Florence - Obihall (Oct. 21, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / First Of The Gang To Die / Staircase At The University / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Istanbul / Trouble Loves Me / Kiss Me A Lot / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / The Bullfighter Dies / You Have Killed Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / I'm Not A Man // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Alejandro Kapacevic / Facebook via gonzax.

• Photos by Eleonora Birardi (30 total) / Flickr. Link posted by Chickpea.

florence2.jpg
  • Photo by aleberre / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester.

florence.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing night! Staircase sounded wonderful. Trouble loves me and Asleep my personal highlights. Moz witty and in great shape. 'Firenze, Firenze, hold on to your Firenze'. I'll post pics tomorrow, too tired now...

That's some seriously good punning. :D I hope you got a handshake svb! :pray:

elyterry77
4 hours ago · Obi Hall
Then at midnight I can't get you out of my head #morrissey #moz #morrisseytour2014 #thesmiths #tour2014 #truetoyou #picoftheday #photooftheday #pictureoftheday #live #concert #concerto #bestoftheday #foto_italiane #firenze #florence #igersfirenze #igerstoscana #igersitalia #instacool #instamood #instadream #instaitalia #iphoneonly #singer

10731928_959413147407371_1993853610_n.jpg

From lonely guy walking alone in Sweden to hundreds reaching for his hand. Think he is loving this tour and makes me sooo happy to see him happy.

Hmmm !
He must HATE America and its dudes with all those cancelled dates, seems happy in Europe.bbbbbbbbbbb

Here are the last two minutes of Staircase, filmed with my phone:

http://youtu.be/8BuiEXLiGho

I was very curious to see and hear Gustavo's skill in the solo guitar at the end. Bravo Gustavo!

On the other side I feel quite tired of going to Moz gigs and finding these pricks and their list! For those who don't know, there are the usual guys, one is Guillarme or whatever his name is, the other is "the skull girl" whose name I don't know, plus others, who arrive in the morning of the gig and start to compile a list of "aficionados", 20-30 people.

When one arrives at the gig, these people are not in front of the doors or queueing, they are just around, some are not even there and arrive later. When it's time to stand in front of the closed doors, one or two hours before the gig, these guys make a sort of wall not allowing anyone to enter before them. A kind of mafia.

I respect queues and people who go there first and very early, but I think these people should really queue like, for example, people who stand outside Apple Stores to wait for the release of a new iPhone. Get a chair, get whatever you want, but stay in front of the doors since the beginning! In Bologna there were people who went there early in the afternoon to be included in the "list" and then went home, just to come back at the very end and expecting to enter first.

And one more hilarious thing (this is really laughable!). When doors open in some venues, people must run even for some hundred metres to get to the stage, but the mafia-list-people expect that people behind them run slower than them because they deserve to be in the first row :-D

Last but not least, most of them during the gig just stand there without singing, like dummies. Last night I was watching them and thought: what's the point?

Maybe these guys just really need to get a life. Maybe the list and all the rest is just the peak of their days. Quite sad.

Amazing night! Staircase sounded wonderful. Trouble loves me and Asleep my personal highlights. Moz witty and in great shape. 'Firenze, Firenze, hold on to your Firenze'. I'll post pics tomorrow, too tired now...

Superb! Good to hear you had an amazing gig in Florence and you got Staircase! Ace!!!

I totally agree with you. That's pathetic. It looks like Take That gigs in 1992. That's not passion, that's obsession. Get a life you morons.

That's some seriously good punning. :D I hope you got a handshake svb! :pray:
I did get a handshake, yes! :)
Another things he said, but don't remember the exact words: 'I've been around your lovely city today: so many cars that people can't walk, so many people that cars can't drive..just perfect!' (which I can absolutely confirm!)
Also...During the soundcheck they tried 'Smiler with knife' but it wasn't played in the show, maybe the lucky guys in Padova tonight will have that one too?
These are a few photos but the quality is very low...anyway:
20141021_215128.jpg
20141021_215133.jpg
20141021_220245.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the last two minutes of Staircase, filmed with my phone:

http://youtu.be/8BuiEXLiGho

I was very curious to see and hear Gustavo's skill in the solo guitar at the end. Bravo Gustavo!

On the other side I feel quite tired of going to Moz gigs and finding these pricks and their list! For those who don't know, there are the usual guys, one is Guillarme or whatever his name is, the other is "the skull girl" whose name I don't know, plus others, who arrive in the morning of the gig and start to compile a list of "aficionados", 20-30 people.

When one arrives at the gig, these people are not in front of the doors or queueing, they are just around, some are not even there and arrive later. When it's time to stand in front of the closed doors, one or two hours before the gig, these guys make a sort of wall not allowing anyone to enter before them. A kind of mafia.

I respect queues and people who go there first and very early, but I think these people should really queue like, for example, people who stand outside Apple Stores to wait for the release of a new iPhone. Get a chair, get whatever you want, but stay in front of the doors since the beginning! In Bologna there were people who went there early in the afternoon to be included in the "list" and then went home, just to come back at the very end and expecting to enter first.

And one more hilarious thing (this is really laughable!). When doors open in some venues, people must run even for some hundred metres to get to the stage, but the mafia-list-people expect that people behind them run slower than them because they deserve to be in the first row :-D

Last but not least, most of them during the gig just stand there without singing, like dummies. Last night I was watching them and thought: what's the point?

Maybe these guys just really need to get a life. Maybe the list and all the rest is just the peak of their days. Quite sad.

This perfectly sums up how I was feeling last night. I could't help but listen in on a few of their asinine conversations before the gig. I get the whole 'fandom' thing but if you've already seen Moz a few times already on the tour then don't get upset and start swearing if somebody dares to queue in front of you. Most of us can't afford to follow him all over Europe and I'll probably never see him again.

Also while I'm ranting, if you're going be ultras then at least do it properly, don't stand around like a statue and watch half the gig though the screen on your phone. I can understand why people wanted to film Staircase (as far as I'm aware it has never been performed live before) but if you want to see grainy footage with bad audio of Moz singing Asleep then just type it into Youtube. If you're going to fight for an experience you might as well actually experience it.

Would't it be better to enjoy the gig you paid €50 to get into? Instead of distracting the people around you with a smartphone?

Sorry if this sounds like a trite complaint.

What a swindle! An horrible set list, nothing I mean NOTHING for the audience who needed more Smiths hits. And among his recent songs, the most ugly ones. Disapponited, pretty pissed off, f**k u Moz!

Is anyone who posts here one of the Morrissey 'freaks'?...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom