the gig, the song or the news story. And to term it "critical" is a joke. Yes, there are some impartial members who judge everything fairly, but very few. It's no longer a fanbase, it's simply a place to proclaim hate. Again, if that's your opinion, fine. But you shouldn't try to stifle other peoples enjoyment because you wish it was 20 years ago.

Attacking an element of your fanbase is always an intriging career move. The Gerard Ratner of popular music strikes again.

This place is obviously not fawning enough for Morrissey, which is odd as swathes of it would shame a Beiber site.

Why is there no label interest? Labels should be queuing up, and yet they aren't. Would you want to deal with him? I know I wouldn't. He sounds and acts like a bitter, nasty piece of work these days. As his appeal becomes more selective, as Spinal Tap's manager might put it, such shows of contempt for his fanbase will hardly help.

Who is responsible for his journey from the Hollywood Bowl to Dunoon Town Hall in the last two decades if not the man looking back at him in the mirror in the morning? When he sees that reflection recently he must think to himself "I know it's over."

It doesn't have to be.

What really riles me about 21st century Morrissey is that he is wasting his immense talent by surrounding himself with journeymen. If you compare his career trajectory with what I consider to be the other great lyricist of his generation, Nick Cave, the comparison is stark. Cave surrounds himself with truly great men and continues to deliver material that is both critically acclaimed and meets decent commercial success, albeit limited by its obviously niche nature.

Morrissey's fawning clique of clothes horses are not up to the job of supplying him with the music for him to hang his muse upon. He needs new blood and he needs it now. He needs to dump the lot of them, starting with Boorer, whose disinterest was palpable and embarrassing at Glastonbury, and get himself some fresh ideas.

Because, Get over yourself. Your arrogance is stifling.

Excellent, there go my worries about fitting in with the likes of you.

Jesus, see what I mean? No hope of coherent conversation.

Also, on an unrelated note, I find it quite funny that people are condemning Morrissey because he told this site to f*** off despite all the help it's given him. Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

Excellent, there go my worries about fitting in with the likes of you.

Jesus, see what I mean? No hope of coherent conversation.

Also, on an unrelated note, I find it quite funny that people are condemning Morrissey because he told this site to f*** off despite all the help it's given him. Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

This site has a bias and is inhabited by control freaks who even have to come here to police what others write when officially they started another, much better forum. I was hoping for better times and that they'd just leave for good, certainly haven't missed any of them and once they post again it is a terrible reminder of terrible times. It is funny that Morrissey is currently giving them these great concerts and pleasing them so much and giving them the moves they so much lust over. I am glad that I went to concerts where they were not present and where he did not behave this way and was more normal. Not for anything would I want to stand in the same room as them ever again in my life.

perhaps he's trying to help Julia by publically denouncing this site, but then again as nice as Morrissey's statements on TTY are, at the end of the day that site is extremely sycophantic and that really isn't what most of us want.

perhaps the reason morrissey-solo is more popular is because it gives an honest, warts and all account of Morrissey, and unlike TTY is regularly updated.

it's pretty ungrateful of him to dismiss Morrissey-solo given that this site was going throughout the 'wilderness' years (between Maladjusted and Quarry) and helped keep his support going really, giving them info about his 1999-2000 and 2002 tours.

in any case, a foolish move by Mozza, given that he's just given this site free publicity.

This site has a bias and is inhabited by control freaks who even have to come here to police what others write when officially they started another, much better forum. I was hoping for better times and that they'd just leave for good, certainly haven't missed any of them and once they post again it is a terrible reminder of terrible times. It is funny that Morrissey is currently giving them these great concerts and pleasing them so much and giving them the moves they so much lust over. I am glad that I went to concerts where they were not present and where he did not behave this way and was more normal. Not for anything would I want to stand in the same room as them ever again in my life.

Of course, how could I forget it was frowned upon to enjoy modern-day Morrissey by the control freaks who now inhabit this Morrissey fan site. I'm sure your non-attendance is welcomed by all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom