Framing my signed YOR vinyl...

majic_johnson

Not sure if this should be in the collectors corner but...
I want to get my YOR signed vinyl professionally framed but i have two questions:
Would the vinyl get warped or damaged in time being up on a wall framed?

Would the sleeve get damaged?

How much would the framing cost as a ball point figure?

Oh yeah that was three questions :thumb:

How about an LP size frame from HMV or some other record stores?
I saw them in Rough Trade the other day, but couldn't find them from their website.

i just used a double sided glass frame i got from target and centered it

dsc00505h.jpg

Is the record factory sealed? If not, just frame the sleeve.

Use a glass or plexi that has UV blocking properties. I'd suggest calling round to your local framers and asking for a floater frame with UV plexi.

IKEA sell a few 50x50 frames with 30x30 mounts - the lp will fit snugly inside the mounts and will will not be squashed by the glass as the mount is roughly the same depth as the sleeve. Here's one, but there are others http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90142929

I take Beau's point about UV protection, but when I've asked at my framing shop, i've just got blank looks. Mount the lp on a wall that isn't in direct sunlight. As for protecting a valuable item... lets face it, they are expensive and desirable now (i'd love one) but they will only come down in value as people sell them off in the next few years... or if Moz continues to kock them out at Autumn gigs.

Dave

Thanks very much for the info guys, so would it be best do you think for me to take out the vinyl and keep it in the inner sleeve, protected by a clear plastic sleeve? and store it away with the rest of my vinyl?

Thanks very much for the info guys, so would it be best do you think for me to take out the vinyl and keep it in the inner sleeve, protected by a clear plastic sleeve? and store it away with the rest of my vinyl?

yes :)

Personally, I would remove the vinyl from the inner sleeve and keep it in a generic inner sleeve (covers33.co.uk?) and store the inner inside the sleeve, else you'll find the edges of the inner sleeve can get damaged by the vinyl.

Personally, I would remove the vinyl from the inner sleeve and keep it in a generic inner sleeve (covers33.co.uk?) and store the inner inside the sleeve, else you'll find the edges of the inner sleeve can get damaged by the vinyl.

thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom