Forum Life of the average Poster

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
How long do you think most people who join this forum, stay here? It seems that some have stayed for years and others register, post once and then leave.. Do you think this could be to do with them liking Morrissey less, or other things getting in the way such as a life partners, jobs, moving house etc? Do you think the atmosphere of the forum puts people off sometimes, or the occasional barrage of trolls? How long have you been on the forum?

Just a piece of randomness for a tedious Bank Holiday night.

How long do you think most people who join this forum, stay here? It seems that some have stayed for years and others register, post once and then leave.. Do you think this could be to do with them liking Morrissey less, or other things getting in the way such as a life partners, jobs, moving house etc? Do you think the atmosphere of the forum puts people off sometimes, or the occasional barrage of trolls? How long have you been on the forum?

What a lot of questions!

I joined last summer, just after I got my first computer. It was a kind of cifficult time in my life, and i find I do tend to post here more if I'm either very happy, or there's things I want to get away from in my real life. I enjoy it here, hubby is here too, obviously, I dunno if I'd leave, I think I'm addicted!

i was here from b4
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/~exMr.White/journal/19320
& a year b4 that if chat counts :o

i have been here since sept 06, if i don't post, I'm generally busy in my real life (out with friends, family, away from home etc) or pissed with the atmosphere and trolls here, like in january.

But that also means that some people have racked up nearly 10 thousand posts in under 2 years? That's scary :eek: Anyway, I digress...:p

hahaha, thanks for that link Kewpie. "They were taken outside and shot" :D
francisco_de_Goy023.jpg

&
But that also means that some people have racked up nearly 10 thousand posts in under 2 years? That's scary :eek: Anyway, I digress...:p
b*tchy, b*tchy, b*tchy...

Whoa Robby, I only meant it as a joke, that pic is a little much :eek:

easy
:cool:

Been popping in and out shall we say since I got the computer 6 years ago.
used a few different names on the "old" boards however did not comment much at all. Was a bit shy and intimidated then lol, def different place then.
I come and go with it, and the internet in general, I can be on hours then maybe not at all for a couple of days. Some times get fed up with here, but never never with Morrissey. Love since I was in my teens.
I do think the trolling so on can put people off, its been proven really but its waaaaaaaaaay better than the old days. Some days you could not see a post about Morrissey cause there were fights and nonsense cluttering the board. Some times the "same" post was posted 10 times.
I think these boards are much better, I also don't think the site deserves the solow tag it gets now.

it never ceases to amaze me
people talking about high post count as some kind of negative or positive
i mean i aint hard if you just type whatever comes to mind
what a shame many are TOO MEEK to do the same
the loss is all their's :p

Some people are bit shy, took me a wee while to come talk to you lot over in OT, then I realised you were all pretty nice. :p:D

Some people only type when they feel they have something to say.

some of my posts have only been a few words but also when you do start to talk (or argue:p) with people, you can post a lot more. Then you have the games, which if you do play, you can rack up loads on your post count.

Some people are bit shy, took me a wee while to come talk to you lot over in OT, then I realised you were all pretty nice.

awww your shy, it's ok...come sit next to me and i'll look after you.

Some people only type when they feel they have something to say.

your saying, i talk too much:p

Some people are bit shy, took me a wee while to come talk to you lot over in OT, then I realised you were all pretty nice. :p:D

Same here...it took me three months to start posting off-topic.

Some people only post threads discussing about strictly Morrissey/Smiths related topics.

I love this site because there's no restriction what we talk and many lovely people are generously sharing their treasured bootlegs and interesting information. :)

Back
Top Bottom