Florence - Cavea Nuovo Teatro Dell'Opera (July 11, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Maladjusted / Black Cloud / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far Off Places // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by aliceasr

Last edited:
Thanks for all the helpful feedback about the shows, haters.

53 and still looks so cool,the drummer seems to have fitted in with no problems,hope he does "im not sorry" in edinburgh and manchester : ))))

I believe its Batman and Robin from the original US TV series: It stars Adam West as Batman and Burt Ward as Robin

I'll be in Grado tomorrow from Sardinia . A long trip to see the great Moz for my first time. Hoping that "First of the gang" will played ....

@Thesmithsmorrissey You can't hail taxis in Florence; you have to call them.
And there's a tram and buses outside the venue, so maybe public transport is not too bad...

Not entirely true

I've hailed taxis before there, by literally standing in the road risking to get hit so they HAVE to stop

and anyway, what kind of back-ass cab service is that, where you can't hail them and instead have to call them?

Oh, and

that black floral dress shirt Mozzer wore in the latter half of the set was absolutely godhead.

WANT

Last edited:

This is pretty cool and maybe even a bit romantic, he seemed to be enjoying all the kisses from the crowd. Would have been funny if people in the crowd had tossed their shirts to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
hallo, i am contacting you with a strange request...
my name is jörg, and i have two tickets for the gig in grado tonight. but due to a death case in the family of my girlfriend i can´t see the concert, since of course we will not go there.
when i saw the concert in milano i wanted to buy the blue forza mozzer shirt, but didn´t because i thought to do this in grado.
now i want to know if there´s a chance you buy the shirt for me in grado and then send it.
i will of course pay all expenses.
please find my mobile number below
maybe we can find a way
thanks
joerg

LMKY sans vocals wasn't as romantic as it sounds. I'm sure it will surface soon

really wish he'd do some variations to the setlist, at least in Italy where he has history and he knows a large part of the audience is following him up and down the country. Tomorrow's show in Grado will probably be more of the same though

I'm not complaining. Hearing 'I Know It's Over' nightly is worth the price of admission alone. And I finally broke down and bought one of those duffel bags he has for sale at the merch table

After 11 hours by train, finally yesterday I returned in Taranto (South Italy)!
I was destroyed for the long journey, but very happy to have seen Moz in both Milan and in Florence!
The Milan concert was fantastic!
I was right under the stage!
And the emotion to see him so close, almost face to face, is something of indescribable!
His perfect voice, the theatricality in his movements and gestures, Boz challenged us with his eyes, see and help the guys who try to get on stage!
All fantastic!
I was also able to conquer a shred of her beautiful shirt designed with small lilac flowers which I then gave to a girl who kindly bit my hand!
Fortunately, an English boy tore me from Moz's shirt that he was able to get just a little strip of cloth!
Thank you, friend!
About the evening in Florence, it had started very bad for me because I had not bought the ticket in presale and arrived on site, to my surprise there was completely sold out!
My lack of confidence in the Morrissey's ability to fill the theater was rightly punishing me!
But at the end a ticket I found and I enjoyed the show!
Too, the date of Florence was fantastic, even if Moz looked tired!
In fact, after Moz sang I know it's over, he came out to change his shirt and returned late, when the band had already started playing the vocal part!
So, just for this he has left the audience sing for Him!
And at the end of the song Moz is gone to the drums, it is sprinkled water on his face and he inhaled in the nose something that he took from a pocket of his jeans! Then he turned toward the band as they should cut some songs in the setlist!
Since then it has been less chatty with the audience, and at the end of How Soon Is Now?, Moz gone away without saying goodbye or thank you!
He did not say anything at all!
And another strange fact, during the outro, the theater lights were not switched on and the whole audience was still at his post, thinking perhaps that the show continues!
And when the outro finally finished and the lights are on, people realized that the concert had really over and more than one was disappointed!
And sorry I was only see this reaction in the faces of many "occasionals" spectators!
P. S. The Moz's crew in Florence was very tough and severe! So you risk that someone could seriously get hurt!

I should know this but it escapes me. The intro of a Liverpudlian listing everything that is wrong with the world, including Jimmy Tarbuck, who is it and what is it from?
Ta.

Back
Top Bottom