Fox Theater, Oakland, CA - Nov. 18, 2022: FLAC IEM recording A+ quality

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
43.jpg

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

This was just passed to me via Dime.
Thank you to the kind tipster - blown away by this "IEM" recording.
As this approach to gigs was new to me I sought advice:
IEM (inner ear monitor) signals are captured via tuners that detect each different IEM signal on a specific frequency that the IEM taper can access. Band members who wear IEM's (not Morrissey, who doesn't wear them) have specific instruments in their individual mix, depending on their specific interests.
So the IEM taper records each individual IEM, then mixes it later (this recording actually includes a tiny bit of an audience element in the mix to add to the ambience).
This is certainly a different experience to audience recordings & soundboards though - you can hear a variety of sources.
Absolutely worth a listen and a must own IMHO.

A huge thanks to Hoserama/Sharebear for introducing myself to IEM recordings - their efforts are greatly appreciated and it was fascinating to listen to.
Give them some thanks & kudos on Dime if you frequent there.

The file below is exactly what was shared and is FLAC:

~487mb

Again, thank you to those sharing.
Things certainly have progressed since I first ever shoved a tape recorder down my cod piece.
Regards,
FWD.

To add (from the included txt notes):

Show Notes:
Not my usual cup of tea, but JL made a good effort to talk me into to coming out for this one. Sounded like a pretty standard representation of a Morrissey show without any tantrums or messes (unlike Hollywood the week prior). Sounded good vocally, kept to the music with very little talking to the crowd.

Funny thing at soundcheck. Big tour bus pulls in about 4:20PM, and the band starts soundchecking shortly afterwards. Then another bus pulls in about 5:30PM, and Morrissey sings about 2 songs with the band then splits. Band continues until almost 6:30PM. I wonder how much interaction Morrissey has with the band outside of being onstage.

Recording Notes:
Interesting assortment of IEM feeds. It appears one of the guitarist isn't on ears, and of course Morrissey isn't either. I was able to do some spatial extractions and isolated the missing guitarist pretty nicely. Then the vocals are pulled from multiple feeds using the new spiffy AI-stem extractors. Sometimes there will be some artifacts, and just won't be as clean as a upfront vocals feed. But overall, came together pretty well. JL's schoeps source filled out the mix nicely since the IEM feeds have little-no audience noise.
--
As always, encouraging people to get into taping and mixing. Just take the craft seriously and it will reward you many times over. There's no point in complaining about missing recordings or subpar quality if you're not contributing--pushing 1's and 0's around on the internet is no comparison for taping.
--
IEM recordings are not for everyone. If not they're not your thing, either sonically or ethically, well at least you didn't spend any money on this.

Similarly, I'm mixing primarily for my ears. This is what sounds best to me. This may not sound best to you. That's a fair statement. I'm open to honest criticism (although you should have caught me when I was working on the mix!), but pointless complaining is unappreciated (naturally). Let's play nice.

(by Hoserama/Sharebear).

Out of respect for the recorder's wishes:
This will not be shared/re-encoded in any other format nor shared with any alterations.
(It will not be continually re-upped either - visit Downloads a mere once a week and you won't miss anything).
FWD.

Thanks for this! I am looking forward to checking it out. Good tip on visiting Downloads weekly as to not miss anything.

oh christ. I hope i get home from work before this is not available mate
in answer to hanging with the band. he does it here and there. He hangs with Jesse here and there. That's it,
He keeps his mates separate. He has his old friends. His famous friends and his band friends and rarely do they cross over,
He is a follower of the George Costanza Worlds theory, it would seem

Did I mention how good this was?
There is a completely different band sound using this technique - keys, tambourine all can be heard.
The band's backing vocals really stand out too.
Get while the gettin's good.
FWD.

This sound awesome! The best sounding recording of this tour IMO. How do they get the IEM feeds? Just curious. Is this something they get wireless?

Did I mention how good this was?
There is a completely different band sound using this technique - keys, tambourine all can be heard.
The band's backing vocals really stand out too.
Get while the gettin's good.
FWD.
That was really fecking good. I think the version of rebel on there, is the best yet. I wonder if they have any more M ones?
So basically they hack the bands stuff and get the voice from somewhere

It's like a different concert to the one I heard on YouTube. His voice is clearer too.

This is the Petrock2000 version of the gig.
I was waiting to gauge reaction to the first version before upping this.
Not sure as to why it is double the size of the previous version though (800+mb).
Again, exactly as shared - with all kudos & credit to Hoserama & Petrock2000.

~814mb

Regards,
FWD.

(This is a one off post - visit Dime if you've missed it here - I think it's a bit excessive in size for one gig myself).

This is the Petrock2000 version of the gig.
I was waiting to gauge reaction to the first version before upping this.
Not sure as to why it is double the size of the previous version though (800+mb).
Again, exactly as shared - with all kudos & credit to Hoserama & Petrock2000.

~814mb

Regards,
FWD.

(This is a one off post - visit Dime if you've missed it here - I think it's a bit excessive in size for one gig myself).
After a quick listen, i prefer the sound of the Petrock2000 version,
and the set list is in the correct order.
Again a big thank you to you, nice christmas gift.
Best Regards
PIVI16

Back
Top Bottom