For sale: Smiths/Morrissey BPI/RIAA gold/platinum record awards

grlmopz

Hi all,

I've been collecting RIAA and BPI gold discs for 20+ years. I'm just about to move, and I no longer have space for all of them on the wall. I figure that these will be better appreciated by someone else! A subset of this collection appeared in the NME 15-20 years ago.

I'm posting here to gauge interest; if I get a great offer for one (or for the lot), I'll happily sell. Otherwise, I will move them over to Ebay.

Here are the first few that I'm planning to sell:

The Queen Is Dead: RIAA gold record award, presented to Sire Records
Louder Than Bombs: RIAA gold record award, presented to Sire Records
Strangeways, Here We Come: gold record award, presented to WEA New York

Viva Hate: RIAA gold record award, presented to Sire Records
Viva Hate: RIAA gold award, presented to a radio station
Hulmerist: RIAA gold award, presented to a prominent record executive
You Are The Quarry: BPI gold record award, presented to a prominent record executive
You Are The Quarry: BPI platinum record award, presented to a prominent record executive
Ringleader Of The Tormentors: BPI gold record award, presented to a prominent record executive

Will happily share photos with interested parties. All awards are the standard size, aside from the radio station Viva Hate and Hulmerist (smaller) and the Ringleader (gigantic and gorgeous).

Not the runaround. I reconsidered the sale at the time because the house I moved into ended up having space for them.

The new one has room for the BPI Smiths awards, which I'm keeping, but not the remainder.

I did sell a bunch of promo CDs a few years ago, but hung onto all of the gold discs.

Last edited:
Anyone got Andy Rourke’s Gold Disc for Queen Is Dead album? I nearly bought it 30 years ago and regretted it since.

Back
Top Bottom