Morrissey Central "FOOTPRINTS" (April 5, 2022)

FOOTPRINTS

"Egypt, Ukraine …
so many people in pain."

Morrissey, WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, 2014.

IMG_1535_lcypfy.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

‘Tombs are full of fools who gave their life upon command
Of monarchy, oligarch
And now never coming back, never coming back’

the war in ukraine began in february 2014,not this year

the song was recorded in february 2014

8 years ago. it would seem morrissey was ahead of the pack
Maybe but the past is the past. He ´d better find a record deal. That’s present and future.

I wonder if Sam or Morrissey are aware that gay marriage is illegal in Ukraine, or that Neo Nazis are part of the Ukraine fighting force? It doesn't excuse Putin's actions but it is interesting.
You think if they had such knowledge, they would not have post this message ?

gay marriage is illegal in russia too, whats your point?
Exactly , it doesn't make any sense .
Moreover, Russian gays are facing arrest because they are raising children born to them by surrogates. Investigators may criminalize the supply of semen for in vitro fertilization by men "of non-traditional orientation".

This reminds me of the persecution of gays in the Third Reich :unsure:

The list of similarities between Putin's Russia and Hitler's Germany is very long, but this is not the place and is not the time.
But of course we can still sit in comfortable armchairs and debate the Azov Battalion and the rotten west.
Period.

I wonder if Sam or Morrissey are aware that gay marriage is illegal in Ukraine, or that Neo Nazis are part of the Ukraine fighting force? It doesn't excuse Putin's actions but it is interesting.
I think it is all much more complex than short statements like "But Ukraine...". It is a fratricidal war started by Russia, but the Ukrainians can heroically resist the blunt force of the Russians, because they know each other. All the things like concerts, music and online opportunities pale in comparison to the sheer violence ("Butcher!") and the consequences will make life very difficult for all of us. Wait a few more months.

I cannot understand What do you want.... Everything that Morrissey says or do ... many of you just criticise ....It´s nonsense.... Please stop follwing Morrissey and his carrer go to another idol... He sang in 2014 about Ukraine and it´s so ok... it´s happening, just now.
Actually, at that time Russia invaded Crimeia, so there is no guessing... He sang about a thing that was happening or about to happen, since Putin was threating to invade Crimeia long before he actually did.

Throw in the contents of Hunter Biden’s computer, apparent (and conflicting) historical promises made to Russia and Ukraine by the US, and the routes Hitler and Napoleon took on their way towards Russia—and then it all gets more interesting still.

And then there’s that Ukraine ‘National Hero’ Stepan Bandera who endures in contemporary Ukraine rhetoric. And the sensitive matter of Stalin’s treatment of the Ukraine region, before WW2.

It might be ‘nice’ if the mainstream media mentioned just some of this, to provide a little context.

I think it is all much more complex than short statements like "But Ukraine...". It is a fratricidal war started by Russia, but the Ukrainians can heroically resist the blunt force of the Russians, because they know each other. All the things like concerts, music and online opportunities pale in comparison to the sheer violence ("Butcher!") and the consequences will make life very difficult for all of us. Wait a few more months.
:rolleyes:

"concerts music and 'online opportunities'o_O
pale in comparison to the sheer violence ("Butcher"! (o_O enter the butcher:crazy:) and the consequences with make life very difficult for us"

concerts music and online opportunities pale as nothings compared to the sheer violence of the "Butcher":crazy:

🎎

:hammer:

Actually, at that time Russia invaded Crimeia, so there is no guessing... He sang about a thing that was happening or about to happen, since Putin was threating to invade Crimeia long before he actually did.
Egypt and Bahrain - Arab spring ( 2010 -2012 )
Brazil - massive demonstrations ( 2013)
Ukraine - Euromaidan ( 2013 -2014 )

In all cases it is about huge people's protests against the authorities .

So I still don't know what's this message we're commenting on mean :unsure:

Put this man to recite more songs poems or I say, he does it very well!!! Moz please prepare new material where you recite as divinely as before, . God please put it to recite!!!!!!!

Throw in the contents of Hunter Biden’s computer, apparent (and conflicting) historical promises made to Russia and Ukraine by the US, and the routes Hitler and Napoleon took on their way towards Russia—and then it all gets more interesting still.

And then there’s that Ukraine ‘National Hero’ Stepan Bandera who endures in contemporary Ukraine rhetoric. And the sensitive matter of Stalin’s treatment of the Ukraine region, before WW2.

It might be ‘nice’ if the mainstream media mentioned just some of this, to provide a little context.
Yes they are all key issues for sure. It'd also be helpful if they mentioned the fact that America has been egging Ukraine on to stoke this war since they backed the coup in 2014 giving the Ukraine the impression they could actually win a war with Russia. They might want to add in that Kelensky was given the option of no war as long as he didn't sign up to be part of NATO. But the world needs its villains and Putin more that suits the part. I think it might be something about the fact that Russia doesn't want to be surrounded by NATO allies.

It can be awkward knowing some facts in this day and age. It's probably best to remain ignorant and add Ukraine flags to twitter handles. Yes Putin is a creep alright but it ain't as simple as we're being fed.

Last edited:
You think if they had such knowledge, they would not have post this message ?
I'd say they'd post it anyway. People are wilfully ignorant. It's a lot easier to make vacuous statements that mean absolutely nothing. Morrissey has been guilty of this plenty of times. That line in the song makes me cringe no end.

Yes they are all key issues for sure. It'd also be helpful if they mentioned the fact that America has been egging Ukraine on to stoke this war since they backed the coup in 2014 giving the Ukraine the impression they could actually win a war with Russia. They might want to add in that Kelensky as given the option of no war as long as he didn't sign up to be part of NATO. But the world needs its villains and Putin more that suits the part. I think it might be something about the fact that Russia doesn't want to be surrounded by NATO allies.

It can be awkward knowing some facts in this day and age. It's probably best to remain ignorant and add Ukraine flags to twitter handles. Yes Putin is a creep alright but it ain't as simple as we're being fed.
Finally, an intelligent response. Thank you.

Finally, an intelligent response
I should've mentioned that NATO hasn't actually confirmed Ukraine to officially be part of NATO which means Kelensky is a bit of a puppet at the moment. But instead of doing a deal with Russia that would mean no war he's decided to be a hero and put his people in harms way completely unnecessarily.

It doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for the innocent civilians of Ukraine. On the contrary. They're being used by both Putin and Kelensky. It's difficult to put that into a catchy song lyric though.

And people say I'm a Moz Bot.... pffft...

:rolleyes:

so putin doesnt want to be surrounded by NATO allies or countries that may want
to be NATO allies even if they are not presently NATO allies:crazy:

NATO are as dangerous as the Keystone cops:lbf:

:hammer:

They might want to add in that Kelensky was given the option of no war as long as he didn't sign up to be part of NATO.
Yes, and the civil war wouldn't have been fought if the south were allowed slaves. So what? The south should have slaves and Ukraine shouldn't have self-determination?

No way was NATO ever allowing Ukraine to join while the Donbas was under attack. To do so would be immediate war with Russia under Article 5. The war isn't about NATO.

Russia's tactic is to throw so much shit at the wall that some of it sticks. You've swallowed enough.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom