For Britain ceases to exist, Anne-Marie Waters says her support "has collapsed"

Well, that's a right f***ing shame, innit? Wonder how Mogsy's gonna take the news?

Excerpt:

For Britain, one of the UK’s most prominent far-right parties, has suddenly announced it will cease operations.

Anne Marie Waters, head of the anti-immigrant For Britain party, said her support “has collapsed” and that she is quitting electoral politics immediately. “The process of closing everything down has started today,” she said in a statement to members.

Her party was once deemed one of the best-organised far-right parties in the country, boasting a handful of councillors. Tommy Robinson, who has the largest online following of any far-right activist in Britain, gave the party a boost when he joined this spring. The Smiths frontman Morrissey said that Waters was the first person in his life that he had voted for.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh speaking of cool, Anne Marie, hope you get to enjoy the heatwave of COURSE not caused AT ALL by human activity. Who knows you might even feel how Joan of Arc felt...without any invader around...

Morrissi might let you have access to his pool?
or not.

Are you saying that AMW is a climate change denier?

Who, Joan of Arc? :D Nah she was mildly touched but, unlike AMW, she was quite sensible about her environment.

Or are you saying that AMW is not a climate change denier?

I understand the theory here, but when has this strategy been known to work? Major parties are not killed off when third parties attract fringe voters; the main parties just compete for votes from a smaller pool, with the third-party votes remaining negligible and irrelevant. Anne Marie Waters conceded this when she said that even if you added all the disgruntled third party votes together, they would be insufficient to make any difference. Voting is a fool's errand. I had thought Morrissey understood this when he wrote World Peace, which is why it seemed strange when he started singing the praises of For Britain, as if they could possibly matter.
I can’t even work out the grammar.

Anyway, while I don’t really trust the elections anywhere, telling people not to vote is always going to help the right/ conservative factions. They never tell people not to vote, and in the US and other places have conducted campaigns to encourage the left and the young not to vote as a form of protest.
Trump went to war against the US Postal Service to make it more difficult for people to vote by mail. Historically, it’s been minorities and the poor, especially the rural poor, whose voting rights are targeted.

It’s not surprising that Morrissey would tell people not to vote. After all he is an attention-seeking troll, without a plot of ambition. Telling people not to vote is the easiest way to make a “controversial” statement, never mind that it’s been used by other edgelords since at least the 1960’s.

As far as third parties being harmful, look at what the Democrats offer. I’d happily vote for them if they gave a shit about representation, but even during Obama’s first term when Congress was in his pocket he carried on the policies of Bush. He did nothing about the Patriot Act, and played games transferring prisoners to sites in other countries so the torture could continue where he could pretend not to know..

He was a great speaker and looked like he should be on Mt Rushmore after Trump’s shitshow but it was all a show.. It was also difficult for anyone to question his actions without being called racist. He was the perfect President to follow Bush, the war criminal, as he closed investigation into Bush and Cheney’s crimes and a whole lot of people really thought they had won something with his election.

Since then it’s only gotten worse. Hillary couldn’t even beat an openly racist, sexist buffoon best known as a game show host, and the Dems believe their current guy, a criminal weirdo who can barely string together two sentences is the best candidate because Bernie terrifies them.

You really do have to be some kind of barnyard animal to think voting for them is better than seeing a third party emerge even if it takes a while.

Last edited:
For Britain was supposed to get the far right closer to the political centre - but Anne Marie was too emotionally unstable & the far right members kept getting busted.

But you used to post horrendously racist things on this site - so I don't really know why you're quibbling.

Absolutely nothing to do with what my post.

I think Sam (or someone close to him) found Anne Marie online, probably in 2017, maybe as early as 2016.

Morrissey doesn't start repeating alt-right memes until December 2017 & he gets them wrong, which means he's not the one finding them.

And he wasn't directly following her because he didn't know For Britain existed. She launched it on the 15th October 2017.

I have not ever discovered a party that represents my views. My main social concern is the abolition of the abattoir, the continued existence of which in modern times is beyond sane belief. (Morrissey, Central, 28 March 2018)

23 days later he's supporting them. Which looks as if someone hit him with a spiel. Probably about animal rights & Islamic State.

I despise racism. I despise fascism. I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me. In view of this, there is only one British political party that can safeguard our security. That party is For Britain. (Morrissey, Central, 20 April 2018)

Anne Marie said it in January 2019 -

We will end the experimentation on animals for cosmetics or commercial products, and severely restrict and regulate any medical testing until this can be phased out altogether. We will transform dairy farming and end factory farming. We will incentivize farmers to return to organic and natural farming where cattle will roam freely and have access to their calves. We will also end the abhorrent practice of veal production. We will ban live exports and ensure that egg-laying hens roam freely and the caging of hens is brought to an end.

I would guess Sam Melia targeted him - he was using For Britain, on his way to Patriotic Alternative.

They're now using Laurence Fox & his Reclaim Party. Laurence hates vegans & loves hunting, so there's no chance of getting Morrissey involved.

Reclaim is why For Britain collapsed.

Hope Not Hate has to be careful because it has enough money to sue.

Tommy Robinson's Hearts of Oak group is working with the Bad Law Project & his old follower Posie Parker of Adult Human Female fame - so he's quietly in with the Gender Criticals.

Actual neo-Nazi, Morgoth! was promoted by James Delingpole, the Spectator's tv critic - to a resounding f*** all shock-horror from the UK media.

I have to admit, you seem to have a handle on this area pretty well, unlike some others that have posted about small right wing groups/individuals. The only inaccuracy is calling "Posie Parker" a follower of TR. She was sympathetic to his treatment by the government but that's about it, mentioning him on a few videos. Hardly makes her a follower. To say she's into the far-right is nonsense. And "Morgoth" does indeed have Nazi predications.....I challenged him on this on Twitter and ceased following him, when he suggested Hitler and the Nazi's weren't so bad.

Well, it seems you didn’t understand the irony. Some people don't. Never mind.

PS: What an agressive person you are! :gun:
Take the time, which I know you won’t, to review my posts. That will make your post embarrassingly wrong.

just thought you might have a link to a statement she made denying climate change.

Aww. Aren't you a bit lazy? Is it too hot to Google?
I actually bothered to skim through their manifesto a while ago because I do worry about Morrissi losing his grip (I wouldn't if he wasn't a millionaire who has enough money to fund a war in a small country)... I suggest you do the same if you want to know what he endorsed.
Alternatively, if you're ready for a dose of pseudo-scientific gibberish, search for AMW and CO2.
But hurry, those links are disappearing fast.
My guess is that AMW has "important" supporting friends in polluting industries. Why else would she be so foolish? Besides her being naturally foolish, I mean?

And yes there is such a thing as guilt ( and idiocy) by association.
Too bad Morrissi told us about that himself.

Tut tut tut oh Morrissiii...:(

Aww. Aren't you a bit lazy? Is it too hot to Google?
I actually bothered to skim through their manifesto a while ago because I do worry about Morrissi losing his grip (I wouldn't if he wasn't a millionaire who has enough money to fund a war in a small country)... I suggest you do the same if you want to know what he endorsed.
Alternatively, if you're ready for a dose of pseudo-scientific gibberish, search for AMW and CO2.
But hurry, those links are disappearing fast.
My guess is that AMW has "important" supporting friends in polluting industries. Why else would she be so foolish? Besides her being naturally foolish, I mean?

And yes there is such a thing as guilt ( and idiocy) by association.
Too bad Morrissi told us about that himself.

Tut tut tut oh Morrissiii...:(

So no links then?

btw I guess her ‘important supporting friends in polluting industries’ weren’t enough to ‘support’ her/FB.

I’m not arguing with you, and never said that you were wrong. I was simply curious and said, I thought that it strange that she would be a climate change denier and not be informed on animal slaughter and the role it plays.

I think Sam (or someone close to him) found Anne Marie online, probably in 2017, maybe as early as 2016.

Morrissey doesn't start repeating alt-right memes until December 2017 & he gets them wrong, which means he's not the one finding them.

And he wasn't directly following her because he didn't know For Britain existed. She launched it on the 15th October 2017.

I have not ever discovered a party that represents my views. My main social concern is the abolition of the abattoir, the continued existence of which in modern times is beyond sane belief. (Morrissey, Central, 28 March 2018)

23 days later he's supporting them. Which looks as if someone hit him with a spiel. Probably about animal rights & Islamic State.

I despise racism. I despise fascism. I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me. In view of this, there is only one British political party that can safeguard our security. That party is For Britain. (Morrissey, Central, 20 April 2018)

Anne Marie said it in January 2019 -

We will end the experimentation on animals for cosmetics or commercial products, and severely restrict and regulate any medical testing until this can be phased out altogether. We will transform dairy farming and end factory farming. We will incentivize farmers to return to organic and natural farming where cattle will roam freely and have access to their calves. We will also end the abhorrent practice of veal production. We will ban live exports and ensure that egg-laying hens roam freely and the caging of hens is brought to an end.

I would guess Sam Melia targeted him - he was using For Britain, on his way to Patriotic Alternative.

They're now using Laurence Fox & his Reclaim Party. Laurence hates vegans & loves hunting, so there's no chance of getting Morrissey involved.

Reclaim is why For Britain collapsed.

Hope Not Hate has to be careful because it has enough money to sue.

Tommy Robinson's Hearts of Oak group is working with the Bad Law Project & his old follower Posie Parker of Adult Human Female fame - so he's quietly in with the Gender Criticals.

Actual neo-Nazi, Morgoth! was promoted by James Delingpole, the Spectator's tv critic - to a resounding f*** all shock-horror from the UK media.

Thank you for this information. It definitely explains his wearing the lapel pin just a few months after she made those comments on animal welfare. She did indeed set the bar higher than just proposing a ban on halal slaughter, so I retract my criticism of her (and him) on that score.

But the timeline is still off, in terms of making young Rayner the culprit. Morrissey’s 6 Music Live performance was on October 2, 2017, and Anne Marie Waters wasn't pledging to end factory farming until January 2019. He was interested in her when she was still in UKIP. No sin in that whatsoever, but there it is. Most plausible explanation: Morrissey has always had a “Little Englander” streak, was a Brexiteer from afar, discovered an Irish vegan feminist agnostic in the UKIP ranks, and was instantly besotted. You can, of course, speculate that the nephew discovered her, but it’s still just that: speculation. Morrissey is ultimately responsible for all the dreck posted on his website, even if you want to suppose he’s not the person posting it. He could exercise oversight, and doesn’t. Sin of omission.

Thank you for this information. It definitely explains his wearing the lapel pin just a few months after she made those comments on animal welfare. She did indeed set the bar higher than just proposing a ban on halal slaughter, so I retract my criticism of her (and him) on that score.

But the timeline is still off, in terms of making young Rayner the culprit. Morrissey’s 6 Music Live performance was on October 2, 2017, and Anne Marie Waters wasn't pledging to end factory farming until January 2019. He was interested in her when she was still in UKIP. No sin in that whatsoever, but there it is. Most plausible explanation: Morrissey has always had a “Little Englander” streak, was a Brexiteer from afar, discovered an Irish vegan feminist agnostic in the UKIP ranks, and was instantly besotted. You can, of course, speculate that the nephew discovered her, but it’s still just that: speculation. Morrissey is ultimately responsible for all the dreck posted on his website, even if you want to suppose he’s not the person posting it. He could exercise oversight, and doesn’t. Sin of omission.
I think you need to brush up on the 'Brexit' thing; it isn't linked to anything untoward like 'racism' (this is a misconception by non-UK people) but it was more about us, in the UK, taking back control of our borders, money and laws while protecting our economy, security and Union, as opposed to being told what we could do, and what we couldn't do, by Europe.

In case you missed it, the voting results ran as follows: 52%:48% in favour of leaving the EU, so if, as you seem to imply, Brexit is linked to 'racism', then you are also implying, in turn, that we are a racist country. If you do further research, you would discover this not the case at all, we have an extremely accepting, tolerant and diverse society.

I don't think Moz was a 'Brexiteer' as you put it, although there's nothing bad in being a 'Brexiteer' per se- see above voting percentages; I seem to recall Moz took the view that Brexit would never happen because the politicians wouldn't let it. Fortunately, he got that call wrong and democracy saved the day.

No - it doesn't make the timeline off.

Anne Marie was an entryist to UKIP.

Before that she was in the Labour Party.

Her social media was already emphasising her veganism, her feminism & her gay rights activism.

Morrissey has never supported UKIP - but he had said that he thought animal rights activists were being smeared as extremists to keep them out of politics. In 2016 he'd been called a racist for being against Halal slaughter. So her assertion that she was being smeared to stop her winning the UKIP leadership - which is the only thing he commented on in October 2017 - would resonate.

Ukip MEPs Hold Secret Meeting To Discuss How To Block Anti-Islam Candidate From Leadership Contest. Anne Marie Waters is a controversial figure in the party… (Owen Bennett, Huffington Post, 11 July 2017)

I was very surprised the other day, it was very interesting for me to see Anne Marie Waters become the head of UKIP. Oh no, sorry, she didn’t, the voting was rigged. I forgot. (Morrissey, Central, 2 October 2017)

He has never been a Little Englander that was a smear created by the NME's 1992 article - they used those words.

Sam Esty Rayner clearly controls Central.

20220717_145257.jpg

I think you need to brush up on the 'Brexit' thing; it isn't linked to anything untoward like 'racism' (this is a misconception by non-UK people) but it was more about us, in the UK, taking back control of our borders, money and laws while protecting our economy, security and Union, as opposed to being told what we could do, and what we couldn't do, by Europe.

In case you missed it, the voting results ran as follows: 52%:48% in favour of leaving the EU, so if, as you seem to imply, Brexit is linked to 'racism', then you are also implying, in turn, that we are a racist country. If you do further research, you would discover this not the case at all, we have an extremely accepting, tolerant and diverse society.

I don't think Moz was a 'Brexiteer' as you put it, although there's nothing bad in being a 'Brexiteer' per se- see above voting percentages; I seem to recall Moz took the view that Brexit would never happen because the politicians wouldn't let it. Fortunately, he got that call wrong and democracy saved the day.

Yeah - he didn't support Brexit. He didn't vote & didn't mention it until it was over. He got annoyed with the media discourse around it. And he doesn't like any governments.

The new single Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on the Stage ends with a haunting chorus of ‘exit exit’ which some people have translated as ‘Brexit Brexit’. There’s a sight raise of an eyebrow which is already raised on a permanent basis.

“No, it’s not a Brexit song. The words are exit exit exit. There’s no Brexit in it. The line is ‘all the audience head for the exit when she’s onstage’ so it’s nothing to do with Brexit. People just rush to stupid conclusions and create facts and create their own truths and slaughter the issue.”

OK it’s not a Brexit song but he did say that Brexit was a magnificent thing right?

“I thought it was a fascinating strike for democracy because the people said the opposite to Westminster and I thought that was extraordinary. David Cameron didn’t imagine the result could be as it was but at least he did the honourable thing and slid away.”

(Morrissey, Sunday Times Magazine, 26 October 2017)

Also - it was & sometimes still is - left-wing to oppose the neoliberal EU.

It’s been astounding to witness so many left-wingers, in meltdown over Brexit, resort to parroting liberal economics. Thus we hear that factor mobility isn’t about labour arbitrage, that public services aren’t under pressure, that we must prioritise foreign direct investment and trade. It’s little wonder Labour became so detached from its base. Such claims do not match the lived experience of ordinary people in regions of the country devastated by deindustrialisation and disinvestment. (Joe Guinan, The New Statesman, July 2017)

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...-lets-do-something-different-when-we-leave-it

My view of the EU has always been not that I am hostile to foreigners but I am in favour of democracy. I think they are building an empire and want us to be part of that empire, and I don’t want that. (Tony Benn, Labour Party MP)

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-26575258

@Aubrey McFate

Last edited:
Found this in support of my earlier comment, via the Independent dated 26 November 2017, I'm sure there are others out there:

"Morrissey then said he believes Brexit will never happen "because Westminster don't want it" and that "they're just finding a way not to make it Brexit”.

The Manchester-born singer also explained how he’s “non-political”, saying: “I always have been. I've never voted in my life.”

"I don't see a party that speaks to me and I haven't ever," he added. "My vote is very precious. I won't use it just to get rid of somebody I don't like because they're all absolutely the same.”"

Understood, but just for clarity: I don’t think a pro-Brexit vote is racist, and did not mean to imply it, if that’s how it looked. I said “no sin in that” in regard to Morrissey’s interest in UKIP—with the implication that there was no sin even if that interest translated to support.

Brexit doesn’t bother me, and for the record, I don’t think for one second that Morrissey is a racist. And I share Anne Marie Waters’ position on Islam, which I do not think is racist either. The problem as I see it is that “some bad people on the right” are occasionally posted on Morrissey Central, and then the fact that this Anne Marie Waters scene went tragically south when she didn’t keep a proper distance from racists and Holocaust deniers only gives ammunition to certain people who want to connect all the wrong dots in order to cast Morrissey in the worst possible light.

Sam Esty Rayner clearly controls Central.

View attachment 82906

All you can prove is that he’s likely a contributor. The facts are this: Morrissey established that site, and the name of that section is “Messages from Morrissey,” not “Messages from Morrissey’s Nephew.” The responsibility is his if he wants people to think otherwise. You can’t be his viceroy or oracle.

All you can prove is that he’s likely a contributor. The facts are this: Morrissey established that site, and the name of that section is “Messages from Morrissey,” not “Messages from Morrissey’s Nephew.” The responsibility is his if he wants people to think otherwise. You can’t be his viceroy or oracle.

It's copyrighted to Sam Esty Rayner.

His own photography site has the same host.

20220717_163726.jpg

The content is often posted on Sam's personal social media before it reaches Central.

The statements from Morrissey have his name & the date attached.

The rest of the copy mentions Morrissey in the 3rd person.

Sam gave himself a credit.

20220717_164013.jpg

Morrissey's social media is so chaotic that they had to clarify that it was his then manager posting on Facebook about the Simpsons & not him.

It doesn't take an oracle.

I think Sam was trying to help - but accepted the press attacks on Morrissey at face value.

So he'd be trying to find reasons why it wasn't racist to hold a Union Jack, or mention immigration or be against halal slaughter - those search terms will put you into the far right algorithm.

The same thing happened to the radical feminists over gender. But more of them fell into that trap. And they didn't have 30 years of smears against them.

And Morrissey wasn't being attacked for holding a Union Jack.

He was attacked for appearing to be a sexually active gay man with fanbase of teenage boys.

You're shouting into the void, there is no point.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom