For fans of History (esp. Ancient Egypt - Pyramids)

The Seeker of Good Songs

An interactive site that takes you into the pyramids and other ancient Egyptian sites.

http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/

Discover each tomb in the Valley in this interactive Atlas. Investigate a database of information about each tomb, view a compilation of more than 2000 images, interact with models of each tomb, and measure, pan, and zoom over 250 detailed maps, elevations, and sections. Experience sixty-five narrated tours by Dr. Weeks and explore a 3D recreation of tomb KV 14.

Explore the entire archaeological zone through this giant aerial photograph. Zoom in to see individual architectural details of temples and palaces as well as the topography of the area. Mouse over sites to get additional information about them.

Thanks Seeker....that's brilliant!...and very timely as my daughter is studying Egyptology at school at the moment...she has already been to the Tutankhamun exhibition when it came to London earlier in the year...and I think she'll spend hours on that site!

Thanks again! :)

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
You guys are geeks

no, our children are in school studying history, and this is a more interesting way than just reading a dusty boring text book

I love Egyptology, I have a massive interest, so much so had a interview at Liverpool Uni to do it and I passed. (couldn't go coz my bf at the time was a nob :()
Excellent link (already knew of it though :o :p)

Wow. Thanks for the link..:)

Thanks Seeker....that's brilliant!...and very timely as my daughter is studying Egyptology at school at the moment...she has already been to the Tutankhamun exhibition when it came to London earlier in the year...and I think she'll spent hours on that site!

Thanks again! :)

Love Alma xxx

I saw that exhibit in the US, it was really cool. I'm into all that stuff. Great link.

An interactive site that takes you into the pyramids and other ancient Egyptian sites.

http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/

Discover each tomb in the Valley in this interactive Atlas. Investigate a database of information about each tomb, view a compilation of more than 2000 images, interact with models of each tomb, and measure, pan, and zoom over 250 detailed maps, elevations, and sections. Experience sixty-five narrated tours by Dr. Weeks and explore a 3D recreation of tomb KV 14.

Explore the entire archaeological zone through this giant aerial photograph. Zoom in to see individual architectural details of temples and palaces as well as the topography of the area. Mouse over sites to get additional information about them.

NICE!!! Great idea for something to do with the 6th grade honors class. I will be using this...
6th Grade curriculum is global studies - translated: World Regional Confusion.

I love anything having to do with Egyptology. This is brilliant. Thank you for posting this. :D

I find Akhenaten particularly fascinating.

I find Akhenaten particularly fascinating.

The Armarna period is the most fasinating. Stuff your pyramids. :p:D
I started writing a book about Akhenaten but I gave up 1/3rd of the way through as life took over. :(

no, our children are in school studying history, and this is a more interesting way than just reading a dusty boring text book

See this

152801.jpg

That's you that is

put together a few things from various websites:

Pharaoh during Moses time, Amenotep III: His son, Tuthmose dies prior to him. Amenotep III's body wasnt preserved properly when he died like most pharaohs. He had had crushed ribs and broken bones...could be associated with being crush by waves of water...and could be why they didn't preserve him properly...they were trying to find him.
His son...Amenotep IV--who was the first pharaoh to convert to monotheism...changed his name to Akhenaten. He, out of all the pharaoh's had the least amount of records of his life.

The Armarna period is the most fasinating. Stuff your pyramids. :p:D
I started writing a book about Akhenaten but I gave up 1/3rd of the way through as life took over. :(

He is incredibly fascinating. Have you thought about finishing your book?

He is incredibly fascinating. Have you thought about finishing your book?

Perhaps in the future when I get more time. To be honest I haven't read much about Egypt of late, I need to revist all (and thats a LOT :rolleyes:) of my old research and books as I did it all about 6-7 years ago :eek:

Perhaps in the future when I get more time. To be honest I haven't read much about Egypt of late, I need to revist all (and thats a LOT :rolleyes:) of my old research and books as I did it all about 6-7 years ago :eek:

That's awesome, mozzette. I'd be interested in reading it if you did. :)

I wish I had been able to see this exhibit:

http://www.museum.upenn.edu/new/exhibits/amarna/index.shtml

I was hoping to see the Tut exhibit last year but unfortunately, life got in my way. :(

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom