Forever alone

9 x Fined

nevermind
How many people here genuinely consider themselves to be forever alone? If so, what role do you think Morrissey has played in your perpetual state of singleness?

PS: Happily married people, kindly stay the f*** out of this thread. Thanks.

9'er

story of my life:
1. listen to too much of the Smiths & Moz :crazy:
2. eventually causing me to think I am doomed to be alone forever :straightface:
3. which helps lead to wild, dangerous behavior like joining the army, excessive drinking, drugs and even sometimes sex with random strangers :rolleyes:
4. then I found out I am wrong about the whole "forever alone" thing :eek: when I spend 9 (mostly) wonderful years with one woman :blushing:
5. she leaves me :tears: & now I know for sure what I already knew 25 years ago :cool:
should I thank the Smiths for this?
I just don't know :confused:

Recently I came to a realisation that Morrissey was contributing significantly to my perpetual loneliness. I thought he was helping me cope with it, but I realised that I didn't just identify with his lyrics, but I thought it was okay to become them. Thing is, I love music, and he is of course one of my most favourite musicians. So I could never really stop listening to him (although the middle part of last year was pretty barren). Now I've realised that I need to distance myself from his lyrics, and just treat them as wonderful poetry, rather than a doctrine to live by.

What utter nonsense. If a singer/band you have never met dictates how you lead your life, you need to sort it aahhhhhhhtt.

What utter nonsense. If a singer/band you have never met dictates how you lead your life, you need to sort it aahhhhhhhtt.

This.

I have just recently gotten out of a relationship, and I am utterly relieved. It's not that it was particularly bad, it just made me realize that I am happier on my own. It's a fantastic realization, but I don't attribute it to Morrissey. I'm living my life, not his.

20 years married.
5 years divorced.
28 years listening to Moz sing.
I'm not saying he's totally to blame for the mess I'm in, but...............

20 years married.
5 years divorced.
28 years listening to Moz sing.
I'm not saying he's totally to blame for the mess I'm in, but...............

He's not to blame at all. If your life is f***ed up, that's down to you. That's like every young black prisoner in America saying "Snoop Dog made me do it!". This type of shit is why Smiths/Morrissey fans get stereotyped as being miserable loners.

He's not to blame at all. If your life is f***ed up, that's down to you. That's like every young black prisoner in America saying "Snoop Dog made me do it!". This type of shit is why Smiths/Morrissey fans get stereotyped as being miserable loners.

And that type of shit is why I think you don't have a sense of humour.
Do we really need to label everything just so thickos like you know when we're being sarcastic or ironic?
American or just a bit dim?

How many people here genuinely consider themselves to be forever alone? If so, what role do you think Morrissey has played in your perpetual state of singleness?

PS: Happily married people, kindly stay the f*** out of this thread. Thanks.

9'er

I do genuinely believe I will be alone, probably for the rest of my life. I muse about such things constantly and mostly I prefer to be alone. I don't think Morrissey/The Smiths is the cause of this, I am attracted to the music that I relate to. I relate because there is common ground.

I do genuinely believe I will be alone, probably for the rest of my life. I muse about such things constantly and mostly I prefer to be alone. I don't think Morrissey/The Smiths is the cause of this, I am attracted to the music that I relate to. I relate because there is common ground.

I don't must about it constantly, but I agree with everything else.
Birds of a feather and all...I do think that some people are born with a sense of how to relate to other people and enjoy other people, and some people are/do not. My older sister and younger brother both got the "social" gene, making environment seem to be less of a factor. So when I heard Morrissey sing about not fitting in, and saying things like people aren't meant to live together, I can relate and it's comforting to listen to someone who seems to understand what it is like to be a loner in a social world. My outcastness started before kindergarden, which was for me in 1977, so I can hardly blame Morrissey for it.

And I love that you told happily married people to f*** off. Sometimes I'd like to do that in more general terms but then people would think I was some sort of sociopath...oh wait....

I've always been alone and think I always will be, not because of The Smiths/Morrissey because I was alone before I got familiar with them. I believe it was when I found out about a song called Will Never Marry that I suddenly showed interest. I realised that I wasn't alone in my views on marriage, kids, relationships, etc..

I thought being in relationship was a necessity now I view it as a lifestyle choice and refuse to live up to other people's expectations and settle down.

And that type of shit is why I think you don't have a sense of humour.
Do we really need to label everything just so thickos like you know when we're being sarcastic or ironic?
American or just a bit dim?

Humour? Sarcasm? Irony? These are things all great wits possess. I haven't seen evidence of any of them here. And your labeling of Americans as "a bit dim" is a "bit xenophobic". Why not go all the way, eh? Do all Indians smell of curry, and all Chinese smell of dog, and all Japanese smell of plutonium? No, of course not. Only some of them do.
And, not that it's any of your business, I'm not American.

well, this is the internet and not rl :straightface: therefore, hyperbole is to be expected here :o
OK, Karl? :cool: Is that even your real name? :rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious that it's not. Google it, big boy.

Back
Top Bottom