For those who've heard it, how do you now rate Years of Refusal?

How do you rate Years of Refusal?

• Total voters

Maurice E

For some context, here are the votes from the mass (Houdini) poll for the eight solo albums.

1) Vauxhall & I, average score: 8,60
2) Your Arsenal, average score: 8,43
3) Viva Hate, average score: 8,04
4) You Are The Quarry, average score: 7,92
5) Southpaw Grammar, average score 7,53
6) Ringleader Of The Tormentors, average score 7,48
7) Kill Uncle, average score: 7,20
8) Maladjusted, average score: 7,03

Last edited:
All I can say at the moment, as I listen to it on a continual loop, is that it's currently the best work since Vauxhall.

Absolutely phenomenal. Only thing missing are the horns from the live version of 'One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell'. Other than that, loving every song. Can't wait to have the album in my hands. Only a month to go.

bit early to tell yet , need to tranfuse the songs in to my blood so wont vote yet.

only thing i can say for sure right now is that it's a lot better than ROTT.

I'll have to listen to it a bunch of times before I truly rank it.

This is his best in a while. The songs sound like they're going to be great live as well. Morrissey's vocals are at their finest. Couldn't decide which to vote for though and as I've only listened to it once I couldn't really say top 3.

I'm at first listen and I find it odd that I'm down to track 8 and have still only heard 2 new songs. Doesn't feel very new.

I'll vote after a few more listens.

I had higher expectations for this. Musically it is nowhere close to his earliest work. I like it more than ROTT though.

And too bad "One Day Goodbye ..." doesn't sound as good as the live versions.

It's still too early to tell really, but I do like it more than I liked both ROTT and YATQ the first few times.

I like what I have heard so far. Give it a few weeks and I will be able to rate it properly.

wooo..matt walker is a beast..damn this boy is a real enrichment!!!!!:guitar:

i really don't know how i feel about it yet. i like it though.

Wow. Incredible. At the moment I'm just a little stunned by it, meaning words can't describe how perfect it is.

I need a few weeks to let it all sink in. I really think Paris is a beautiful song and perfect for a single. It took me several months to form my final opinion on ROTT; I think that you continue to hear little nuances each time you repeat a full listen.

Back
Top Bottom