From Morrissey to Morrisons ....

Mad Vespa

A new angle for the p*ss take, I was on a night out at the weekend, sporting the black T-shirt with the white calligrapy Moz on it when I met a half cut comedian who pronunced 'Ah! Morrisons! have you come here straight from your shift then?!!"

I have to say, I laughed. He also asked me if I liked of The Smythe's, like The Smith's only they're from Cheshire. :D

Any others met a similar wit?

Not necessarily witty but often when I name Morrissey as my favourite artist, people go "well but he's been dead for some time, no?" thinking I'm talking of Jim Morrisson.

Geez. And I'm getting tired of explaining, mind you...

The biggest laugh I get when speaking to people is the 'Miserable Morrissey' and the 'slit your wrists', jibes :mad:

Bloody phillistines the lot o' them ;)

I quite frequently wear my Smiths/ Moz t-shirts in the hope I may find a fellow fan one day, I don't know whether it's the crappy area I live in, but most people seem oblivious. I do find men seem to look at them more though, and when I was wearing the fabulous 'Your Arsenal' cover t-shirt, one guy almost walked into me as he was going by he was that taken with it, quite amusing!

My best friend finds it funny that I love Morrissey and The Smiths. But he must be right because he likes crap such as Fall Out Boy and all the other emo turd :mad:

He says that Morrissey is just depressing. This is despite the fact that he has never listened to a Morrissey song. Oh dear.

It really bugs me when people make fun of Morrissey when they haven't really heard of him. They don't understand just how popular and well-respected he really is. It's a shame. :(

My dad said if Morrissey was black the band would have been called The Blacksmiths!

He's a biggot!!

Once i was out shopping and some old fool who was cleaning windows said "what does that say ...meat is murder?! you dont belive that do you?!"

i said "only on bank holidays":rolleyes:

celibate cries said:
Once i was out shopping and some old fool who was cleaning windows said "what does that say ...meat is murder?! you dont belive that do you?!"

i said "only on bank holidays":rolleyes:

Could have been exactly what Morrissey himself would have said!
:D

hmm...No, but I saw a guy with a 'Queen is Dead' t-shirt on at work, which I was quite excited about, not so many Smiths/Mozz fans that I know of down here.

I wanted to chase him around the store and give him a big hug but I thought it would be a little bit strange.

SRA said:
hmm...No, but I saw a guy with a 'Queen is Dead' t-shirt on at work, which I was quite excited about, not so many Smiths/Mozz fans that I know of down here.

I wanted to chase him around the store and give him a big hug but I thought it would be a little bit strange.

I saw a guy at our bookshop wearing a Hatful Of Hollow t-shirt the other day and he noticed me do a double take and smile; i wanted to say 'nice t-shirt' and strike up a conversation with him about Mozzer, but his wife was stood with him and i'd been momentarily surprised mid-stride, so the words never emerged. I did later see him point out my deliberate prominent placing of Morrissey books in the Entertainment section of the store though; i'm working on converting our customers.
I don't know if this happens to fans of other bands / singers, but whenever i see a fellow fan whilst going about my daily business, i get a slight adrenaline rush.
As for the Morrissey / Morrisons thing, there've been several (Freudian?) slips on my part, anouncing that "i'm off to Morrissey's for some shopping".

Young And Alive said:
My best friend finds it funny that I love Morrissey and The Smiths. But he must be right because he likes crap such as Fall Out Boy and all the other emo turd :mad:

He says that Morrissey is just depressing. This is despite the fact that he has never listened to a Morrissey song. Oh dear.

It really bugs me when people make fun of Morrissey when they haven't really heard of him. They don't understand just how popular and well-respected he really is. It's a shame. :(

Well said, I know how you feel!:)

Mad Vespa said:
A new angle for the p*ss take, I was on a night out at the weekend, sporting the black T-shirt with the white calligrapy Moz on it when I met a half cut comedian who pronunced 'Ah! Morrisons! have you come here straight from your shift then?!!"

I have to say, I laughed. He also asked me if I liked of The Smythe's, like The Smith's only they're from Cheshire. :D

Any others met a similar wit?

Oh my god!! Met this gorgeous girl the other week and she looked at my top for ages and said "morrissons!" i had to correct her!!!

Trouble loves me said:
I don't know if this happens to fans of other bands / singers, but whenever i see a fellow fan whilst going about my daily business, i get a slight adrenaline rush.

I once saw a guy wearing a Smiths t-shirt at some obscure musical event in Moscow and totally felt like I found a long lost brother. I declared my eternal love to him immediately. He was rather surprised.

Trouble loves me said:

I get that too, especially if I see someone in a Grateful Dead t-shirt. I simply have to ask them where they got it. They probably think I'm an absolute weirdo but us English GD fans, we have to stick together!

Even at Moz concerts I still get excited when I see people in Smiths/Moz shirts, which is stupid I know. It's like heaven, loads of gorgeous guys in Queen Is Dead t-shirts. Like Sister, I want to declare me love for them all!

Trouble loves me said:
I saw a guy at our bookshop wearing a Hatful Of Hollow t-shirt the other day and he noticed me do a double take and smile; i wanted to say 'nice t-shirt' and strike up a conversation with him about Mozzer, but his wife was stood with him and i'd been momentarily surprised mid-stride, so the words never emerged. I did later see him point out my deliberate prominent placing of Morrissey books in the Entertainment section of the store though; i'm working on converting our customers.
As for the Morrissey / Morrisons thing, there've been several (Freudian?) slips on my part, anouncing that "i'm off to Morrissey's for some shopping".

A few weeks ago I said to my mum "Did you get that in Morrissey's?". Thankfully she never noticed.:D

I probably never seen anyone (except in the concert) with a smiths/moz t shirt, it's rather depressing seeing the youth of my nation with my chemical romance and dream theater t shirts, and never a single mozie one :(

How sad is this for the last year I have always worn a Smiths/Morrissey t-shirt, even at school I wear one under my uniform, I get ocassional odd looks when wearing my Meat Is Murder shirt

Practising Troublemaker said:
How sad is this for the last year I have always worn a Smiths/Morrissey t-shirt, even at school I wear one under my uniform, I get ocassional odd looks when wearing my Meat Is Murder shirt

Not sad ... character building. I persevered through my teenagage years and twenties with my band t-shirts and found out years later that my peers were justifably quite impressed and admired my unfailing loyalty to these bands. If you really believe it, stick with it. You can at least hold your head up and say 'this is mine'. :)

The stupidest thing I've heard when I've said that I'm a Morrissey fan is "Morrissey? You mean Alanis Morissette, don't you?"

It's so depressing that some people don't even know who he is...

Back
Top Bottom