Forty-Nine Gorgeous Gigabytes of Morrissey

S

Skylarker

...It took me about two nights and a day off, but I finally got around to meticulously overhauling the Morrissey folder of my external drive.

49 gigabytes, and this doesn't count video.

If anybody here wants screengrabs of any subfolder contents to see if there's anything you need, just ask. I'll post the screengrab and will try to upload any non-retail material.

MSG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, you''ll see that a couple of compilations are missing, like Greatest Hits and The Very Best Of.

All the tracks on those are accounted for, but as I hated those compilations and felt that they were horribly put together cash-cows (despite the brilliance of each individual track), I took all the various previously unreleased "Reasons To Buy This Compilation" songs I needed from them and placed them in more relevant homes.

Sexy. I'm jealous.

I won't ask you to send me anything (yet), but what can you tell me about...
KillKillyKill.jpg

I couldn't find anything doing a keyword Google search, and I am quite curious what this remaster entails. Is this simply a digital (I mean file-based) fan remaster done to the the mixed down CD tracks, or a physical release?

Sexy. I'm jealous.

I won't ask you to send me anything (yet), but what can you tell me about...
KillKillyKill.jpg

I couldn't find anything doing a keyword Google search, and I am quite curious what this remaster entails. Is this simply a digital (I mean file-based) fan remaster done to the the mixed down CD tracks, or a physical release?

Umm, it came down to me being sick of Kill Uncle sounding like shit despite having great songs, so I "remastered" it with Nero one night over a six pack...augmented the overall sound here and there (raised the impedence, bettered the bass response, widened the stereo effect, amateur stuff like that)...switched the tracks around, and added some outtakes. It sounds dope.

It turns out you really can polish a turd after all...

Ah, I see. Yeah, I have done a little bit of basic "remastering" (I mean very basic) with a few KU tracks just in Goldwave when compiling Morrissey mixes of my own (I also do it with the later "Loudness War"-era songs that have been mastered so loud that they are literally in the red and blare over other songs, mostly just by turning the f***ing volume down a little bit). It's funny how easy it is for even an inexperienced dope like myself to make extremely basic sonic improvements to KU. I guess professional recording/mastering was more open-ended in the pre-ProTools-proliferated world though.

That only goes to show that the album deserves an official remastering. It could really do with one. I will cry tears of joy if it ever happens. I like to think Morrissey will (re)embrace Kill Uncle some day... maybe?

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Yeah, I have done a little bit of basic "remastering" (I mean very basic) with a few KU tracks just in Goldwave when compiling Morrissey mixes of my own (I also do it with the later "Loudness War"-era songs that have been mastered so loud that they are literally in the red and blare over other songs, mostly just by turning the f***ing volume down a little bit). It's funny how easy it is for even an inexperienced dope like myself to make extremely basic sonic improvements to KU. I guess professional recording/mastering was more open-ended in the pre-ProTools-proliferated world though.

That only goes to show that the album deserves an official remastering. It could really do with one. I will cry tears of joy if it ever happens. I like to think Morrissey will (re)embrace Kill Uncle some day... maybe?

I wouldn't hold my breath for an official version; I think he disowns that record as though it never existed, which is a shame considering it -and that era in general- featured some of his best ever songs.

I'll PM you mine tomorrow.

Actually yeah, here is one of his rare statements regarding the album...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Do you think I could have 'Long Interview With Hot-Sounding Chick'? Would I have to pay? (Sorry, I'm new to these forums!)

Pay?! WTF? What the hell do you think this is, MySpace or something?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f5ruck

Anyway it's actually very short, playing it now. I remember it being much longer, from an old disc I had called Ask Me Ask Me Ask Me, but listening to it again, this is just a tiny snippet of the whole thing.

Sorry.

Wow...what a collection!! This is my first time posting here, but I'd love a good sounding bootleg concert from 1997. Thanks for sharing!!

I'm impressed. :cool:

Wow...what a collection!! This is my first time posting here, but I'd love a good sounding bootleg concert from 1997. Thanks for sharing!!

Goethenberg, Greek Theater, and Vancouver. All are very decent audience recordings. Goethenberg is the best, quality wise.

These are @128 and honestly with the nature of these particular recordings you won't notice a quality loss. However, I do also have them from FLAC sources.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/exodaa

... maybe asking for all the footage was too much, I just tried my luck :)

But if you could upload the Dermot O'Leary and Wrestle With Rustle interviews, I'd be most grateful.

... maybe asking for all the footage was too much, I just tried my luck :)

But if you could upload the Dermot O'Leary and Wrestle With Rustle interviews, I'd be most grateful.

I meant to address this earlier, sorry.

The interviews aren't video. Everything in that screengrab is audio. I don't think I could possibly catalog the video I have. A crateful of DVDs, easily.

Anyway yeah, I can send you the audio of the two you requested.

Thanks for replying... so in that case, I'll watch out on smithstorrents or anywhere else for video footage. I'm just starting my Moz video collection, trying to replace some videos that were simply grabbed from youtube by originals, so I dearly hope that you will one day catalog your DVDs. Wouldn't it be great to have everything in such nice order like your audio folder? Just think about it. Do it. Do it. :D

Umm, it came down to me being sick of Kill Uncle sounding like shit despite having great songs, so I "remastered" it with Nero one night over a six pack...augmented the overall sound here and there (raised the impedence, bettered the bass response, widened the stereo effect, amateur stuff like that)...switched the tracks around, and added some outtakes. It sounds dope.

It turns out you really can polish a turd after all...

I would like to hear what you have done with Kill Uncle too :)

Back
Top Bottom