FOS discussion

Can anyone explain in two to three sentences what it is you people are arguing over?

In case anyone is interested, my two cents: Kevin Spacey is a monumental sleaze bag and Anthony Rapp is a monumental opportunist. When I was fourteen and would follow a 48 year old to his hotel room/bed room whatever I knew we weren’t going to play Scrabble.

Andrew Tate is a knob but we can’t ban/cancel everyone who is a knob.

Free speech but no incitement to violence and hate speech!

Regarding Morrissey: I used to be in the “Morrissey is a knob” camp because The Guardian told me so, but he is steadfast and not wrong on a lot of things, and I have nothing but admiration for him these days (and I’ll always be grateful to him for saving my life when I was a young gayling). ❤️
I'm not sure, there have been a few twists 'n' turns on this, so I can understand any confusion; but I think it started out about freedom of speech, then took a religious turn, then the latest bit seems to be about Spacey. I'm sure things will become much clearer once we reach page 20. :lbf:

That doesn't change it.

He's against physical attacks & he doesn't think the story rang true.

& the story actually wasn't true.

Oh dear

It is the reason why he thought it wasn't true that is the problem, not whether it was actually untrue and what the outcome of that battery case was.

On the same basis I assume Morrissey also thinks that the many offences Spacey has been charged with in the Uk and will be facing trial for this year are also not true.

At what point do you think would Morrissey think someone claiming they were sexually abused should be listened to before stating publicly that it sounds untrue?

I'm not sure, there have been a few twists 'n' turns on this, so I can understand any confusion; but I think it started out about freedom of speech, then took a religious turn, then the latest bit seems to be about Spacey. I'm sure things will become much clearer once we reach page 20. :lbf:
The claim was made Moz's freedom of speech was taken away in another thread, a moderator moved it here - I think. I am waiting for the evidence while rehashing the Spacey thing for the millionth time, which was actually used to prove or attempt to prove no one has silenced Moz, he has basically said enough vile things to make fans not want to be fans anymore. I have skipped a lot of posts on here because :crazy: but I trust you got the rest right.

You keep repeating yourself... on this Morrissey website.
It's not a website run by Morrissey, it's run by someone who was banned from attending Morrissey shows by Morrissey.

Morrissey has expressed his dislike of this site more times than you have said, "it didn't happen".

There are many people on these public forums who question what he says but that doesn't mean they can't express those views on here. That is freedom to speak.

There is really no point in engaging with you further because no matter what he says you will always think it can only be true and accurate because you are unable to think for yourself.

To love and follow someone you don't have to always think they are right even if they aren't.

In fact that isn't love but blind obsession.

Good luck

Can anyone explain in two to three sentences what it is you people are arguing over?

In case anyone is interested, my two cents: Kevin Spacey is a monumental sleaze bag and Anthony Rapp is a monumental opportunist. When I was fourteen and would follow a 48 year old to his hotel room/bed room whatever I knew we weren’t going to play Scrabble.

Regarding Morrissey: I used to be in the “Morrissey is a knob” camp because The Guardian told me so, but he is steadfast and not wrong on a lot of things, and I have nothing but admiration for him these days (and I’ll always be grateful to him for saving my life when I was a young gayling). And thank you for the music! ❤️
If you were in a "Morrissey is a knob" camp because The Guardian told you then I think you were a knob.

If you went into a bedroom with a 48 year old when you were 14 then you were sexually abused by a paedophile regardless of whether you knew what you were doing. The person still responsible for that abuse is the 48 year old not you.

Regarding Morrissey: I used to be in the “Morrissey is a knob” camp because The Guardian told me so, but he is steadfast and not wrong on a lot of things, and I have nothing but admiration for him these days (and I’ll always be grateful to him for saving my life when I was a young gayling). And thank you for the music! ❤️
It is quite simple really but for some odd reason it has gone into trans gender issues, pro women activists, religious issues, and the Spacey vs Rabb civil battery case.

But it started with a point about whether Morrissey has been silenced because of an orchestrated plan or is it purely that many fans decided to not follow him anymore because they didn't like what he was saying.

Morrissey believes it is all because of an pre planned orchestrated deliberately thought out plan to silence him.

I did answer your question. I told you I had been a traditional Catholic, and I described traditional Catholics as Catholics who reject the reforms of Vatican II. That's what I believed: that the council represented a rupture with tradition.

I can see your sleight of hand with the numbers. True, as you point out, the worldwide Catholic population is estimated at 1.2 billion, but the Vatican is concerned not just with people, but with money. Catholics from the developing world may be numerous and devout, but they are not collectively rich and cannot sustain the Church's coffers. And many of the 1.2 billion, especially in Europe and North America, identify as Catholic but are essentially only cultural or nominal Catholics. They're not committed, either in attendance or with their wallets. Pope Francis is rightly concerned about the growth of traditional Catholicism, because it appeals to a small but crucial portion of the faithful the Church needs.

You're right that traditionalist groups have been around for decades, but if you've written books on Vatican II and attended events of the SSPX, then you must know that interest in the Latin Mass surged after Pope Benedict's universal indult in 2007. His intent was ecumenical: to bring the SSPX and other quasi-schismatic groups back into the fold. But the plan backfired, and more Catholics in the wealthy West started to take an interest in the "Extraordinary Form" and began grumbling about modernist Rome. The pandemic only made things worse. When diocesan parishes closed in obedience to the lockdowns, many Latin Mass parishes refused to offer their grain of incense, and stayed open. Francis is trying to put the lid back on Pandora's box.

Crisis-TLM-Survey-3-620x382.png

Not much. You're the one who's pressing for details of my personal piety. I've told you (and I guess you already know) that traditional Catholicism is gaining momentum, and that its views on a woman's place are closer to the teachings of Trent than those of the 1970s. Should we get back on topic?
You are still confusing things and you keep mentioning The Latin Mass. Huge numbers of parishes have a Latin mass on a Sunday and the pope himself celebrates Latin masses in Rome.

The Latin Mass isn't something the Pope has a problem with nor does Vatican II. What the Pope and Vatican II has a problem with is the Tridentine Mass which isn't just different in that it is in Latin.

Telling me what traditional Catholicism is isn't the same as telling me what you did that made you a "traditional Catholic" as you state. So what did you do that made you state your were a "traditional Catholic" that made you different from every other Catholic on the street? Did you attend Tridentine masses? There aren’t many places that is possible.

There is an element of truth regarding money, or at least that is what some minority supporters such as the FFSP and supporters of the usus antiquor believe.

Their argument is that the likes of Germany which has 22 million Catholics who by vote don’t support these ancient traditions bring in 6.73 billion euros to the Catholic Church in net tax revenue annually. Conversely the income from traditional communities number less than 1 million globally and their financial income to the coffers is negligible.

When I was fourteen and would follow a 48 year old to his hotel room/bed room whatever I knew we weren't going to play Scrabble.

Exactly that. But you are not allowed to say that. Cue clutching of pearls and frothing at the mouth. That is victim blaming. Victims must always be believed. It's one of the woke articles of faith: Blessed are the victims - they have 'their truth' - they must always be believed.

When I was fourteen and would follow a 48 year old to his hotel room/bed room whatever I knew we weren't going to play Scrabble.

Exactly that. But you are not allowed to say that. Cue clutching of pearls and frothing at the mouth. That is victim blaming. Victims must always be believed. It's one of the woke articles of faith: Blessed are the victims - they have 'their truth' - they must always be believed.
Just because one person does that and enjoys it, no matter how twisted it is, does not mean other children want or enjoy that kind of activity nor should they be participating in it. It is despicable that you 2 are putting a positive spin on pedophilia, considering the parties involved it's not a surprise. Further, Rapp did not follow anyone to a hotel room, he was invited to a party with other people and went. I know there are some sick people here but could you 2 possibly keep it to yourselves, this is not the first time you endorsed sexual assault. The decent people have made it quite clear they are tired of the filth on this board, this 'revelation' is not any different than the 'poetry' and other things posted here, it's just as objectionable. Whether the other 14 year old in question was willing or not, it's still pedophilia, that person is still a victim, it is quite alarming that you don't get that.
It's not 'woke' to be against child sexual abuse or sexual abuse of anyone, wtf is wrong with you. You must be one of those people on the Left trying to normalize pedophilia, because there is not a good explanation for your hideous comments and mocking.

Last edited:
Just because one person does that and enjoys it, no matter how twisted it is, does not mean other children want or enjoy that kind of activity nor should they be participating in it. It is despicable that you 2 are putting a positive spin on pedophilia, considering the parties involved it's not a surprise. Further, Rapp did not follow anyone to a hotel room, he was invited to a party with other people and went. I know there are some sick people here but could you 2 possibly keep it to yourselves, this is not the first time you endorsed sexual assault. The decent people have made it quite clear they are tired of the filth on this board, this 'revelation' is not any different than the 'poetry' and other things posted here, it's just as objectionable. Whether the other 14 year old in question was willing or not, it's still pedophilia, that person is still a victim, it is quite alarming that you don't get that.
It's not 'woke' to be against child sexual abuse or sexual abuse of anyone, wtf is wrong with you. You must be one of those people on the Left trying to normalize pedophilia, because there is not a good explanation for your hideous comments and mocking.
I think what gashonthenail was saying, is that Rapp may have made a false accusation, which in my mind, is possible. I've been a victim of sexual assault as a child many times as a runaway, so I know it happens, but I've also been the victim of a false accusation, by a teacher who said that I molested her. I was 12 years old and never touched her. I lost my foster home because of her lie.

I think what gashonthenail was saying, is that Rapp may have made a false accusation, which in my mind, is possible. I've been a victim of sexual assault as a child many times as a runaway, so I know it happens, but I've also been the victim of a false accusation, by a teacher who said that I molested her. I was 12 years old and never touched her. I lost my foster home because of her lie.
Yes, we know all about you, you have posted it about 5 million times and I have told you I do not want to read your stories anymore.

How caring and compassionate you sound...
I am not her therapist and there have been a lot of people who have asked her to stop this. Maybe you 2 can private message about it if you want to hear about it.
Now, where's your proof Morrissey has been silenced?

Indeed, it's not fun to be told to bottle it up inside, just because my truth isn't what people want to hear.
This is not therapy, you need to learn how to regulate yourself and learn some boundaries. You forcing this on people is not working, how many people have told you to stop just in the past few months? How many people have told you they are tired of it and what you post is disgusting? This is why no one wants to talk to you because it's impossible for you to not turn it into some story about some alleged incident which everyone has heard from you far too many times and is sick of it.

This is not therapy, you need to learn how to regulate yourself and learn some boundaries. You forcing this on people is not working, how many people have told you to stop just in the past few months? How many people have told you they are tired of it and what you post is disgusting? This is why no one wants to talk to you because it's impossible for you to not turn it into some story about some alleged incident which everyone has heard from you far too many times and is sick of it.
I'm not supposed to use my own life experience as a reference to make a point, just because you want me to keep my history quiet?

I'm not supposed to use my own life experience as a reference to make a point, just because you want me to keep my history quiet?
I don't know what is wrong with you and I don't care. I had apologized for any unkindness toward you but you can't just take that and be done. You have repeated your 'experiences' ad nauseum. you did not say anything new to me or anything you have not said literally hundreds of times before through your posts, your vocaroos and your youtube videos, and numerous threads about it. Countless people have asked you to stop and yes, all of us want you to stop taking about it here because it is the same thing over and over again. I am not sure what you don't understand about this. Go back and read the posts from other people to you.

I don't know what is wrong with you and I don't care. I had apologized for any unkindness toward you but you can't just take that and be done. You have repeated your 'experiences' ad nauseum. you did not say anything new to me or anything you have not said literally hundreds of times before through your posts, your vocaroos and your youtube videos, and numerous threads about it. Countless people have asked you to stop and yes, all of us want you to stop taking about it here because it is the same thing over and over again. I am not sure what you don't understand about this. Go back and read the posts from other people to you.
But my experience is relevant to the conversation here.

Who isn't allowed to say that and why?

Why is victim blaming involved in someone admitting he was going into a bedroom with a 48 year old?

You don't make sense

Back
Top Bottom