'Front of queue' privilege - is this still happenning or not?

sid james

Stone me!
Just spotted this post on the front page regarding the New York 5 day pass:
Happily I managed to get 2 5 night passes but according to an e mail from ticketmaster there is NO priority admission NOR any commemorative poster. Just 5 separate tickets at a discount!
Does anyone who managed to land a 5 day pass have any further information as to whether or not this 'front of queue privilege' is still happenning, or did you just receive 5 normal tickets?

I have to say I don't trust TM in this.
They "just" sell the tickets.
They didn't know about this package deal 2 days before they went on sale and I doubt they know all the ins and outs about this 5-day pass.
I still go with the information from Live Nation - they are the promoters of these shows.

I want to do some sightseeing as well when I'm in New York!

Hi, Jose!

Too bad I'm not going to NYC, otherwise I'd see you and a buncha Europeans and Brits I've met before.

I'm also worried that the front-of-the-queue-privilege is just a scam for both NYC and LA. Julia won't answer my emails, nor has Julia addressed the issue on tty. Other than the disavowed Aug. 22nd press release on tty and the adverts that appeared in the LA Weekly and NY Village Voice, there is no mention of these front-of-the-queue privileges. If Livenation do not honor front-of-the-queue privileges with the packages, I will find a way to bring a lawsuit against the promoter for fraud because of the adverts.

I am slightly put out that NYC gets a commemorative poster, and LA supposedly does not. Ten nights at the Palladium deserves something more than a lousy heat printed ticket and obligatory $19.50 shipping, doesn't it?

Hey Mel!

I'm definately printing the info from the Live Nation site where it says about the poster and the front of queue thing. Just in case they remove it.
And yes it was very strange that there was no mention of this on TTY.

I have a very strong feeling this offer isn't gonna happen after all..Kind of unfair..I wasn't planning on going to all five shows since I work till 5:00 but since we are supposidly offered front of the line status I bought the package..Will still be a great time no matter..

I order my tickets UPS so I should be receiving them very shortly..Will let you know if a poster was included..

Hi, Jose!

Too bad I'm not going to NYC, otherwise I'd see you and a buncha Europeans and Brits I've met before.

I'm also worried that the front-of-the-queue-privilege is just a scam for both NYC and LA. Julia won't answer my emails, nor has Julia addressed the issue on tty. Other than the disavowed Aug. 22nd press release on tty and the adverts that appeared in the LA Weekly and NY Village Voice, there is no mention of these front-of-the-queue privileges. If Livenation do not honor front-of-the-queue privileges with the packages, I will find a way to bring a lawsuit against the promoter for fraud because of the adverts.

I am slightly put out that NYC gets a commemorative poster, and LA supposedly does not. Ten nights at the Palladium deserves something more than a lousy heat printed ticket and obligatory $19.50 shipping, doesn't it?

I'm normally not litigious, but I agree with you. I appreciate the price break, but the main reason I bought the package instead of the three nights i actually need is so that I won't have to spend three entire days on the pavement. I'm going to NY for this, I at least want to go to some museums in the mornings and go line up later.

I'm keeping the faith that Livenation will come through. It was heavily advertised to us with the front-of-line privilege. I kept a copy of the Livenation page. We've got hard copies of the newspaper ads-someone does, I know. I just know that ticketmaster doesn't do fulfillment on them, so they won't know anything.

I do have an email in to Livenation, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I think I'll call now. BRB!

Well, guess what? You can't call LiveNation. Email only. Quelle surprise.

I'm hoping that the answer is a separate mailing with some kind of laminated pass and a poster. HOPING. And since the passes are all sold out, that could go out really soon, right? Right? They already knew to print 200 posters... hmmm... I'm not going to let this bother me, everything else has worked out so far.

Does anyone use the TM print it yourself option?
Count me in the lawsuit if the front of queue won't happen. I work in NJ so i won't be able to make to the city before 19:00 and frankly I am really not that keen on spending the whole day on the pavement...

I have already spent over $ 1,500.- on airfare, lodging and the Moz-5-day-pass and I don't want the be in the back every night! My initial plan was a 50/50 combination of a touristy week in NY and the Moz-shows.
If all I get to see is the front steps of the Hammerstein Ballroom just to be in the front, that's a lot of money wasted! :mad:
I could have waited for Moz to come back to Europe...
Like so many others the front of line privilege is about the only reason why I got this package deal, and it cost me a year of my life in stress alone ;)
I know that as a non-US citizen I probably can't participate in any lawsuit so I hope that won't be necessary and LiveNation will keep their promiss!

From the Live Nation website

A "Maximum Morrissey Ticket" will be made available eliminating all surcharges for any fans attending every show, which will provide a savings of over $50 in itself. Fans planning to attend all 5 shows will receive a special package price of $200 thereby saving $125 off of the individual tickets, as well as a commemorative poster, and they will be allowed to go to the front of the line each night so they can be the first ones in the building and closest to the stage.

for anyone who printed their tickets, did it indicate on them anywhere that it was part of the maximum morrissey package?

I bought the Maximum Morrissey package, and I chose the print at home option...there is nothing on the tickets, as far as I can tell, giving me any "special privileges" or "VIP status"....looks like I'll be sleeping on the pavement all day. Again.

I bought the Maximum Morrissey package, and I chose the print at home option...there is nothing on the tickets, as far as I can tell, giving me any "special privileges" or "VIP status"....looks like I'll be sleeping on the pavement all day. Again.

Well, that doesn't sound good... :eek:
I'm sending Live Nation an e-mail tomorrow.

Livenation may still plan to provide a separate pass to those with 5 day package...they probably have everyone's email address through TM.

or the barcode contains the info that it's a 5 day pass.

the commemorative poster may be provided on the day of the show.

these are my guesses.

since we all spent a lot of money not just for the tix but also for flights, hotels etc we should team up on monday and fight for our promised (and well paid) benefits.

i guess quite a good amount of those 200 are solo-members. we should meet there - even 50 voices of excited mozz-fans wanting their 'front of queue privilege' would speak louder than just one.

just a thought ;-)

since we all spent a lot of money not just for the tix but also for flights, hotels etc we should team up on monday and fight for our promised (and well paid) benefits.

i guess quite a good amount of those 200 are solo-members. we should meet there - even 50 voices of excited mozz-fans wanting their 'front of queue privilege' would speak louder than just one.

just a thought ;-)

I think a mob of pissed off solo members (including myself) might make the evening news.

Hey PFTLT, Here is the # to Live Nation 212-777-1224. Good luck! Please post any info that you get.

Back
Top Bottom