For Britain ceases to exist, Anne-Marie Waters says her support "has collapsed"

Well, that's a right f***ing shame, innit? Wonder how Mogsy's gonna take the news?

Excerpt:

For Britain, one of the UK’s most prominent far-right parties, has suddenly announced it will cease operations.

Anne Marie Waters, head of the anti-immigrant For Britain party, said her support “has collapsed” and that she is quitting electoral politics immediately. “The process of closing everything down has started today,” she said in a statement to members.

Her party was once deemed one of the best-organised far-right parties in the country, boasting a handful of councillors. Tommy Robinson, who has the largest online following of any far-right activist in Britain, gave the party a boost when he joined this spring. The Smiths frontman Morrissey said that Waters was the first person in his life that he had voted for.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Every picture posted is copyrighted to Sam Esty Rayner even when he doesn't own the copyright - because he set up the site.

Before Sam set up Central Morrissey gave statements to True To You run by Julia & got people to post messages from him on their Facebook pages.

Videos & pictures are often on Sam's social media or circulating between fans before they're posted on Central.

And the things Morrissey says are often at odds with the videos & the copy.

There's no schedule so it's unlikely he would be available to sign off every post.

It's not pure supposition - there's a pattern.
You really are putting yourself in the position again where you will say anything to defend Morrissey, whether it makes sense or not

You really are putting yourself in the position again where you will say anything to defend Morrissey, whether it makes sense or not

I don't need to defend him about about Central.

The only people who are ever going to bother insisting that he posted random videos is you lot.

It's just obvious he doesn't.

I don't need to defend him about about Central.

The only people who are ever going to bother insisting that he posted random videos is you lot.

It's just obvious he doesn't.
"you lot"- this would be anyone who doesn't agree with your special insight into Morrissey's every thought. I think he accused someone else of that recently :unsure:

"It's just obvious he doesn't"- No, it's not.

"you lot"- this would be anyone who doesn't agree with your special insight into Morrissey's every thought. I think he accused someone else of that recently :unsure:

"It's just obvious he doesn't"- No, it's not.

You lot is Solo - it's not likely to be a sticking point anywhere else.

Nothing I've posted is based on his thoughts.

He got his nephew to post statements on his Facebook.

20211125_093627.jpg

He's now posting statements a site that his nephew appears to run (& likely does the actual posting)

20220718_073323.jpg

Every picture posted is copyrighted to Sam Esty Rayner even when he doesn't own the copyright - because he set up the site.

Then that just means he’s Morrissey’s webmaster. It doesn’t mean he’s personally curating all the content.

Videos & pictures are often on Sam's social media or circulating between fans before they're posted on Central.

And the things Morrissey says are often at odds with the videos & the copy.

Morrissey says things that are odds with reality itself, not just his website. Remember when he said oat milk was more prominent in the dairy case than cow’s milk, and that you can barely find eggs in the supermarket anymore? That was fairly bonkers.

If he says something that contradicts a message on his website, it could mean he changed his mind, or is of two minds on the subject, or is experiencing early onset dementia. All of these are suppositions, of course, but so is your own explanation. We can even grant your whole hypothesis, that the nephew is at the controls of “Messages from Morrissey”—it still doesn’t refute the likelihood that Morrissey is okay with this arrangement, and is fine with whatever gets posted. After all, it’s been years and he isn’t making any administrative changes. No retractions, no clarifications. By all lights he is content with his spokesperson, and endorses his viceroy’s various inanities and idiot politics.

Last edited:
Then that just means he’s Morrissey’s webmaster. It doesn’t mean he’s personally curating all the content.

Morrissey says things that are odds with reality itself, not just his website. Remember when he said oat milk was more prominent in the dairy case than cow’s milk, and that you can barely find eggs in the supermarket anymore? That was fairly bonkers.

If he says something that contradicts a message on his website, it could mean he changed his mind, or is of two minds on the subject, or is experiencing early onset dementia. All of these are suppositions, of course, but so is your own explanation. We can even grant your whole hypothesis, that the nephew is at the controls of “Messages from Morrissey”—it still doesn’t refute the likelihood that Morrissey is okay with this arrangement, and is fine with whatever gets posted. After all, it’s been years and he isn’t making any administrative changes. No retractions, no clarifications. By all lights he is content with his spokesperson, and endorses his viceroy’s various inanities and idiot politics.

You can suppose Morrissey has dementia - rather than Sam is posting content that he also posts on his own social media..?

Morrissey gets facts wrong all the time - that doesn't mean he's started posting videos without comment, that he never mentions, that he often disagrees with, on a website that also has copy that refers to him in the 3rd person.

It can't be claimed as an endorsement when not paying attention to it is more likely.

Last edited:
Though given the name, Morrissey is technically responsible for the Central postings. Yes, a non-fan would believe all posts are from Morrissey himself. But I think most fans, including me, find it difficult to believe that Morrissey is aware of every post, and would take the position that these days he just doesn’t care.

Compare True to You to Central. And you can see the differences of content posted by Julia and now on Central by Sam.

You can suppose Morrissey has dementia - rather than Sam is posting content that he also posts on his own social media..?

You could. Or you could suppose that Morrissey genuinely likes some of what his nephew posts on social media and decides to share it on his own site.

It can't be claimed as an endorsement when not paying attention to it is more likely.

Assuming he isn’t paying attention, then the obvious conclusion there is that he thinks he and his nephew are sufficiently sympatico on things such that the nephew can speak for him. Because what other conclusion is there? That he doesn’t give a f*ck if people visiting his site mistake his views for those of an alt-right millennial turd? I’d like to think Morrissey is more principled than that; maybe you don’t.

You could. Or you could suppose that Morrissey genuinely likes some of what his nephew posts on social media and decides to share it on his own site.

Assuming he isn’t paying attention, then the obvious conclusion there is that he thinks he and his nephew are sufficiently sympatico on things such that the nephew can speak for him. Because what other conclusion is there?

That he doesn’t give a f*ck if people visiting his site mistake his views for those of an alt-right millennial turd?
Or that he just doesn’t (more or less) give a f*ck in general.
I’d like to think Morrissey is more principled than that; maybe you don’t.

I think we’d all like to think that. Or we could
ask … what are Morrissey’s principles these days?

Which just leads to more speculation.

Sam posts everything.

Some of the stuff, like the tributes to dead heroes, is likely commissioned by Moz.

Moz approves of most content, if not all.

Had something been posted by Sam which Moz would not approve of, lord knows we would have heard about it.

The quality is mostly shit, and the level is low, but neither S nor M likely give a shit. It’s their site.

Now, stop f***ing bickering.

Or that he just doesn’t (more or less) give a f*ck in general.

I think we’d all like to think that. Or we could
ask … what are Morrissey’s principles these days?

Which just leads to more speculation.

Yes, exactly. The problem with these things is, the likelihood someone assigns to a hypothesis about Morrissey depends on their prior intuitions about Morrissey. Some people take their preferred hypotheses and insist on them as fact. That’s why the most brilliant account on here was the one who hypothesized that Morrissey is a born Californian, married to Nancy Sinatra, and an all-star basketball player in a celebrity recreational league—and rudely insisted on it as fact. It was the reductio ad absurdum of what some do in earnest.

Last edited:

Assuming he isn’t paying attention, then the obvious conclusion there is that he thinks he and his nephew are sufficiently sympatico on things such that the nephew can speak for him. Because what other conclusion is there? That he doesn’t give a f*ck if people visiting his site mistake his views for those of an alt-right millennial turd? I’d like to think Morrissey is more principled than that; maybe you don’t.

If he genuinely liked it - or knew much about it - he would be in sync with it & he's not. Sam is.

Morrissey's older & he's not active on social media so it's unlikely he'd understand what the alt-right is or how it operates.

And I don't think Sam's a "millennial turd" - he's not political, he's in the demographic they pitch at & he was watching a family member getting dragged by the left for reasons that would make no sense.

Yes, exactly. The problem with these things is, the likelihood someone assigns to a hypothesis about Morrissey depends on their prior intuitions about Morrissey. Some people take their preferred hypotheses and insist on them as fact. That’s why the most brilliant account on here was the one who hypothesized that Morrissey is a born Californian, married to Nancy Sinatra, and an all-star basketball player in a celebrity recreational league—and rudely insisted on it as fact. It was the reductio ad absurdum of what some do in earnest.

McFate there is a difference between speculating that he has dementia & forgets that he's a Prison Planet fan & seeing videos posted by Sam & people he knows make their way to Central.

If you're in it for the fan fic - then I don't see what you're arguing about.

Sam posts everything.

Some of the stuff, like the tributes to dead heroes, is likely commissioned by Moz.

Well he ‘approves’ it simply by allowing Sam
to be a part of Central. Now is Morrissey aware of and keeping daily tabs on the content posted on Central? that is the question. And I have my doubts he cares that much these days.

Had something been posted by Sam which Moz would not approve of, lord knows we would have heard about it.

with Sam being family, I don’t think we would.

The quality is mostly shit, and the level is low, but neither S nor M likely give a shit. It’s their site.

Now, stop f***ing bickering.

Sam posts everything.

Amen to this. The idea that someone as aware and controlling (and I do not mean this in a bad way) of their own publicity as Morrissey is blissfully unaware of what is posted on his official website is for the birds. The guy has tried to maintain an iron grip over that stuff through multiple managers and record labels all the way since Rough Trade on. Even though Sam is a close relative, I just don't believe at this stage Moz would say "I don't care, post whatever crap about me you like", or that Sam would risk upsetting his uncle by posting anything that might upset him.

It's obvious which posts are directly authored by Morrissey (usually obituaries and occasional statements). Most of the rest I suspect is just random crap that fans send to Sam, who goes on to forward to 'the boss' - Hey look, some rando celeb mentioned your name - how cool!' etc.

I think some folks here are just desperately trying to use Sam as an excuse to dismiss anything they are uncomfortable with, and blame everything on him.

Amen to this. The idea that someone as aware and controlling (and I do not mean this in a bad way) of their own publicity as Morrissey is blissfully unaware of what is posted on his official website is for the birds. The guy has tried to maintain an iron grip over that stuff through multiple managers and record labels all the way since Rough Trade on. Even though Sam is a close relative, I just don't believe at this stage Moz would say "I don't care, post whatever crap about me you like", or that Sam would risk upsetting his uncle by posting anything that might upset him.

It's obvious which posts are directly authored by Morrissey (usually obituaries and occasional statements). Most of the rest I suspect is just random crap that fans send to Sam, who goes on to forward to 'the boss' - Hey look, some rando celeb mentioned your name - how cool!' etc.

I think some folks here are just desperately trying to use Sam as an excuse to dismiss anything they are uncomfortable with, and blame everything on him.
If it’s a post of class - its Morrissey
Anything else - it’s Sam

It’s those that think they know, that are the issue.
Certain people think they know Morrissey, when they don’t. They’d probably backtrack at record speed if they actually did know him.

Good post, by the way.

If it’s a post of class - its Morrissey
Anything else - it’s Sam

It’s those that think they know, that are the issue.
Certain people think they know Morrissey, when they don’t.

They’d probably backtrack at record speed if they actually did know him.

or probably not if they got to know him. ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom