Morrissey Central France, Belgium concerts and 1 UK date announced (January 10, 2023)

morrisseyofficial-10012023-0001.jpg

official_morrissey_central-10012023-0001.jpg

Morrissey has today announced a new London headline show at Eventim Apollo on Sunday 19th March. This show is part of a European tour that includes dates in France and Belgium. Tickets for the shows go on general sale Friday 13th January at 10am (local time)
2023 Tour Dates
Wed 08 March | Paris Salle Pleyel, France
Wed 09 March | Paris Salle Pleyel, France
Sun 12 March | Lyon Amphitheatre, France
Mon 13 March Strasbourg Salle Erasme, France
Wed 15 March | Antwerp Stadsschouwburg Theatre, Belgium
Thu 16 March | Brussels Bozar Theatre, Belgium
Sun 19 March | London Eventim Apollo

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm usually the voice of doom round here when talking about his crumbling fanbase but I really think you're exaggerating how bad things are.
The fanbase (London and national) clearly did shrink a lot in the bleak For Britain-supporting era but he is certainly in no worse a position now than the relatively successful UK tour last autumn. He hasn't done or said anything to frighten off anyone since then, and the longer he goes without expressing support for Farage/Waters etc. the more the fanbase will probably gradually recover.
The combined capacity of the London venues he played last October is 7,000 - most but not all of which were sold.
So, another 5,000 tickets in London offered barely two months later was never going to sell out quickly. Yes, he has lost fans since pre 2018 (when he could shift 15-20,000 tickets in London) but things haven't got any worse since October, and will probably continue to pick up slowly, the more time passes since the toxic For Britain era.
So you don't think his latest diatribe has anything wrong in it that would put more people off then? I think you may need to rethink that. He rekindled the whole far right debate by just mentioning that he wasn't far right together with the , putting it politely, inaccuracies regarding Miley, and his outright lie that he has never been political, all completely unwise from a PR perspective.

"relatively successful UK tour" that is a matter of perspective.

You also think he hasn't said anything bad since 2018? You may need to take a closer look at all the posts on his official website since 2018. Posting of Infowars videos, describing diversity as a "dumbing down", the list goes on.....

If you think his fanbase will recover then I think you may be the one exaggerating how good things are.

He has no record label that will go near him, he has lost his management company and has no PR representative and is unable to release an album.

October to March is 5 months apart. That shouldn't be a problem for Morrissey to shift 5000 tickets from a UK population of 68 million. Standing tickets always used to sell out within minutes but there are plenty still available after 6 days.

Your "most but not all of which were sold" point is valid point but not really quantitive. He didn't sell them out and there were whole sections of the Royal Albert Hall that weren't even put on sale. That was only in October and 2 years since any previous London dates. That too should have easily sold out.

I don't think I am exaggerating anything. Just stating the facts. It all depends on the colour of your glasses I guess.

So you don't think his latest diatribe has anything wrong in it that would put more people off then? I think you may need to rethink that. He rekindled the whole far right debate by just mentioning that he wasn't far right together with the , putting it politely, inaccuracies regarding Miley, and his outright lie that he has never been political, all completely unwise from a PR perspective.

"relatively successful UK tour" that is a matter of perspective.

You also think he hasn't said anything bad since 2018? You may need to take a closer look at all the posts on his official website since 2018. Posting of Infowars videos, describing diversity as a "dumbing down", the list goes on.....

If you think his fanbase will recover then I think you may be the one exaggerating how good things are.

He has no record label that will go near him, he has lost his management company and has no PR representative and is unable to release an album.

October to March is 5 months apart. That shouldn't be a problem for Morrissey to shift 5000 tickets from a UK population of 68 million. Standing tickets always used to sell out within minutes but there are plenty still available after 6 days.

Your "most but not all of which were sold" point is valid point but not really quantitive. He didn't sell them out and there were whole sections of the Royal Albert Hall that weren't even put on sale. That was only in October and 2 years since any previous London dates. That too should have easily sold out.

I don't think I am exaggerating anything. Just stating the facts. It all depends on the colour of your glasses I guess.

Nah - he's fine.

Even the mystery of Central has been solved.

Nah - he's fine.

Even the mystery of Central has been solved.
amusing.

If you say the inability to release an album and not being able to sell 5000 tickets for the only UK date in a country with 68 million is fine maybe you are right. Not sure he will be thinking that.

Standing tickets still available on see tickets at 'normal' price today

STILL: Standing tickets still available on see tickets at 'normal' price today. Sat 21st

Ticket prices at Salle Pleyel:
Carré Or139 €
Cat 1100,50 €
Cat 273 €
Debout84 €

But that joke isn't funny anymore........

.........................My apologies, isn't a joke :squiffy: :crazy:

and remember to hide the silverware.

For Antwerp and Brussels tickets available for 110 Euro or up. Definitely the highest prized Moz-shows I’ve been to.

the riches of the EU

It's not official? A Morrissey concert isn't official until you're walking home afterwards. Ha ha! Just had to see what it's like making a cancelation joke ;)

This is why I am going to Paris with a full agenda which includes shopping, eating the most delicious food, and taking discreet meetings with members of Macrons government. I'm not kidding.

This is why I am going to Paris with a full agenda

Morrissey's timing being...what it is, those dates are aligned with what looks like a general strike.
Travelling ( and everything else) might prove very difficult.
And even if the gigs aren't cancelled by Morrissey, they might be anyway, as they might not find anyone to open the doors of the venue...:p

Ticketmaster have lost the plot, my mate who wasn't sure if he could make the Hammersmith gig, now can. He got a resale ticket for £90 via Tickemaster while Tickemaster new tickets are £128.

Tags
tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom