Fontaines DC

Dirk Blaggard

I just saw a mate of mine post about this Irish band Fontaines DC. I had a listen and they are quite good, which is annoying to admit as the friend im talking about gets on my nerves because he's so f***ing Morrissey, makes me jealous. To make it worse my daughter and her friends think he's "well, fit" , LOL
Actually, this guy posted this clip of the Stone Roses from 1985 as well the other day. It's fecking mad how much Ian Brown used to copy our M. Go on Youtube and put Stone Roses 1985 and see what I mean.

Fontaines DC are a great band! A Smiths connection is that the lead guitarist is playing a Johnny Marr signature Fender Jaguar in this video.

I saw Fontaines D,C, about five times up to the launch of their first album Dogrel. I found their live performances breath-taking. I dithered over songs at times, but like Smiths tunes, snippets of lyrics tend to float into the mind with the exact phrase to capture a mood or situation. A good example is No, from the second album

They're a cut above all right imo : )

I saw Fontaines D,C, about five times up to the launch of their first album Dogrel. I found their live performances breath-taking. I dithered over songs at times, but like Smiths tunes, snippets of lyrics tend to float into the mind with the exact phrase to capture a mood or situation. A good example is No, from the second album

They're a cut above all right imo : )

Yes one of my friends turned me on to them last week .
He said "not as poetic as they would like to think but they are a curious mix of the fall, oasis and strokes. with a hint of smiths. I think they are as good as Oasis and Strokes but of course they are no way as good as Smiths and Oasis"

I tend to agree. Im hooked

Back
Top Bottom