For Britain YT: "We're proud to stand with Morrissey" (April 20, 2021)

Cry little baby. Boo Hoo
Easy to dish it out for decades.
you deserve all of this.
go away

Morrissey should become the mascot for the European Super League - I don't think his career can go much lower.

"and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism."

Who needs phoney friendships with showbiz types when gorgeous Anne Marie Waters has your back.
They kicked him into touch years ago because he's a 100% f***ing idiot.

Well, there you go. Morrissey phones round his racist mates and gets them to stick up for him. It's sick-inducing. The people who were too racist for Farage's UKIP are now some of his only friends. What does that tell you?
His silence now will speak volumes.

But also - it was pretty obvious he didn't believe she was far right.
It seems like a meaningless distinction though - presumably AMW doesn't believe she is far right either.

It is blindingly obvious that he would have been attracted to them not only due to their animal rights stance but primarily their immigrant policies. The idea that he 'didn't know' is frankly incomprehensible to any sane adult - trying to sell it as ignorance is not going to fool anyone.

Instead of regressing to defensiveness and victimhood, he should at least own it and at attempt to debate it intelligently from there (ideally with at least one other human being), something he is no doubt capable of, but persistently fails to do (this would involve the absolute horror of potentially having to concede a point when your line of argument has flatly failed, so not that surprising he hasn't touched it I suppose).

I agree on the first.

On the second, well it wasn't Morrissey who started the provocation this time. He had been reasonably quiet over the last year, and was apparently concentrating on songwriting recently. This was an opportunity to just move on. Of course, you can argue that Morrissey said what he said, and never retracted his words, all of which is true. You can also argue that the zealous drive to cancel artists relentlessly has gone too far. It is shared blame for me here.

On the third point, I would add that he's not good at debating and defending his views. He's stuck in a mindset where being an artist meant to be provocative, to be against the government, and to be idolized by your fans because that was the relationship he had with his own idols. That's no longer the world we live in.
On the second point, who started this? Who said those things? Was it someone else?

AMW: "Why has Lisa Simpson not condemned halal meat?"

This must be the stupidest comment in the whole debable so far. And that is saying something.

"We're proud to stand with Morrissey"

Statement from AMW / For Britain re: Morrissey / Simpsons.

I believe we're approaching the 5th layer of hell...
FWD.

He very proudly wore your pin.
What are we to think other than the feelings mutual.
Shame on you both you wretched people.

Oh brother! People using Morrissey for fame and agenda-pushing.....the list is long

For Britain
Rick and Bruce
that dumb nameless band that said he was mean to them
The Sun
The Guardian
The NME
so many blood suckers I can't be arsed to finish the list

On the second point, who started this? Who said those things? Was it someone else?
Morrissey didn't approach the Simpsons to feature him in their show, did he?
Anyway, judging by his own website, he didn't mind the idea until he saw the result. I think that the way they portrayed his veganism, as something he would give up because of foreign invaders, was a bridge too far for him.

It seems like a meaningless distinction though - presumably AMW doesn't believe she is far right either.

It is blindingly obvious that he would have been attracted to them not only due to their animal rights stance but primarily their immigrant policies. The idea that he 'didn't know' is frankly incomprehensible to any sane adult - trying to sell it as ignorance is not going to fool anyone.

Instead of regressing to defensiveness and victimhood, he should at least own it and at attempt to debate it intelligently from there (ideally with at least one other human being), something he is no doubt capable of, but persistently fails to do (this would involve the absolute horror of potentially having to concede a point when your line of argument has flatly failed, so not that surprising he hasn't touched it I suppose).

No, it's not blindingly obvious Peanut.

They didn't have those immigration policies at the time he mentioned them.

She was heavily pushing opposition to halal slaughter, fgm, forced marriage, blasphemy laws, criminal justice failings & honour killings as a deliberate strategy to attract liberals who felt the left would never adequately tackle these issues.

So, no immigration would not be his primary attraction.

Moz basically voiced the frustration that most free thinking human beings face in society these days - do you speak your mind freely and without fear of the consequences, or do you shut up and avoid the risk of being accused of some imagined hate crime and losing your job? It is clear that the mainstream media are now completely controlled by the woke. We speak our mind at our peril. They are coming for you next. It really is easier to keep your mouth shut and keep your head down...

Morrissey didn't approach the Simpsons to feature him in their show, did he?
Anyway, judging by his own website, he didn't mind the idea until he saw the result. I think that the way they portrayed his veganism, as something he would give up because of foreign invaders, was a bridge too far for him.
No - my point was - who was the person that said the things that started this all off? Was it The Simpsons? No. Was it Morrissey? Yes. He has no one else to blame. He should own what he said, and say he meant every word.

The Simpsons would have had no material to go on had Morrissey not said the things he did.

Blah blah blah.... but in the end, Free Speech.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom