Morrissey Central France, Belgium concerts and 1 UK date announced (January 10, 2023)

morrisseyofficial-10012023-0001.jpg

official_morrissey_central-10012023-0001.jpg

Morrissey has today announced a new London headline show at Eventim Apollo on Sunday 19th March. This show is part of a European tour that includes dates in France and Belgium. Tickets for the shows go on general sale Friday 13th January at 10am (local time)
2023 Tour Dates
Wed 08 March | Paris Salle Pleyel, France
Wed 09 March | Paris Salle Pleyel, France
Sun 12 March | Lyon Amphitheatre, France
Mon 13 March Strasbourg Salle Erasme, France
Wed 15 March | Antwerp Stadsschouwburg Theatre, Belgium
Thu 16 March | Brussels Bozar Theatre, Belgium
Sun 19 March | London Eventim Apollo

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now it's only two days left for the first date. Are you excited? It's a small "tour" with only 7 dates, so this must feel very special to those who are lucky to go.

Here's my setlist prediction for the first night in Paris:

First Of The Gang To Die / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Billy Budd / Our Frank / Rebels Without Applause / Bonfire of Teenagers / Notre-Dame / Jim Jim Falls / Without Music the World Dies / The Loop / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Suspicious Minds / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rubber Ring / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

I think that the set matters less than the interaction with the audience, and I hope Morrissey will see that the audience is made up of individuals, some being devotees who travel vast distances and others locals fans or just those looking for a good concert for their money. I hope he won't be like the school teacher who punishes the whole class for the wrongs of the few who are disrespectful or disruptive, and who turns the good student against him in the process.

I wish everyone who attends a great evening, although I'm still a bit sad that there weren't more European dates but it is what it is and I'm sure those who attend share the experience somewhere. I'm curious for the setlist, really hope we're getting something new to ease the waiting 🤞🤞🤞

Here's my setlist prediction for the first night in Paris:

First Of The Gang To Die / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Billy Budd / Our Frank / Rebels Without Applause / Bonfire of Teenagers / Notre-Dame / Jim Jim Falls / Without Music the World Dies / The Loop / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Suspicious Minds / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rubber Ring / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan
cant see him doing anything from the new album,might get one from bonire that we havent heard.

cant see him doing anything from the new album,might get one from bonire that we havent heard.
I know what you mean, it seems too soon to play songs off an album that's so freshly recorded and could be *ages* away from being released, but...maybe him and the band are really into those songs and they just wanna have some fun? We shall see!

His setlist often includes a cover. Suspicious Minds is perhaps a possibility.
Other new material is unlikely, although I love the idea of playing Bonfire and Notre Dame back to back. It would really set the world on fire.

If BOT really is dead and not going to be released as he's announced... then I would expect we'll hear more BOT songs live. My sense is he'll play nothing from WMTWD... but who knows... these are wild times.

La Liste...

Note: these will repeat in the concert thread.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1678546027859.jpg
FB_IMG_1678546025790.jpg
FB_IMG_1678546023475.jpg
FB_IMG_1678546020723.jpg

Images courtesy of HJ.
Appearing ready for tomorrow @ Lyon.
FWD.

Strasbourg 🙃

Tags
tour

Trending Threads