For Britain ceases to exist, Anne-Marie Waters says her support "has collapsed"

Well, that's a right f***ing shame, innit? Wonder how Mogsy's gonna take the news?

Excerpt:

For Britain, one of the UK’s most prominent far-right parties, has suddenly announced it will cease operations.

Anne Marie Waters, head of the anti-immigrant For Britain party, said her support “has collapsed” and that she is quitting electoral politics immediately. “The process of closing everything down has started today,” she said in a statement to members.

Her party was once deemed one of the best-organised far-right parties in the country, boasting a handful of councillors. Tommy Robinson, who has the largest online following of any far-right activist in Britain, gave the party a boost when he joined this spring. The Smiths frontman Morrissey said that Waters was the first person in his life that he had voted for.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen to this. The idea that someone as aware and controlling (and I do not mean this in a bad way) of their own publicity as Morrissey is blissfully unaware of what is posted on his official website is for the birds. The guy has tried to maintain an iron grip over that stuff through multiple managers and record labels all the way since Rough Trade on. Even though Sam is a close relative, I just don't believe at this stage Moz would say "I don't care, post whatever crap about me you like", or that Sam would risk upsetting his uncle by posting anything that might upset him.

It's obvious which posts are directly authored by Morrissey (usually obituaries and occasional statements). Most of the rest I suspect is just random crap that fans send to Sam, who goes on to forward to 'the boss' - Hey look, some rando celeb mentioned your name - how cool!' etc.

I think some folks here are just desperately trying to use Sam as an excuse to dismiss anything they are uncomfortable with, and blame everything on him.

He tries to avoid doing publicity & he complains about legacy media misquoting him.

There's nothing to suggest he keeps an iron grip on his social media & a lot to suggest he doesn't.

If it’s a post of class - its Morrissey
Anything else - it’s Sam

It’s those that think they know, that are the issue.
Certain people think they know Morrissey, when they don’t. They’d probably backtrack at record speed if they actually did know him.

Good post, by the way.

If you actually know him then you can tell us.

If you actually know him then you can tell us.
I don’t. Where as you on the other hand, tell us all in almost all your posts, the same shit you’ve done relentlessly over time.
As Amy said, she can see right through you.
All for nothing, as usual, Karen. No one listens anymore.

I don’t. Where as you on the other hand, tell us all in almost all your posts, the same shit you’ve done relentlessly over time.

I've only referred to his public image - which is a media construct that you can study without knowing the bits of his private life that have stayed private.

And it's not "the same shit" - it's new angles & new information.

You're happy with your old narrative - but his career was f***ed if it continued in the same direction - pressure not to book him, work with him, stock him. It's changing - which is all I was looking for. If it was possible.

Last edited:
I've only referred to his public image - which is a media construct that you can study without knowing the bits of his private life that have stayed private.

And it's not "the same shit" - it's new angles & new information.

You're happy with your old narrative - but his career was f***ed if it continued in the same direction - pressure not book him, work with him, stock him. It's changing - which is all I was looking for. If it was possible.
Karen. I don’t really care. I’ll follow him regardless, as it’s what I’ve done for 30+ years. But he’s not blameless in all this carry on over the last few years. You’re just following your own agenda, which is fine. But to suggest M is not culpable in any way for some of the negativity that’s come his way in recent times, or that it’s all Sam ok MC, is insulting your own intelligence

Be well

Karen. I don’t really care. I’ll follow him regardless, as it’s what I’ve done for 30+ years. But he’s not blameless in all this carry on over the last few years. You’re just following your own agenda, which is fine. But to suggest M is not culpable in any way for some of the negativity that’s come his way in recent times, or that it’s all Sam ok MC, is insulting your own intelligence

Be well.

I'm blaming Steve Sutherland for being a homophobe & Tim Jonze for not fact checking.

63 is not too old to use the internet :lbf:
M is responsible for every single thing posted on that site, whether he posts it or not, it's not hard to understand
He has to get his all social media under control

If he genuinely liked it - or knew much about it - he would be in sync with it & he's not. Sam is.

What do you mean, "he would be in sync with it?" Morrissey does not make many public proclamations or indulge many interviewers (apart from Rayner). Morrissey Central is the only consistent mouthpiece, so there isn't anything substantial to sync it up with. If you find instances where he does contradict it, there's no reason it couldn't represent a change of mind. As always, you're speculating.

Morrissey's older & he's not active on social media so it's unlikely he'd understand what the alt-right is or how it operates.

You cannot be serious. You cannot seriously think that just because someone is sixty-three and doesn't use social media that they wouldn't know what the alt-right is. My father is 87, scarcely uses the internet at all, and still knows what the alt-right is. Morrissey lives in America. Donald Trump was the president, and Trump's flirtations with the alt-right were common knowledge. Morrissey does follow American politics; he supported Bernie Sanders. You must have no respect for Morrissey as a thinking or even remotely-informed individual to suppose it's "unlikely" he'd understand what the alt-right is.

And I don't think Sam's a "millennial turd" - he's not political, he's in the demographic they pitch at & he was watching a family member getting dragged by the left for reasons that would make no sense.

How do you know he's not political? Are you his friend or something? I think you're just speculating. The fact is, either he or Morrissey liked videos by Paul Joseph Watson and Styxhexenhammer666 enough to share them on Morrissey Central. Somebody is alt-right or alt-right-sympathetic. But if you want to save both Morrissey and his nephew from this disgrace, then maybe you should blame Gelato.

Last edited:
McFate there is a difference between speculating that he has dementia & forgets that he's a Prison Planet fan & seeing videos posted by Sam & people he knows make their way to Central.

If you're in it for the fan fic - then I don't see what you're arguing about.

To be clear, I wasn't saying I personally believe Morrissey is senile. I was just using it as one example among several, to show that there are a variety of ways a person could speculate on these things in order to explain the craziness. Speculation isn't fact. Your own speculation is, admittedly, in parts, credible. But it is not sufficient to absolve Morrissey from his responsibility for Morrissey Central. That's why you're flailing around, grasping at straws, and making insane speculations. Just let it go.

It's possible he doesn't give a f*ck about anything whatsoever. Beginning with the cover art for Low in High School, it's possible that he's completely stopped caring and is delegating everything to amateurs. Maybe that's true, but it's only speculation. He does seem to still care about animals and, going by the lyrics, the Manchester Arena bombing five years on. I would hope he still cares about his artistic legacy. The new songs so far suggest a perspective that everything is going to seed, beautifully expressed. I think he still cares about things, but then that leaves Morrissey Central unexplained. There's no speculation that explains everything, and Morrissey remains an enigma.

To be clear, I wasn't saying I personally believe Morrissey is senile. I was just using it as one example among several, to show that there are a variety of ways a person could speculate on these things in order to explain the craziness. Speculation isn't fact. Your own speculation is, admittedly, in parts, credible. But it is not sufficient to absolve Morrissey from his responsibility for Morrissey Central. That's why you're flailing around, grasping at straws, and making insane speculations. Just let it go.

It's possible he doesn't give a f*ck about anything whatsoever. Beginning with the cover art for Low in High School, it's possible that he's completely stopped caring and is delegating everything to amateurs.

I’d say it started with the cover of Southpaw.

YATQ , ROTT & probably YOR being the last covers that he really invested some time in.

Maybe that's true, but it's only speculation. He does seem to still care about animals and, going by the lyrics, the Manchester Arena bombing five years on. I would hope he still cares about his artistic legacy. The new songs so far suggest a perspective that everything is going to seed, beautifully expressed. I think he still cares about things, but then that leaves Morrissey Central unexplained. There's no speculation that explains everything, and Morrissey remains an enigma.

It's possible he doesn't give a f*ck about anything whatsoever. Beginning with the cover art for Low in High School, it's possible that he's completely stopped caring and is delegating everything to amateurs. Maybe that's true, but it's only speculation. He does seem to still care about animals and, going by the lyrics, the Manchester Arena bombing five years on. I would hope he still cares about his artistic legacy. The new songs so far suggest a perspective that everything is going to seed, beautifully expressed. I think he still cares about things, but then that leaves Morrissey Central unexplained. There's no speculation that explains everything, and Morrissey remains an enigma.

🙄

Morrissey has said enough to indicate he's not following the alt-right & they've said enough to indicate they know he's not following them.

And from Sam's Facebook it's obvious he's seeing what comes up on his algorithm (or gets sent to him) & hasn't gone any deeper.

Central's been posting less of that stuff - so it seems there's been a learning curve.

Morrissey has said enough to indicate he's not following the alt-right & they've said enough to indicate they know he's not following them.

I don't think Morrissey is alt-right, but I think he understands what the alt-right is, which your original comment was trying to exonerate him of by supposing him a clueless vegetable. I do suspect Rayner of being alt-right, based on the fact he stomached several alt-right videos and possibly (if he is indeed the curator) saw fit to post them on his uncle's site.

And from Sam's Facebook it's obvious he's seeing what comes up on his algorithm (or gets sent to him) & hasn't gone any deeper.

Central's been posting less of that stuff - so it seems there's been a learning curve.

How is it "obvious"? Are you sitting beside him at his computer tickling his knee when he's on Facebook to see what comes up on his algorithm? Unless you have serious evidence, there's way to know whether he stumbles upon this stuff or is actually interested in it. It's pure speculation. You said, "he's not political" as if it were fact. How do you know that? Unless you have intimate knowledge of this person, you can't tell us anything. It's just as likely Morrissey Central has less of this stuff, not because Rayner finally learned who Paul Joseph Watson is, but because of the backlash. But you are presenting things as if you know what's going on behind the scenes. Either couch your language with some level of agnosticism, or stop this speculating.

I don't think Morrissey is alt-right, but I think he understands what the alt-right is, which your original comment was trying to exonerate him of by supposing him a clueless vegetable. I do suspect Rayner of being alt-right, based on the fact he stomached several alt-right videos and possibly (if he is indeed the curator) saw fit to post them on his uncle's site.

How is it "obvious"? Are you sitting beside him at his computer tickling his knee when he's on Facebook to see what comes up on his algorithm? Unless you have serious evidence, there's way to know whether he stumbles upon this stuff or is actually interested in it. It's pure speculation. You said, "he's not political" as if it were fact. How do you know that? Unless you have intimate knowledge of this person, you can't tell us anything. It's just as likely Morrissey Central has less of this stuff, not because Rayner finally learned who Paul Joseph Watson is, but because of the backlash. But you are presenting things as if you know what's going on behind the scenes. Either couch your language with some level of agnosticism, or stop this speculating.

It's obvious if you go through alt-right posts, livestreams & videos & track the talking points & buzzwords & look for footprints on alt-right networks. That's how they get busted.

If Central was responding to the backlash it would have changed faster.

If Central was responding to the backlash it would have changed faster.

Again, based on what, other than pure speculation? Are you an intern at the Morrissey Central website? Faster compared to what? How do you know how keenly Morrissey and Rayner would’ve been paying attention to a backlash, or when they would have, or what their threshold would have been?

Again, based on what, other than pure speculation? Are you an intern at the Morrissey Central website? Faster compared to what? How do you know how keenly Morrissey and Rayner would’ve been paying attention to a backlash, or when they would have, or what their threshold would have been?

The first post on Central is a defensive & defiant response to a hit piece in the Independent - it mixes talking points that were current on the alt-right, the centrist left, the centrist right & the hard left & compares two liberal-left legacy broadsheets (the Indy is now an online) to a defunct right-wing tabloid.

So he's keenly aware of the backlash & convinced that he's being attacked by a left that has switched places with the right. Making him still a left-winger.

Thrilled at the knowledge of their own power, both The Guardian and The Independent daily confirm the views of everyone who morally objects to them (and The News of The World turns in its urn.) - Morrissey, 28 March 2018.

Central keeps that tone for months - while he's losing everything & it only starts to change when he starts expressing slightly different ideas.

It doesn't coincide with further punishments like protests or posters removed or yet more hit pieces - or to sales drives.

They did nothing while Dog was being reviewed like he was Hitler.

From the barbed comments & leading questions in the last interview, I think Sam was still leaning rightwards, but Morrissey was nearly over it.

Still on a knife edge - but some good signs.

The first post on Central is a defensive & defiant response to a hit piece in the Independent - it mixes talking points that were current on the alt-right, the centrist left, the centrist right & the hard left & compares two liberal-left legacy broadsheets (the Indy is now an online) to a defunct right-wing tabloid.

So he's keenly aware of the backlash & convinced that he's being attacked by a left that has switched places with the right. Making him still a left-winger.

Thrilled at the knowledge of their own power, both The Guardian and The Independent daily confirm the views of everyone who morally objects to them (and The News of The World turns in its urn.) - Morrissey, 28 March 2018.

Central keeps that tone for months - while he's losing everything & it only starts to change when he starts expressing slightly different ideas.

It doesn't coincide with further punishments like protests or posters removed or yet more hit pieces - or to sales drives.

They did nothing while Dog was being reviewed like he was Hitler.

From the barbed comments & leading questions in the last interview, I think Sam was still leaning rightwards, but Morrissey was nearly over it.

Still on a knife edge - but some good signs.
Are you a real person, or a bot? Serious question

Can YOU read?
(Audio of racist Morrissey forming the words in his own mouth also available)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom