For Britain ceases to exist, Anne-Marie Waters says her support "has collapsed"

Well, that's a right f***ing shame, innit? Wonder how Mogsy's gonna take the news?

Excerpt:

For Britain, one of the UK’s most prominent far-right parties, has suddenly announced it will cease operations.

Anne Marie Waters, head of the anti-immigrant For Britain party, said her support “has collapsed” and that she is quitting electoral politics immediately. “The process of closing everything down has started today,” she said in a statement to members.

Her party was once deemed one of the best-organised far-right parties in the country, boasting a handful of councillors. Tommy Robinson, who has the largest online following of any far-right activist in Britain, gave the party a boost when he joined this spring. The Smiths frontman Morrissey said that Waters was the first person in his life that he had voted for.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Morrissey a climate denier? He sometimes mentions the deleterious effects of livestock on climate change when he speaks out on meat-eating, but usually as an afterthought, just like he sometimes mentions the ill effects on one's health. His primary concern is always the suffering of the animals.
The thing is, to not be de facto a climate change denier, you have to make sure your daily life has a minimal negative impact on the climate. Having no impact at all being impossible, since, like cows, we breathe, fart; and have a computer ("computer says moo").
But being a pop star or whatever it's called these days ( a belting boomer?) flying to and fro, playing in Vegas and festivals, making tons (okay, kilograms) of people go there by car / plane etc and so many other warming factors, he can't be blind to the fact that of course his lifestyle harms climate, and hence harms nature, and the animals that live in it.
It's not just livestock that suffers. At the moment many animals suffer because of droughts and uncontrollable fires around the globe. And then drown in floods.

Encouraging people to be vegan (when honestly I doubt he's one himself) simply doesn't compensate his carbon footprint. I keep hoping he'll see the sense in parting with his millions to do that, but he'll probably just leave everything to Anne-Marie to console her. ( sooooo consooooole meeee). He can get quite sentimental unfortunately.
There's always the hope his ma will visit him in a dweam to say I'm absolutely right as always, but who knows, maybe she thought highly of Anne Marie too, that nice animal-loving Irish lass, blah blah.
Hopefully she had more sense than her son.
It seems Anne Marie Waters decided to appeal to the Tommy Robinson vote, and muted the animal rights rhetoric in favor of the more fashionable immigration issues. Probably not a miscalculation, but if you’re going to be a fringe party, you might as well go “all in.”
I imagine M must be pretty torn as far as immigrant animals are concerned: oh what to do about Sadam the seal?? He did enter British waters without valid papers after all...

Well, that's a right f***ing shame, innit? Wonder how Mogsy's gonna take the news?

Excerpt:

For Britain, one of the UK’s most prominent far-right parties, has suddenly announced it will cease operations.

Anne Marie Waters, head of the anti-immigrant For Britain party, said her support “has collapsed” and that she is quitting electoral politics immediately. “The process of closing everything down has started today,” she said in a statement to members.

Her party was once deemed one of the best-organised far-right parties in the country, boasting a handful of councillors. Tommy Robinson, who has the largest online following of any far-right activist in Britain, gave the party a boost when he joined this spring. The Smiths frontman Morrissey said that Waters was the first person in his life that he had voted for.

Related items:
Morrissey cares about himself first followed by himself so I'm guessing he won't care about this.

The thing is, to not be de facto a climate change denier, you have to make sure your daily life has a minimal negative impact on the climate. Having no impact at all being impossible, since, like cows, we breathe, fart; and have a computer ("computer says moo").
But being a pop star or whatever it's called these days ( a belting boomer?) flying to and fro, playing in Vegas and festivals, making tons (okay, kilograms) of people go there by car / plane etc and so many other warming factors, he can't be blind to the fact that of course his lifestyle harms climate, and hence harms nature, and the animals that live in it.

Ah yes; fair points. But I had been curious to know if Morrissey was a willful denier on the actual data. I had no idea that For Britain had climate denial in their platform.

It’s certainly true that in galavanting around the world on tour, Morrissey is a jet-fuel contributor to climate change. He’s no better than all those hypocrite dignitaries who flew to Glasgow for COP26. But unlike those anthropocentric goons, he may’ve done the existential math on this one and come to the cold conclusion that climate doom will be a net gain for the animals. Yes, many wild animals will perish in the ecological catastrophe, but if humans perish, too, then there will be no one around to breed the billions of animals into existence to be tortured and slaughtered for food. Wild animals animals are a legitimate concern, but going by the numbers they are small potatoes.

SudHxNcrqVG1mA6J3tfko58vbNnBgndGFW-3bT0BSeE.png

Last edited:
Now that there's a For Britain-sized hole in the political world that needs filled, and other parties are changing leaders...
thesmiths_1985_voteformoz.jpg

Ah yes; fair points. But I had been curious to know if Morrissey was a willful denier on the actual data. I had no idea that For Britain had climate denial in their platform.

It’s certainly true that in galavanting around the world on tour, Morrissey is a jet-fuel contributor to climate change. He’s no better than all those hypocrite dignitaries who flew to Glasgow for COP26. But unlike those anthropocentric goons, he may’ve done the existential math on this one and come to the cold conclusion that climate doom will be a net gain for the animals. Yes, many wild animals will perish in the ecological catastrophe, but if humans perish, too, then there will be no one around to breed the billions of animals into existence to be tortured and slaughtered for food. Wild animals animals are a legitimate concern, but going by the numbers they are small potatoes.

Yeah, yeah, climate change and all that...
WHERE DO I GET A GIANT CHICKEN LIKE THAT?

Yeah, yeah, climate change and all that...
WHERE DO I GET A GIANT CHICKEN LIKE THAT?

Be patient, animal agriculture is doing everything they can with selective breeding and genetic modifications. The consumer must come first, and your behemoth might soon be on its way. If you want it for food, you'll be in luck, but if you want it for a pet, it will be a pretty sickly companion.

As recently as 1980, a finished broiler chicken weighed in at about 3.8 pounds. Today, the figure is 5.65 pounds—a 33 percent increase in just three decades. Meanwhile, the time it takes to get them to slaughter weight has plunged. A broiler can now go from hatchling to raw material for chicken nuggets in as little as 42 days—representing a growth rate four times as fast as those that prevailed just 50 years ago.

All of this is great for chicken-loving consumers and the the bottom lines of the companies that dominate chicken production: Tyson, Pilgrim’s Pride, and Perdue. For the birds themselves, it means growing faster and bigger than either their joints or their cardiovascular systems can handle, creating mutant creatures routinely burdened with leg injuries and heart trouble.

Holy crap. Then skip the article you moron.

Geez, it’s not that difficult of a concept to grasp. If the headline doesn’t interest me, ……..here it comes.………wait for it………….I go to the next article.

For my fellow Moz-solo ’friends’, I permit you to use this incredible technique I’ve mastered.

Well, it seems you didn’t understand the irony. Some people don't. Never mind.

PS: What an agressive person you are! :gun:

You can't even get that right - he asked people to give them a chance because he thought the were being lied about.

He was absolutely clear that he was against fascism & racism.

And he didn't vote!

That "journalist" should fact check.
People who don’t vote need to STFU.

Holy crap. Then skip the article you moron.

Geez, it’s not that difficult of a concept to grasp. If the headline doesn’t interest me, ……..here it comes.………wait for it………….I go to the next article.

For my fellow Moz-solo ’friends’, I permit you to use this incredible technique I’ve mastered.

Just one more thing:

You could have taken your own pedagogic advice and skipped my comment altogether.

Instead, you preferred to give your hateful, hurtful inner demons a free ride.

I don't think there is anyone out there who would 'deny' that the global climate has been changing and warming over the past few centuries. The statistics on that are clear.
What is less clear is that the warming is entirely due to human activity and, if it is due to human activity, that gases such as carbon dioxide are the main culprit and that we should therefore drastically reduce our production of carbon dioxide.
The science does point to the above, of course, but I do get skeptical when anyone claims that 'the science is settled' and anyone suggesting a varying view is labelled a 'denier'.
That we are teaching kids in school these days that we could all be extinct soon because of climate change is ridiculous. The human race may well be facing extinction - but not from climate change.

I don't think there is anyone out there who would 'deny' that the global climate has been changing and warming over the past few centuries. The statistics on that are clear.
What is less clear is that the warming is entirely due to human activity and, if it is due to human activity, that gases such as carbon dioxide are the main culprit and that we should therefore drastically reduce our production of carbon dioxide.
The science does point to the above, of course, but I do get skeptical when anyone claims that 'the science is settled' and anyone suggesting a varying view is labelled a 'denier'.
That we are teaching kids in school these days that we could all be extinct soon because of climate change is ridiculous. The human race may well be facing extinction - but not from climate change.

Skepticism is fair enough, but Morrissey, for his part, does fold the notion of livestock's methane contribution (and thus eventual climate doom) into his appeals for people to take up a vegan diet. It's probably the least of his concerns, animal suffering surely being his sole motivator, but a good rhetorician will throw in a multitude of various persuasions, especially when lives are at stake. So he may be a skeptic himself, but the letter Vex provided from Morrissey to Al Gore, while it theoretically could be another cynical ploy, suggests that he does accept the science.

Since you can’t miss the fact that meat consumption is killing the planet – your own sponsor organisation, the United Nations, states this – and since venues can and will cater vegan food for events, if you choose to serve animal flesh at Live Earth, you’ll be making a mockery of the very concept of the event, in which case it should be renamed ‘Dead Earth: We Contributed!’

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is the likeliest way human extinction might occur, if not from climate change? Nuclear winter? Asteroid collision? Personally I don't think climate change will necessarily extinguish us, but I think it will reduce our numbers significantly.

Last edited:
One of the amusing things about Skinny is his insistence that Morrissey's decline as a popular artiste can be *entirely* attributed to Mozzer's far right friends.

It's delusional, like he can't accept that his hero had a decline nor more severe than countless other musicians.

Manic Street Preachers, Elbow, David Gray, Paul Weller, Coldplay (to a degree) - all selling way more than Steven in his pomp, now struggling to sell buttons.

What's different with Morrissey is the people he pissed off the most were those every gig on the tour people, like Skinny, that made those concerts look more popular than they in fact were.

I don't like Morrissey's politics, I didn't buy Dog on a Chain because I listened to it once and it was s***. One thing isn't the whole thing

One of the amusing things about Skinny is his insistence that Morrissey's decline as a popular artiste can be *entirely* attributed to Mozzer's far right friends.

It's delusional, like he can't accept that his hero had a decline nor more severe than countless other musicians.

Manic Street Preachers, Elbow, David Gray, Paul Weller, Coldplay (to a degree) - all selling way more than Steven in his pomp, now struggling to sell buttons.

What's different with Morrissey is the people he pissed off the most were those every gig on the tour people, like Skinny, that made those concerts look more popular than they in fact were.

I don't like Morrissey's politics, I didn't buy Dog on a Chain because I listened to it once and it was s***. One thing isn't the whole thing
Manic Street Preachers had a number one album last autumn, so not sure they deserve to be in the above category.

The rest of what you see is accurate, with the exception of Skinny being at every gig.
He was a superfan to only himself.

:frowning::frowning:Personally I don't think climate change will necessarily extinguish us, but I think it will reduce our numbers significantly.
Huge migrations, multiplying conflicts for food and water, all in crazy weather... Add to that the risk of nuclear accident when there's no water left to cool nuclear plants.. and so on and so forth...Challenging times ahead.
Which is why it's better to be a zombie, they usually fare better in catastrophic times. If you're a rich one with an end-of-the-world shelter under your Swiss villa, you really have nothing to worry about.

When the old system finally collapses, small groups of dishevelled hoomans will fight to the death over Russell Brand's house.

I also predict the end of fireworks. (y)

Last edited:
Encouraging people to be vegan (when honestly I doubt he's one himself) simply doesn't compensate his carbon footprint.

I am genuinely interested in why you say this and what you mean by it.

Do you mean that very, very occasionally he might have had a bite of cheese or spoon of honey in something?

Or do you mean his veganism is somehow genuinely a fraud!?! . . . !!

Same old

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom