Fountain Records Manchester - Quarry platinum / Bona Drag gold

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
I know there's buyers of this type of thing here - so just a heads up.
Both previously belonging to Tracie Lees.
They are divulging the price via their FB page inbox.

ebd3a5b2f0ad361d4ad15dab326cf5b1.jpg

5dbac5f4cb5785af6b9e7150062418a8.jpg

More pictures at:

Regards,
FWD.

Nice to look at, but they’re just in-house awards arnt they? You want the proper BPI or RIAA awards. Who’s tracie lees anyway?

I have this, is it worth anything ? ...... fingers crossed, but probably not, it’s from a Robert Plant album
09A74D87-72D6-42B6-9988-486540FCC1BE.jpeg

Nice to look at, but they’re just in-house awards arnt they? You want the proper BPI or RIAA awards. Who’s tracie lees anyway?

They are very similar to the BPI version. I have one for Brotherhood by New Order and the words are "In recognition of sales of over 500K albums", underneath it says number 2 of 50?

Yes, I think they are in-house.
I only pointed out the name as it has a bit more provenance than some of those generic things with gold spray paint / dodgy brass plaques you see out there.
Can't find any reference to her with the companies at the time though.
The Quarry one looks nice.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I have this, is it worth anything ? ...... fingers crossed, but probably not, it’s from a Robert Plant albumView attachment 46435

That’s probably worth to a Robert Plant collector what a Morrissey RIAA gold disc would be with to a Morrissey collector. So yes, of course it’s worth something, to the right person, and a right few quid I would imagine.

That’s probably worth to a Robert Plant collector what a Morrissey RIAA gold disc would be with to a Morrissey collector. So yes, of course it’s worth something, to the right person, and a right few quid I would imagine.
Thank you

You could make the bona drag one pretty easily. Or both?

A 1994 award using a Parlophone cd that wasn't re-released until 1995??

Shouldn't the cd displayed be the original HMV issue?

Back
Top Bottom