for your consideration: joaquin phoenix to play moz (assuming he uses putty to cover up his scar

• Thread starter Mindy back from the dead
  • Start date
M

Mindy back from the dead

the resemblance is there, i swear! the heavy eyebrows, piercing blue eyes, brooding demeanor. someone once suggested james marsden -- too bulky and beefcake, if you ask me.

> the resemblance is there, i swear! the heavy eyebrows, piercing blue eyes,
> brooding demeanor. someone once suggested james marsden -- too bulky and
> beefcake, if you ask me.

Hmm...I remember one person in an interview pointing out that Matt Dillon bears a pretty strong resemblance to El Mozzer.

ALMOST as beautiful as Moz

I heartily agree that Joaquin should play Moz, if ever the occasion arose. He is the most talented young movie actor I have ever seen, he chooses really interesting roles, he is absolutely beautiful and strange and interesting and smart and vegan and he likes The Smiths. How much better can you get? I am not one to drool over actors, especially male ones, but he is so extraordinarily beautiful that I can't help it. and i actually like the scar, it's an important part of his looks.
A beautiful, interesting, talented man. Everyone should watch "Quills".

Melissa

While there are similarities in his features, overall he has a different kind of face, *but*, he is a talented enough actor that he'd be able to make up for those physical differences.

I've always thought that other than their incredibly different noses, Daniel Day-Lewis is VERY similar looking to Morrissey. They're about the same age though, so having him play a younger Moz wouldn't work, but...

kl

Re: ALMOST as short as Marr

What's important to keep in mind is that Joaquin is incredibly short. In fact, ET listed him as one of Hollywoods shortest men, coming in at an astonishing 5'2"

> While there are similarities in his features, overall he has a different
> kind of face, *but*, he is a talented enough actor that he'd be able to
> make up for those physical differences.

> I've always thought that other than their incredibly different noses,
> Daniel Day-Lewis is VERY similar looking to Morrissey. They're about the
> same age though, so having him play a younger Moz wouldn't work, but...

> kl

Remember Luke Perry from 90210? If actors were chosen solely on their resemblance, he would do well. Unfortunately he's a horrible actor.

who cares?

morrissey isn't very tall himself, ya know. i once read an estimate that placed him at 6'3, which i think we all know is false. he's not terribly short, but in any case, directors know how to work with short actors to make them seem taller bla bla bla. LOTR anyone?

i think jonny lee miller could also be a good match.

he kind of has the right look, if the wrong hair color.

give me bruce forsyth in a wig any day.

Luke Perry

He had kind of a rockabilly look, but doesn't look much like Moz...no Irish in him. 90210 is of course a horrible show...but Luke Perry was very good in a little movie called "Normal Life" with Ashley Judd.

Back
Top Bottom