Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (updated)

UPDATE 4:25PM PT:

Link posted by lindsey1151:

Press release - true-to-you.net
24 January 2013

Morrissey's concert tonight, January 24, in Flint, MI has been cancelled and subsequent performances in Minneapolis (1/25) and Chicago (1/26) are currently being postponed due to band illness. Those who have already purchased tickets for tonight's show in Flint will be refunded their full ticket price. Those who have already purchased tickets for performances in Minneapolis and Chicago are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for rescheduled dates. The tour will resume Monday, January 28 in Asheville, NC.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience and wishes his band a speedy recovery!

Terry sends word from the venue that tonight's show in Flint, MI is cancelled due to Morrissey's illness.

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Twitter updated from the venue:

https://twitter.com/TheWhitingFlint/status/294550746832187392

Due to artists' illness, tonight's performance of MORRISSEY has been cancelled. Refunds will be given at point of purchase.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

Not sure if the two are linked or not but Kristeen Young has just announced on Facebook that her Mum died last night..

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

For what it's worth, Kristeen Young just posted that her mother died last evening. It's not the reason for the recent cancellations, obviously - she said she will be back on the road with Morrissey for Asheville.

So its not the reason for cancellations ! Right ?
So "For what it's worth"! And with all condolences to Kristeen and extended family so sorry for your loss.
For what its worth as you put it ! WHAT ? IS ? IT ? WORTH ?
It has no meaning or relevance to people being pissed off at losing time/money/patience with Morrissey's consistent dis-regard for his audience by calling off at very short notice does it ?
And if some spin doctor tries to say it does then the question is why not just say words to the effect of "Sadly due to bereavement tonights show at . . . . .has had to be cancelled, our thoughts and prayers go out to all concerned by this very sad news, we ask all ticket holders to hang on to their tickets until further notice at this very sad time.
Once again . . . . . . . . . . . . .our thoughts and prayer's are with you all at this very sad time."

Thats how its normally done.

Condolences to all the Young family

To all the haters, I think your ponytails are a bit too tight - some sort of cross mogination going on. If you want predictability, Elton and Madonna are just one click away. They will definitely appeal to your need for straight lines, right angles and a complete lack of originality.

I hear what your saying Marty, I can identify with you on this post of yours,

I also used to make no sense when I started dabbling with alcohol, but I'm over it now.

I think they handed Morrissey a complimentary copy of "Roger and Me." He got to the rabbit scene and says "I will no longer play in a place where they support rabbit torture!" But wait, he should ban playing in all of the USA like he did to Canada because of a seal hunt.

Drove 4 hours from Ontario, second time.

It is a shame and very disappointing that the these shows had to be postponed. But what is even more disappointing is the disrespect and bashing. If you are a true fan, you simply don't write the garbage that you do. These are exactly the type of people he doesn't want at his shows. And to accuse Morrissey of cancelling because of low ticket sales is insulting. I just saw him at A.C. and Reading. I suggest some of you true fans and followers watch video of Reading and you'll see how truly sick Boz and the other members were. The poor guy had his guitar on a stand and was wearing a mask! Where is your sympathy people? BTW both shows rocked, Moz was in fine form and I will forever have that heavenly voice in my head. Thank you Moz, a devoted girl from Manchester. xoxo

I think they handed Morrissey a complimentary copy of "Roger and Me." He got to the rabbit scene and says "I will no longer play in a place where they support rabbit torture!" But wait, he should ban playing in all of the USA like he did to Canada because of a seal hunt.

Drove 4 hours from Ontario, second time.

That scene was gratuitous--unless its sole purpose was to make Flint look like city infested with white trash.

Not sure if the two are linked or not but Kristeen Young has just announced on Facebook that her Mum died last night..

That's very sad.

I feel terrible for Kristeen and her family and loved ones but she could leave the tour and Morrissey could simply not have an opening act and pretty much everyone would be ok with that.

I just got screwed on non refundable hotel bookings from Priceline not once but twice because of Morrissey dropping MPLS. There will not be a third effort to see this twat. As far as I'm concerned Morrissey owes me a couple hundred bucks. f***er. Maybe I'll torrent his music so I can get my money's worth. Nothing like getting cancelled on the eleventh hour. It's his fans who provide him with the money to not give a shit about them. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

It is a shame and very disappointing that the these shows had to be postponed. But what is even more disappointing is the disrespect and bashing. If you are a true fan, you simply don't write the garbage that you do. These are exactly the type of people he doesn't want at his shows. And to accuse Morrissey of cancelling because of low ticket sales is insulting. I just saw him at A.C. and Reading. I suggest some of you true fans and followers watch video of Reading and you'll see how truly sick Boz and the other members were. The poor guy had his guitar on a stand and was wearing a mask! Where is your sympathy people? BTW both shows rocked, Moz was in fine form and I will forever have that heavenly voice in my head. Thank you Moz, a devoted girl from Manchester. xoxo

Yes, you are correct. I saw Morrissey in Port Chester, and he was fantastic. He mentioned that a number of people in the band were not feeling well.

Some of the comments on this site are surreal. They cannot be from fans or former fans.

I feel terrible for Kristeen and her family and loved ones but she could leave the tour and Morrissey could simply not have an opening act and pretty much everyone would be ok with that.

...her mother's death has absolutely nothing to do with the cancellation of dates. If the band was not sick and the tour was resuming, she would presumably drop out of a few dates and then pick back up on the road with Morrissey, as is the current plan.

I travelled from Toronto not once, but twice to go see Morrissey in Flint. Sorry, not buying his excuses this time. He says he won't play Canada because of the seal hunt, I say he should boycott England because the British invented slavery, f***ed up the Middle East and really have no legitimate claim to the Falkland Islands.

So you see the, how false the statement is...he wishes his band a speedy recovery- hogwash ..fans deserve the truth
Maybe he had a temper tantrum...who knows. I was at his bus talking with a crew member the guy seemed like he wanted to talk but couldn't. I was all sympathetic at first wondering if his mum passed but you know what.... It's bs. For sure. Not the first time is it.
Errrr, I was being sarcastic. Obviously you've never performed live or been in a band. The only person they might be able to replace is Anthony Burulcich if Matt Walker could have been induced to return, think he lives near Chicago. Nobody else would be up to speed and would need time to get to know all the current songs.

For what it's worth, Kristeen Young just posted that her mother died last evening. It's not the reason for the recent cancellations, obviously - she said she will be back on the road with Morrissey for Asheville.

That's very sad news. Best wishes to her and those around her.

P.

I just got screwed on non refundable hotel bookings from Priceline not once but twice because of Morrissey dropping MPLS. There will not be a third effort to see this twat. As far as I'm concerned Morrissey owes me a couple hundred bucks. f***er. Maybe I'll torrent his music so I can get my money's worth. Nothing like getting cancelled on the eleventh hour. It's his fans who provide him with the money to not give a shit about them. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
You got screwed twice by Priceline and you think that's Morrissey's fault? How about not using Priceline, pay extra for a room that comes with a refund. I flew from London to Chicago, paid for my friend to fly up from WV, stayed three nights in a hotel in the Loop and still didn't see Morrissey cos Boz forgot to renew his visa. I couldn't get to the replacement date because I couldn't get the time off work but I got to see him with my friend in Pittsburgh this week and he was worth every penny.

How exactly is he biting the hand that feeds him? He's refunding Flint and rearranging the other two but he'll have to pay for the venue hire regardless of whether he plays or not so he'll have paid for Flint twice and three times for Chicago and Minneapolis. His insurance might cover illness of the band, maybe even of his mother but you can be damn certain they won’t pay out unless they have rock solid evidence that someone was really ill. If not then I reckon cancelling will cost him plenty.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom